Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Listen to my exhaust, what mods make it sound not too ricey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listen to my exhaust, what mods make it sound not too ricey?

I have a test pipe in it, is that the reason why it makes that ricey sound there? Would a resonated test pipe improve that? Or, should I add headers and 2.5 inch piping?

Comments would be very appreciated!

Replace the test pipe with an actual resonator and it will cut down on the rice factor quite a bit.

Adding a header and increasing the diameter of the pipe will only make the rice louder.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

cat

put the cat back on, the honda cats flow extremely well

Comment

^this.

Catalytic converter, the largest resonators you can fit, and a quality muffler.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          ^this.

Catalytic converter, the largest resonators you can fit, and a quality muffler.
          I just installed a flowmaster muffler actually, in the inside it does not sound ricey at all, it has a Deep tone inside and outside (you can feel the "hum" from 20-30 meters away). Do you suggest a high flow catalytic converter? Or just a normal metalic catalytic converter?

Can you send me a link of a specific part please? Thank you.
          Last edited by Alexjrz; 05-09-2014, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostaccord View Post
            replace The Test Pipe With An Actual Resonator And It Will Cut Down On The Rice Factor Quite A Bit.

Adding A Header And Increasing The Diameter Of The Pipe Will Only Make The Rice Louder.
            Thanks!

Comment

I run a Magnaflow OE replacement. Car sounds great and it doesn't feel bogged at 8k+ either.
              '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Personally, FlowMaster's sound bleh on 4-cylinders. I'd stick with Magnaflow, Tanabe, Greddy, Apexi, or Vibrant.

Comment

I'd add RS*R to that list as well

No high flow cat. And no, i'm not going to waste my time googling for a stock replacemrnt cat fkr you. I'm sure you're capable of doing that.

Comment

I tried buying an RS*R before I bought my Apexi, but couldn't find one.
                    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

I believe they still make the ExMag for our cars. One version of it was discontinued, I believe (black, maybe?) but I think it's still available. For some reason, I'm really drawn to the brand.

I have an OEM replacement cat, 2.5" crush-bent piping, 2 resonators (18" and 20" maybe? Not positive... I just said "stuff whatever you can fit under there" and left it at that!), and a generic dual tip muffler. It's a little loud, but not raspy and has a nice tone. Muffler shop special. No brand names. I'm sure results vary with that, though. Someone else might not have the same luck.
                      My friend got a similar setup from the same shop, and it already rotted out on him. He now has an Apexi World Sport 2.

Comment

No more RSR EX Mags are being produced for CB7s. I bought mine for 360 shipped new back in Jan 2010 from a shop in LA that was closing out inventory. Later sold it in June 2012 for 1200 used to a member on here. He just had to have it, so I couldn't turn that down.

Replaced it with a Apexi WS2 and the sound I believe is better, produces a lower tone, but the fitment and the way it hangs is not as good, it sits too low and I scrape my B-pipe everywhere. The RSR tucked up against the chassis way better and never scraped even with me being lowered about 3".

So I'd get the RSR for that aspect alone over the WS2.

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

As for me

I wouldn't change anything besides the Muffler an the pipe that connects the pipe to it. I have a JASMA 051 on mines an it sounds great. depends on what sound you are looking for on a cb7 though. i know if i do a bigger pipping size, it'll sound more rally. Change it back to stock.

Comment

Working...
                          X