Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Xbox or playstation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox or playstation?

Im thinking of getting a ps3 or xboxone or360 within the next couple of checks. And I had 2of3 systems but not the xboxone. And is it true that more and more ps and xboxlive accts have been getting hacked more often?

Have both systems i like the Xbox 360 better but online play is free on PlayStation 3. I believe the PlayStation Network is the one that has gotten hacked...

Comment

I have 2 xbox360s that are both dead due to overheating, and a PS4 that I use for nothing but Netflix because I don't like any of the games available for it right now. Neither brand is really in my favor right now!

I need to hook up my old PS2. Simple, reliable, compact, backward compatible... yeah, those were the days.

Comment

I wouldn't purchase either 360 or PS3 at this point. They're right on the edge of becoming obsolete in terms of new games coming out.

I just bought an Xbox One, simply because GTA V wouldn't play on my older 360. I wanted to switch to PS4 this go-round simply because I had a 360 previously and the only Playstation I had was a PS1, but the Forza series changed my mind.

Walmart may still be running the deal that I got. Xbox One w/o Kinect, two controllers and Halo: The Master Chief collection for $349.99. It was the best deal available at the time.

Comment

Remember the days when new games stopped coming out for the old systems when the new systems came out?

The fact that new PS3 and Xbox360 games are still being released is an insult to the people that bought the new systems. By the time they stop making PS3 and 360 games, the PS4 and Xbox One are going to be halfway through their life cycles.

Comment

I have always been a fan of continuing the release of games for older systems.

PS4 and XBOX ONE just came out, so it's nice to still have games for PS3 which I still own.

I was going to sell mine and pick up a PS4 but its now a requirement to pay for the internet and that is a killer for me.

With my PS3, I can play online for free. Ive had lots of fun playing GT and GTA4/5 online as well as RDR.

It was a major perk for me, over paying for XBOX live.

Now that they both require memberships, Im not as motivated to upgrade.

I have my bluray player, my Netflix, and my games, so im good.

Comment

I have the PS3 and ps4 systems. I owned Xbox 360 and I used to run threw them like cake. I went threw 4xbox in 3 months 3 technically. The last one red ringed right out the box straight from Microsoft. Yeah awesome sauce right. Anyway I got a PS3, always had ps 1 and 2. Loved them. Anyway I still have a PS3 still runs and works flawlessly after what 6 years. Not a issue. I now have a ps4. Considering technology at this point ps4 craps on PS3 and Xbox. The new xbox fails in comparison to ps4. It's got more great reviews and better built quality.

my new turbo build

Comment

I'm a PS player.

Both PS3 and 4. But I've had them all.
                Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

I've got a One, and both of my 360's still work, the first one I bought being 8 years old now. It's a little loud, and freezes occasionally, but no other problems as of yet.

As for the One, the only complaint I have is that the menu load times are sometimes rather long. Other than that, it's awesome. Now I'm just waiting on a Fallout 4 release date....

My PS2 is great, but the PS3 just didn't impress me. I had it for maybe 6 months, than sold it in favour of keeping my 360. The PS4 seems great though. Right now, you can't really go wrong with either of the new systems.
                  Originally posted by deevergote.
                  And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

The fact that GT6 was released for the PS3 THREE WEEKS AFTER THE PS4 WAS RELEASED pissed me the hell off! They're not making GT6 for the PS4, and the system is not backward compatible.

Supposedly GT7 is on the way, slated for a "2015 or 2016 release date"... so given the track record of Polyphony Digital in their previous Gran Turismo releases, that could mean 2018!

I don't hate the idea of supporting old systems, but exclusive content for the old systems after the release of the new systems sucks big donkey balls. Especially since many of these newer systems fail just as the next generation is released (unlike my original Nintendo, which still works as well as it did in 1987!)

Oddly enough, I use my phone for most of my gaming lately. GT Racing 2 is pretty badass for racing. Final Fantasy VI is always great (it's long been one of my favorite games). Gemini Strike keeps me happy when I want to blow stuff up. Tower Madness and Plants Vs. Zombies keep me happy when I want puzzle/strategy stuff. And the Simpsons Tapped Out game is annoyingly addictive for no good reason.

Comment

I haven't played GT6 yet, but GT5 was VERY disappointing after the 4th one was so amazing. It just felt like a massive downgrade with slightly better graphics.

And I agree, that GT7 release date is just a bit skeptical. It took them years of pushing back release dates on GT5, and when it came out, it just didn't live up to the hype.

My gf brought over her Super Nintendo with close to 50 games, and that's all we've been playing lately. Who needs a shiny brand new $400 system when I have a 20 year old SNES?
                      Originally posted by deevergote.
                      And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

NES, SNES, and PS1 are probably the best systems of all time for me. Granted, I played those systems when I was between the ages of 8 and 20... so I was in my peak gaming years!

GT4 is the last GT game I owned. It was indeed fantastic. I really should hook my PS2 up again so I can play it! The opening is hands down the best opening to any game ever... at least in the US (and anywhere else that got the Van Halen opening!)
                        I'm actually glad to hear 5 was disappointing... since I actually considered buying a PS3 for that game alone!
                        I got my PS4 in trade for my 86 Accord hatchback (I hope it's still on the road!), and got some games with it... but nothing that I love. That reminds me... gotta throw some of those games on eBay!

Comment

GT5 was GT4 with some new cars... and those new cars, along with a few of the tracks, were the only things to get the PS3 graphics update. Everything else was just brought straight over from the PS2 and smoothed out a bit so it didn't look too old. Still, I enjoyed the game. 6, I feel, was much better. Still the same formula, but a ton more cars and tracks, and more things were brought up to PS3 spec (interior views in the "Premium" cars look great). Personally though, I'd rather still have the PS2-spec cars than have nothing at all in their place. 6 has more Premium cars than a lot of other games do anyway, and at least you can still change the paint and wheels on the 'standard' ones. 5 or 6, the handling physics are miles better than in 4.

I've yet to upgrade to a new console. Of these two families of systems, I have the PS1/2/3 and original Xbox. There's just nothing in the current lineup that interests me - at least not until the next Metal Gear Solid or Gran Turismo come out. Now hearing that PS4 isn't backwards compatible turns me off even more for getting one anytime soon (I'm running through the first Syphon Filter for PS1 right now...). Forza Horizon is the only game that comes to mind that makes me think about getting a 360, but I have Forza 1 and don't like the way the cars handle.

PlayStation for life, baby!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I don't believe the Xbox One is backwards compatible either. The 360 wasn't perfectly so, but most Xbox games could be played on it without too many issues.

I hate the lack of backwards compatibility, though I get it. If I could play a $10 copy of Final Fantasy X on my PS4, I wouldn't need to pay $50 for the re-release of it (at least it's both FFX and FFX-2)
                            That, and the fact that Playstation (and probably Xbox) are offering downloadable games. Full games. Old games for previous systems that you can just download and store on the hard drive.

Comment

Working...
                            X