Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Hello all. The name is Rezz. Proud CB9 owner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all. The name is Rezz. Proud CB9 owner.

After looking for one for six years, I finally found one I liked back in November of 2013. Most of the ones I had seen were owned by teenagers who, quite frankly, did not respect the car they drove or were upwards of three thousand dollars or more with 200,000 miles or more. I found mine with 150,000 for $550 but it was far from perfect. Once I meet the post requirements I will start a build thread. I have visited this site for years but only just joined today. It seems to be a lot more active, as well as specific, for what I am looking for.

Welcome to the forum dude, you can (and should) post some pics of your new car here in this thread before you get to your 30 posts; you spend 6 years looking for a cb9?! well looks like its worth it $550 for such low mileage is always a plus.
    What are your plans for the car mods wise?

Comment

Welcome to the club sir! Can't wait to see the pics of your cb9!

Comment

Congrats on such a steal I also just found myself a CB9 with the exact same mileage for quite a bit more then 550 bucks and mine is also far from perfect. Please post pics and start a thread build for us to see as I am one that will subscribe too that thread asap. Good luck and look for me on here too I am gonna try and stay on here as I also owned a 92 LX Accord and this siite was so useful too me.
        " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

Sorry, most forums automatically set you up with subscribing to a thread you start. This site however... Doesn't. As I found out by wondering if you all just did not like me. ;P

Anyways... Here is what WAS wrong with it. TCU needed rebuilt, automatic transmission needed replaced (reverse gear was entirely shot), shift linkage needed adjusted, EVERY seal and gasket and hose on the car leaked, broken coil spring, electrical shorts throughout the car and a few more things... HOWEVER! The interior was immaculate, the motor sounded beautiful aside from needing some work done to it like the distributor, fitv and iac, and the body of the car was in great shape aside from one dent in the hood and some rust only starting in the rear quarters.

And lastly, here are my plans... FULL glass roof. Widebody rear (considering). 4WS (looking into prelude setup fitted on the car). Retrofit projectors into stock housings (no more fogging housings). Custom built interior with sound system (front seats will be hand fabricated by myself for another lever to be added so that half of the back section can fold down). It sounds a bit odd but if you think about what I'm about to explain, it might make more sense. Imaging being able to fold down the back seats and half of the driver and passenger front seats so that someone 6'0 or taller could easily lay down in the back of the car (I can just barely as it is and I'm 6'3"). Then imagine being able to watch fireworks, a thunderstorm, or just the rain while in the back. To me... That sounds awesome. I've always loved going out into a car with a moonroof during a storm and reclining the seat, but it's never been enough.

I've already done a ton of work to it, but we will get into that later. I promise! I'm not the guy that says, oh I'll post pics and then disappears for a year. You have my word.

Comment

Roof idea sounds amazing and I would love to see it when done I can imagine what you are going for and it sounds like a great idea. My 92 LX also had broken coil spring and I think it may be common on these at this age now
            " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

If anyone has Google Sketchup, it's an amazing free drafting program, here is a screenshot of the basic design. it's a section cut and it's color coded. Criticism?

Comment

By the way... I am getting NO emails about forum replies... Any idea why? I've subscribed to every thread I commented in or started and my general settings are set to allow it.

Comment

A work-around for now would be to just hit your "control-panel" (User CP) top-left.
                  It'll show you your recent un-read threads/posts .. hope it helps ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Working...
                  X