Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Introduction of myself and the turbo turd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction of myself and the turbo turd.

Whats up guys, new here ill introduce myself and my car, i drive a 93 sedan se 5 speed, its beat up and ugly and ziptied together, but im working on straightening it all up, im a tech at a shop so i can mess with it quite a bit, its an f22a1? I think, got a built bottom end, 8.5 wiseco pistons h beam rods, stock head, full pulley kit,adjustable cam gear lowered on springs and shocks, adjustable trac bar things sub frame brace, strut brace, needs a valve adjustment, its a 50 trim, ill get the specs when i get back to the car but its a pretty big turbo, fmic full exhuast, turbo back, right now its tuned on 10 lbs, also its got these fiberglass fenders that i absolutely hate, looks like it came out of the fast and furious.

Nice! Can you show me a pic of these fenders ?

Comment

Why not put a quick release on the bumper rather than use zip-ties on it its less stressful. Or you can do a quick release and then use a black zip-tie and cut it at the very end so that noone will notice it.

I would try to put the turning signal laps back int he bumper for safety reasons so that folks will see where you are turning so that they don't mess up the ride. Not everyone knows how to drive out there.

Comment

dyno-tuned? whats the numbers on that? as far as the turbo whats the specs as far as trim and a/r?

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
          dyno-tuned? whats the numbers on that? as far as the turbo whats the specs as far as trim and a/r?
          Its a 50 trim 53/76 compressor wheel

Comment

It's nice to see a turbo engine that actually has internal work done! So many people these days boost the stock block, then complain when it blows up on them. The stock pistons just won't hold boost for very long. That setup there should be good for around 400whp, I'd expect.

I'm assuming this isn't all your own work, given the fenders, ambiguous "shocks and springs", and the "F22A1?" comment. Not that there's anything wrong with buying a project, but I definitely suggest doing some reading to understand everything you have. Fix what the previous owner halfassed, and be sure to properly maintain what has been done correctly. This is the right place to learn all that stuff!
            The SE would have originally had the F22A6 engine and an automatic transmission. Leather interior also.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunchbox View Post
              Its a 50 trim 53/76 compressor wheel
              Very nice just make sure its well if you need some help getting the bumper on and trying to make it fit let me know id be glad to help. I honestly want to go back to a cb7 again.

Comment

Very nice just make sure its well if you need some help getting the bumper on and trying to make it fit let me know id be glad to help. I honestly want to go back to a cb7 again.
                Yeah i have no idea how the bumper is supposed to be mounted im probably going to have to get a new one also

Comment

I cant believe nobody said anything about my homemade coolant overflow ������

Comment

That 2 Liter is a nice touch!

Comment

yeah it is nice to see a turbo with a built rotating assembly instead of a stock block lol
                      have you taken it to the dragstrip? what kinda times does it make?

Comment

Originally posted by Lunchbox View Post
                        I cant believe nobody said anything about my homemade coolant overflow ������
                        I kept quiet about it hopefully it doesn't melt from the heat overtime. Might want to get something a little more thicker. Get the quick release for your bumper you drill into the fender and bumper and space it out and use the rubberband in between or a black ziptie it works well instead of buying clips from honda. Looks good too.

Comment

I kept quiet about it hopefully it doesn't melt from the heat overtime. Might want to get something a little more thicker. Get the quick release for your bumper you drill into the fender and bumper and space it out and use the rubberband in between or a black ziptie it works well instead of buying clips from honda. Looks good too.
                          Thats exactly what i am going to try to do and see if the bumper sits right beforw i go buy a whole bumper and bracket set up. Also the coolant thing is just temporary lol the bottle is pretty thick but i dont deive this car every day, ill be getting an overflow tank within a few days

Comment

Originally posted by dcelf View Post
                            yeah it is nice to see a turbo with a built rotating assembly instead of a stock block lol
                            Well right now its a base map runs good but i dont beat on it much, its hard to find someone reputable or even willing to tune with the setup i have its a 28 pin chip and the little four pin data logging thing, most places will only tine with hondata, which im gonna go to eventually but right now theres a very good guy in kentucky that will use his tuning ecu hook it up dyno tune the car then load the tune onto my chip

Comment

Originally posted by dcelf View Post
                              But on 10 lbs on this setup it can just blow the tires off in every gear if you let it eat. It lkke feels like it pulls just as hard in 1st as it does like 4th, it suprised the hell out of me.

Comment

Working...
                              X