Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 into 98 civic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 into 98 civic

hey everybody i have a 98 prelude non sh (manual) with an h22 in it, i also have a super clean 98 civic (was automatic) super clean shell.. the body of the prelude is not the greatest so i was wondering how much it would cost, and how much money it would cost to swap it

i know powersteering and AC are kind of a problem with this swap so im wondering is it possible to keep my AC? (down in AZ it gets damn hot)

also if u could post any $$ amounts of which this might cost me that would be awesome

A friend of mine had an H22 swapped into a 97 Civic (he wrecked it a few years ago). He has said several times that if he had to do it over, he wouldn't. It was his daily driver, so he had the Prelude AC pump in it, but there was no room for the power steering pump. Also, if you want to keep it OBDII, you will need a P13 from a 96 Prelude, since 97 and up have anti-theft which would make it near impossible to make it work. He had a OBDI to OBDII harness adapter so he could run an OBDI ECU. If I recall correctly he paid around $10K for the entire swap (the H swap in my CB7 was about $5500 by comparison). Then each time he broke something, which was pretty often, he would upgrade that system (brakes, suspension, axles, etc) so that is another cost to consider.
    Believe me, an H22 in a Civic is a lot of work. I wish you lots of luck if you decide to do it.
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Keep in mind you are asking about an OBD2 Prelude engine going into an OBD2 Civic on an OBD1 Accord forum... so it's not likely that you're going to get all the info you need here. Cost is largely associated with the parts you require, as well as the work you're able to do yourself.

There is a LOT of info regarding this swap on Honda-Tech. It requires weeding through lots of off-topic BS, but the info is there, and much of it is accurate. Depending on how old it is, some of the parts mentioned may no longer be available, though.

Comment

H22 Civic sounds like fun

I feel like someone has sorted the P/S & A/C situation. There's also the electric P/S pump from the MR2 a lot of people like. Good luck

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

As for a swapped civic it shouldn't be hard at all. You will have to get a couple of things though a fully swapped h22 you can use your original harness providing if it was obd1. As for the 98 not sure more than likely obd2 for you then b series axles and if you dont want to use the h22 transmission you can obt for a bseries h2b swap like me.

Remember if your doing a h22 full swap your going to need integra axles and I believe you have to cut into the chassis and drill for the shift linkage to come through. Not my forte/cup of tea.

Comment

Working...
          X