Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Down shifting 4th to 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down shifting 4th to 3rd

Ok guys so if you were to be driving on 4th and then let's say someone pulled up to you because they want to race you and you decide to take them on. Is it ok if you down shift back into 3rd and then back to 4th then 5th. Sorry if it doesn't make sense I'm not sure how to word this. And also in an automatic if the car is in 4th what would happen if you put it on d3

I'm assuming you have an automatic car? D3 is going to keep the car in the lower gears, i.e. it won't go above 3rd gear. It's been a while since I've owned an automatic, but I imagine you're going to be redlining around 75mph. You might as well just stay in D4 if you're on the highway. I wouldn't recommend racing like that however, you may drastically shorten the life of your transmission.
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Don't race with the car just take it easy and drive slow.

Comment

Lol yeah I wouldn't race in my car I'm stock af. But yeah I was just wondering and I was asking for both auto and manual

Comment

I guy in a Firebird (I think) was racing a CRX at around 4? this morning ..
          and the cat in the Firebird lost control and hit a wall .. died on the scene ...
          The dude in the CRX didn't stick around .. they'll find him .. they always do.

Think .. please!

EDIT: I just found this, I haven't seen anything on TV or the net as I just got home, but I just found this ..
          It appears the CRX guy fled on-foot, as I can see it in the video .. oyeah, he's dead meat lol!
          http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/27342...st-vegas-wreck
          Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 11-10-2014, 06:49 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
            I guy in a Firebird (I think) was racing a CRX at around 4? this morning ..
            and the cat in the Firebird lost control and hit a wall .. died on the scene ...
            The dude in the CRX didn't stick around .. they'll find him .. they always do.

Think .. please!

EDIT: I just found this, I haven't seen anything on TV or the net as I just got home, but I just found this ..
            It appears the CRX guy fled on-foot, as I can see it in the video .. oyeah, he's dead meat lol!
            http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/27342...st-vegas-wreck
            Damn his ass is grass. Man them kids were really hound and their cars weren't even fast either. The roads too look a little dusty since they were at the desert. I'm so glad I don't street race like that anymore.

Comment

Man, it's so easy to die.

Anyway, for manual, it's fine to down shift from any gear as long as you don't overrev the engine.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
              X