Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New member, first Honda, 192 4-door EX (Canadaian)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member, first Honda, 192 4-door EX (Canadaian)

Hey there, just bought my first Accord, my first Honda in fact unless you count the Rover 200 I owned when I lived in the UK years ago.

My daily driver was an '89 4runner, it was awful on gas, slow and heavy, but a blast to drive, especially in the snow, about 1 month ago I blew the head gasket, the truck has 360,000 kms on it and was due for a rebuild anyway.

Whilst I spend 2 years rebuilding the truck my wife and I need a new daily driver. I confess I wanted another Toyota, but my wife found this Accord about an hour from where we live with under 124,000kms on it, original owner!

I borrowed a car and went to take a look, when I get there they have an Oddysey and a CRV which I took as a good sign. The car was just incredible, minor rust on the rear quarter panels and a tiny ding to the passenger front fender, but otherwise cosmetically perfect, started and ran smoothly, the interior (blue cloth) is mint, the woman (70s) who has owned it for the last 22 years told me no-one has ever ridden in the rear seat.

I offered $1300 for the car (they were asking $1550) and they said yes!

The driver side upper ball joint needed replacing, so I just did both upper control arms - easy. Car past safety and emissions on Friday with no issues.

It probably needs trailing arm bushings, the last section of pipe before the muffler has a lot of rust, though no perforations, and there is a lot of pulsation under hard braking (I'm guessing worn rotors as there was no ABS on this year an model in Canada to the best of my knowledge). There is some minor seepage from around the valve cover, just needs a new gasket.

The timing belt was replaced 4000kms ago, so I don't need to worry about that for a while, there is a noise that seems to come from around the timing cover between 1700 and 2000 rpm, it's not loud, you have to listen for it, just doesn't sound quite right, valves maybe?

It throws a false brake lamp warning now and again, probably just needs the ground wire fix I've read about.

My wife, son and I drove a 470km round trip to a ski hill yesterday, the car was a dream to drive, just cruises along, and after filling up before we left the gas needle was exactly at half full when we got home! My truck would have used a full tank over that distance.

I don't plan on any crazy modifications, probably just some nice rims, probably 17" gold Enkei to set off the deep blue paint, maybe throw a little spoiler on the trunk lid. Can someone tell me what offset rim and tire size I need to maintain clearance and correct odometer function?

Here's a pic of the car, we have so much snow here just now it's not even funny.

nice is it a 5 speed

Comment

Nice find! Welcome to the club and hopefully you enjoy your CB!!!

Comment

Working...
      X