Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I am thinking about buying this....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am thinking about buying this....

I had a 93 Civic and now own a 93 Accord, but I am thinking about buying this 93 Legend. The car is far from perfect at 233k but would be a good car for what I am looking for in a daily driver. I haven't been on this forum for that long and was wondering if anyone else has one of these stock or modded. Sorry for the bad picture.

While I don't own one. They are good cars. I do keep my eye out for a good buy on one around where I live. The only thing to really look for in the Legends is a bad head gasket. They have an issue where they clog up the EGR pipe and then it burns out the head gasket in a particular spot. You might also want to look for a Type II a bit more hp/tq out of the motor.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

If you think there is no aftermarket support for the CB7, then you are going to be surprised with the Legend. I think they have only two full coilover options. There is barely anything you can do to the motor (intake and exhaust is about it). A few have turbo'd theirs, but it is extremely expensive and difficult to do.

However, for their size, they handle amazingly. The motor is laid out like a traditional RWD car, (most FWD v6's are sideways) and this affects the handling in a positive way. The car is very well balanced.

But yes, watch out for the leaky head gasket. They aren't that hard to fix, but it can be a PITA. It get's pricey if you have to pay someone to fix it and unless they know the car very well, they can take a couple months.

My best friend has owned 3 of them over the years.
      91L auto
      95 6 speed
      95 auto

However, I would recommend buying a Legend. They do surprisingly well with higher mileages (as long as you take care of them) Check out Drive to Five

That blog covers the ownership of a legend by a guy named Tyson. He drove one over 500,000 miles. His car still had the original clutch from the factory.

Anyways. Good luck.

Comment

I guess I should explained a little more, this is my sister's car and she has owned it since 98 or 99. She had the timing belt and water pump replaced, new tires and alignment done in the last few months. A couple of the windows dont work but I can fix those(I fixed 2 on my accord) but it seems to be about all I can find wrong on the body aside from a few dents and paint peeling. She was considering selling it to me because it has been sitting in a parking lot with a no start condition for a month and she doesnt want to dump much more money in it because she bought a new Accord a few months ago. I towed it to my house and started checking it over and have figured the problem out and it runs now so I am considering it as my next daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by talonted1990 View Post
          I guess I should explained a little more, this is my sister's car and she has owned it since 98 or 99. She had the timing belt and water pump replaced, new tires and alignment done in the last few months. A couple of the windows dont work but I can fix those(I fixed 2 on my accord) but it seems to be about all I can find wrong on the body aside from a few dents and paint peeling. She was considering selling it to me because it has been sitting in a parking lot with a no start condition for a month and she doesnt want to dump much more money in it because she bought a new Accord a few months ago. I towed it to my house and started checking it over and have figured the problem out and it runs now so I am considering it as my next daily driver.
          If that's the case, then go for it. Since it's from your sister, I am sure she is giving you a decent price for it.

It's a very dependable car and very fun to drive.

Comment

If Eric the car guy taught me anything, this car is something you want to own

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              If Eric the car guy taught me anything, this car is something you want to own
              I thought he had a Vigor?

Buy the damn car!!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Yea I mean considering you know the last 15+ years of history on the car and if it's in decent shape with no major problems, then why not. Hell it's already in your driveway and you fixed a problem that may have cost her $1k to have a mechanic fix, so factor that in..

But do google the headgasket issue, it has to do with the fact that the EGR passages clog up and then since the OBD1 ECM has no feedback from the EGR to check if the system is working, it goes along doing it's normal thing advancing timing as if exhaust gas is being injected into the cylinders BUT it's not, which causes cylinder temps to rise and blow out the headgasket. There are fixes for that as well.
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Had a 95 type 2 coupe myself it would spin second gear plenty of topend power but I do like the low end of the type ones better it's a big car to get moving matched to an auto. Their are less than a handful of aftermarket cams available and of course I/h/e bolt ons are out on the market. However you can use the rl 3.5 swap in the legends for a bit more power. The legend is also common for coil packs and transmission mounts going bad on the autos, all in all the legend is one of my top 15 favorite platforms of all time I myself will find another coupe one day to not total to restomod and drive as a weekend car I love them.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                  Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                    Yea I mean considering you know the last 15+ years of history on the car and if it's in decent shape with no major problems, then why not. Hell it's already in your driveway and you fixed a problem that may have cost her $1k to have a mechanic fix, so factor that in..

But do google the headgasket issue, it has to do with the fact that the EGR passages clog up and then since the OBD1 ECM has no feedback from the EGR to check if the system is working, it goes along doing it's normal thing advancing timing as if exhaust gas is being injected into the cylinders BUT it's not, which causes cylinder temps to rise and blow out the headgasket. There are fixes for that as well.
                    I found out that it needs a starter and an alternator and I am not sure if she will want to replace them. I will contact her today and see what she says but I don't think she will want to fix it.

I don't think I would want to mod it much, she has a set of 18" wheels for it but I think 2 of them are bent. I think it would look good with the factory wheels polished up, the windows retinted and the paint touched up. The radio needs updating, it still has the factory head unit and cd changer and neither work well but we will see what happens.

Comment

Good looking car. All things considered, I'd say buy it. As a daily driver, the comfort and "vintage" luxury will keep you smiling. I have a Vigor, which is as close to a Legend as any car will ever be, and it's a great car and very fun to drive. Not the kind of fun you'd have in a sporty car, but a different kind of fun. You'll understand when you start driving the legend.
                      And to answer someone else's comment, Eric the car guy owns two Vigors, not a legend.
                      CC2 Vigor.

Comment

My sister has been back and forth about fixing the car or selling it to me so I just bought another car. I picked up this gem for daily driving while I fix my Accord. It's a 1996 960 with 164K and I got it for less than I paid for my Accord. It's a little dirty but I can take care of that shortly.

Comment

Beautiful! I had a 92 940 a few years ago. I wish I could've found a 960! That has the Porsche-designed I6 in it, right?

I think older Volvos share certain appealing characteristics with CB7s. Most are exceptionally well-made, luxurious to a point, reliable, comfortable, and generally ignored by performance enthusiasts. Like Accords, they also have a great deal of potential in the right hands! The only downside is that old Volvos have a significantly smaller aftermarket than CB7s (which already have a fairly small aftermarket!)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            Beautiful! I had a 92 940 a few years ago. I wish I could've found a 960! That has the Porsche-designed I6 in it, right?

I think older Volvos share certain appealing characteristics with CB7s. Most are exceptionally well-made, luxurious to a point, reliable, comfortable, and generally ignored by performance enthusiasts. Like Accords, they also have a great deal of potential in the right hands! The only downside is that old Volvos have a significantly smaller aftermarket than CB7s (which already have a fairly small aftermarket!)
                            It does have an I6 in it, but I am not sure who designed it(I am not up to date on my Volvo knowledge even though my brother and sister both own FWD Volvos and I have worked on both of them). Here is a picture after a quick wash.

Comment

Porsche had a hand in the development of Volvo's I6. It's a shame it was only ever paired with an automatic transmission! Volvo could've developed some seriously wicked cars based around that engine.

Man, that thing looks so clean. They're getting rare on the roads up here in NJ, and any I do see are usually banged up and/or rusted all to hell. I'm jealous!

Comment

Working...
                              X