Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Welcome to the Beginner Forums! (Also known as "Why am I here!")

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sell the cb7tuner.com decals.

Comment

new account 91 dr lx

hi guys,

I've been checking out cb7tuner.com website about everyday since something like 10 months and today I had nothing to do and deciced to once and for all get things moving and create an account. My 91 lx sedan is my first car, I bought it on June 2005, in pretty bad shape, for 1500CAN$(+/- 2000USD$). At this time I wasn't a car guy at all but I totally loved my accord and when I founded this website, I realised that I had a pearl in my hands and started to put it back in shape. I go to school and I work a lot (as a butcher) so I don't have any time and money$ to do what I would like to, but slowly it getting better and better. Thats about it......I'm 21 and i'm from quebec city (can.) so excuse me for my poor english, I usually speak french. I'll do my best for you to understand

*and please tell me if I did something wrong before kicking me out I'll change it asap.

my sedan

Comment

Welcome! Your English is pretty good considering you speak French most of the time. There are people on here that are a lot worse... and they ONLY speak English!

$2000 for a CB7 in rough shape is pretty pricey. Hopefully it's nothing major! Glad to hear you're fixing it up, though! Everything you could possibly need to know can be found here on the site... most of it has been said before, some things you might need to ask about.

Comment

Thanks For The Welcome In

Comment

Originally posted by 418_CB7
            hi guys,

I've been checking out cb7tuner.com website about everyday since something like 10 months and today I had nothing to do and deciced to once and for all get things moving and create an account. My 91 lx sedan is my first car, I bought it on June 2005, in pretty bad shape, for 1500CAN$(+/- 2000USD$). At this time I wasn't a car guy at all but I totally loved my accord and when I founded this website, I realised that I had a pearl in my hands and started to put it back in shape. I go to school and I work a lot (as a butcher) so I don't have any time and money$ to do what I would like to, but slowly it getting better and better. Thats about it......I'm 21 and i'm from quebec city (can.) so excuse me for my poor english, I usually speak french. I'll do my best for you to understand

*and please tell me if I did something wrong before kicking me out I'll change it asap.
            hey man welcome to the forum...like Deev said....everything you could need is here...if you cant find it just ask someone...some people are rough around the edges but they warm up after a while. Post some pics of your car and dont worry about getting kicked out, "banned". As long as you read first and dont "attack" anyone or cause trouble you wont have a single problem...i rarely see this although it does happen...so just keep doing what youve been doing!!

Comment

this is a bit stupid

i don't see why we should have to wait to be able to reply to other posts, cos i have questions about a post i have read that is important and i can't even ask it until i get to 30 posts, it's a bit stupid to be honest.,...

Comment

Trini, ask away in the beginner forums. you can make a thread about your question.

the 30 posts rule is kinda tough, but there are many reasons why it was implemented. from people registering just to rip people off, to newcomers being flamed and so on. later.
                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

i've just made a post, the only thing i can do...

Comment

I think it's a brilliant idea. I'm an admin on another forum and active on at least 4 or 5 more and something like this is an experianced person's dream, lol. I can't tell you how tired people get of answering the same questions over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over.....

Well, you get the idea, lol. This way you can ask those common as shit questions and not catch hell for it, and they (the senior members) don't have to hear the same question 8 times a day ( or tell someone to search ). The forum I'm an admin on, for example. Just recently I saw the same question posted in a new thread from 9 people in one day. I would think this is cutting way down on that, lol.

Anyway...

- Rob -
                    92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
                    85 Toyota 4Runner
                    1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
                    2008 HD 1200N
                    2009 HD 883N

Comment

Exactly

If you have a question that involves a discussion elsewhere on the board, feel free to ask about it in the Beginner Forums, and link to the original thread. Many experienced members DO come in here to help, and it would probably help a number of the newer members to see it. You can ask ANYTHING here in the Beginner Forums, from basic questions to highly complex stuff... At least in here, you don't run the risk of someone telling you to search, and not giving info. There are times that I ONLY ask questions in here, because I can ban the idiots that don't want to contribute I like my beginner forums!

Comment

Sucks but rules are rules for a reason. Soon to be a freebird and glad to be here.
                        Why is it you can PM but not post in the main forums?

Comment

Keeping the " USE THE SEARCH OPTION" screaming down to a minimum is good. Over at PP they blast each other, too many immature people at times. Can't seem to post your opinion without getting slammed at times.

Originally posted by deevergote
                          The only bad thing about that is that the "wanted" forums solicit "I have this for sale" posts. Therefore, new members can sell things in there... and scam people that way. Not that having 30 posts will prevent someone from scamming, but it's an extra step that might make it too much work for a petty scammer.

Plus, the 30 post thing isn't just for scammer protection. It's for "dumb question" protection. You can ask anything you want in here and you won't get yelled at. Anyone who decides to be disrespectful to a new member here can take a week off. In the rest of the forum, questions that have been covered a million times are often attacked... I try to keep that under control, but it's not easy. At least here, the new members can get it out of thir system.

Comment

Originally posted by terminator2373
                            Sucks but rules are rules for a reason. Soon to be a freebird and glad to be here.
                            Why is it you can PM but not post in the main forums?
                            Because I can't disable the PM option...

As you saw in my post quoted in your next response, we have the new members limited to the Beginner forums for their (and our) protection. In the past, we've had many issues with people getting flamed HORRIBLY for even legitimate questions (I can't tell you how many times I've seen a question that was similar to a common question, but not exactly, get flamed for 3 pages before someone was smart enough to actually read the question itself...) We've also had a problem with scammers in the Classifieds forum (I myself have been scammed out of $85 for a digital camera). By keeping the newer members locked up in here for 30 REAL posts, it keeps that under control.

In 30 posts, a new member can ask and read enough basic information to be adequately equipped to thrive in the full forums... they can get their simple questions out of the way (what engine, turbo, body kits, wheels, etc...) and go into the real forums ready to ask questions that maybe haven't been asked a million times before! 30 CB7-related posts will also ensure that someone will be serious about their car, rather than just coming on here to score a quick buck off of some naive fool. It would take a dedicated scammer to come on the forums here, post 30 legitimate questions/responses about something they don't know/care about, just to get into the main Classified forums.

Comment

Idea

I have a great Idea.

How about adding an "Introduction", or move the Member Rides forum over this way so that new comers (such as myself), can start off with their very first "post" as an introduction for themselves to the forum.

Just a thought. Maybe also a "General" Beginner for those who want to talk about cars in general, without anything specific, but I am guessing maybe that is what the Off Topic in this section is for.

Nice to be here... just bought a CB7 with LegacyAccord... 92 EX-R, with a "KFC" Vehicle Electrical Harness.... 4 days of wiring here we come!

Also, why are some sections of the forum white, like the borders, and forum thread titles... they are becoming blinding.
                              Fuzz :: eFuzz.ca
                              Kevin 'Fuzz' G
                              Maker of Drift Videos... OOooohhhhh Yeeeaaa!

98 CG3 - Dropped, Rimmed, & Kit
                              92 CB7 EX-R - Dropped, 'Weight Reduction'.
                              I'm New Here, be nice!

Comment

The Member's Rides section is highly structured, so it's best if people have some experience following the rules of the site before they make a thread there. The Beginner Image Gallery provides a place for them to show off their cars. The Off Topic section is fine for saying hello.

What do you mean the white is blinding? I dunno... the borders and such have always been that way.

Did you buy Steve's old black CB7, or did you get one of your own?

Comment

Working...
                                X