Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I accidently an accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I accidently an accord

Hey guys, loooong time lurker here. I was browsing cl one day and kinda stumbled upon this accord, 1990 auto with a blown trans. Got bored one day and picked it up for a couple hundred aaaaaaaand now I have a cb7 lol. It doesnt drive, and barely starts but the plan was to swap it so Im gonna toss the motor and trans anyways.

I work at a salvage truck yard but for whatever reason we have a h22a4 out of a prelude laying around so I'm probably gonna throw that in with a h23 trans and go from there.

Here's a few pics...don't have many. I didn't really even mean to buy this thing so I kinda threw it in my yard and forgot about it

my bro checking it out

thew it under a tree.. where it will sit for a WHILE until I start working on it

Also that's my daily...06 silverado with a mild drop

great deal on a pretty fresh starting point. glad you finally came out of the shadows! you know the drill when you have questions, looking forward to your progression on this!

Comment

Not bad just when your ready get a h22 transmission of if you can get the h22 5speed trans from a trusted JDM shop since it has slightly shorter gearing which it benefits from the most congrats just take care of it now.

Comment

The whole thing?

Looks to be in really good shape! Even the engine bay isn't hideous. The car has also been repainted, as no 1990 models came with painted moldings.
        If your H22A4 came from a Prelude SH, you'll have to do some mods to make it work. It's designed for use with an ATTS transmission, which won't fit in our cars... and you'll need to modify the intermediate shaft bracket.
        Are you just going to keep it auto? If you're converting to manual, there are a few DIYs on here showing you how to do it. It's mostly straightforward, but you have to either change the transmission mount bracket, or buy a conversion mount.

Welcome!

Also, sparkle... USDM H22A transmissions have shorter gearing than JDM H22A transmissions. Not that it matters.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          The whole thing?

Looks to be in really good shape! Even the engine bay isn't hideous. The car has also been repainted, as no 1990 models came with painted moldings.
          If your H22A4 came from a Prelude SH, you'll have to do some mods to make it work. It's designed for use with an ATTS transmission, which won't fit in our cars... and you'll need to modify the intermediate shaft bracket.
          Are you just going to keep it auto? If you're converting to manual, there are a few DIYs on here showing you how to do it. It's mostly straightforward, but you have to either change the transmission mount bracket, or buy a conversion mount.

Welcome!

Also, sparkle... USDM H22A transmissions have shorter gearing than JDM H22A transmissions. Not that it matters.
          That can't be right. When I had both the base model and the type s I was always in front of other base h22s stock for stock

Comment

All except the fifthgear huh

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
              That can't be right. When I had both the base model and the type s I was always in front of other base h22s stock for stock
              That's because you drive like a nut!

4th and 5th are shorter on the USDM transmissions. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and reverse are the same.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys! Deever yeah it was painted 2 years ago apparently. I plan on converting to manual... I like how the h23 trans is geared so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with that. The prelude we had was not a type sh, I know those are a nightmare to deal with. I've been reading nonstop on the swap and conversion threads but I'll probably still have some questions when it's time to change everything out as I'm going to swap the motor and trans at the same time so I imagine it being a huge clusterfck

Comment

It's fairly straightforward, really. But as long as you've read up on it and have some idea what you're doing, everyone here will be more than happy to help you if you get stuck on something.
                  That's how we work around here. We're happy to help those that are willing to help themselves. We're not too keen on helping lazy people, though! From the sound of it, you should get along well here

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    It's fairly straightforward, really. But as long as you've read up on it and have some idea what you're doing, everyone here will be more than happy to help you if you get stuck on something.
                    That's how we work around here. We're happy to help those that are willing to help themselves. We're not too keen on helping lazy people, though! From the sound of it, you should get along well here
                    Lol

Comment

Comment

Pretty sharp looking sedan. And one slick truck too. Glad to have you aboard!
                        Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-05-2014, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Im excited to see how this thing turns out!

Comment

Put something over the car if its under a tree, and not a blue tarp. As a professional Detailer I know what trees can do to a cars paint. Looks like a good find!!!
                            For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 802cb7 View Post
                              Put something over the car if its under a tree, and not a blue tarp. As a professional Detailer I know what trees can do to a cars paint. Looks like a good find!!!
                              yes man!! i agree with 802cb7, trees are NOT car friendly!!! he's a detailer and i'm into the same thing and it can get ruined!!

Comment

Working...
                              X