Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

hondas interference engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hondas interference engine

I think honda hates us or they would design thier engines so that they dont self destruct when the timing belt breaks

the $9 rubber band broke, looks like its time for a new car the old one is going to the crusher

water pump as part of the timing belt system on an INTERFERENCE ENGINE?

blown head gaskets, thrown rods, crappy electrical system, weak 5 speed transmissions distributor? obsolete inaccurate distributor?

yea.

That really sucks. Did you have the motor pulled apart to check if its not worth fixing?

I snapped a t-belt at 70mph on the freeway while accelerating. No damage to the valves. All I did was put on a new t-belt and start it up. No problems.

Comment

do like my dad did back in 1971

he had a 1955 Chevy 2 door post that threw a rod, he was gonna junk it until an opportunity presented itself.

he found a 1969 pickup w/ straight 6 wrecked but running

started on a friday finished on sunday, drove to work on monday

i say swap a good engine in, at least you know what has been done to the car
      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

you misunderstand, I am capable of learning from the mistakes made by others, I would not own a honda.

just pointing out the very obvious flaws like the twig size rods and tiny rod bolts, the cardboard head gasket, the always failed coil and igniter in the distributor, the weak pistons, the v-tek oil leak that is responsible for low oil pressure and spun rod bearings

honda makes ANY other car maker look better

Comment

how long have you been in the game

Comment

Not very long since he spelled vtec wrong.

Probly a VW guy trolling

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

It always makes me laugh when someone complains about the "design flaw" that caused their 22 year old engine to fail.
              "$9 rubber band" suggests to me that you aren't one to use quality parts. Of course cheap parts are going to fail. And yes, Honda cut corners in some things, sure... but maintained correctly and not abused, these engines last a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by motorhead View Post
                I think honda hates us or they would design thier engines so that they dont self destruct when the timing belt breaks

the $9 rubber band broke, looks like its time for a new car the old one is going to the crusher

blown head gaskets, thrown rods, crappy electrical system, weak 5 speed transmissions distributor? obsolete inaccurate distributor?

yea.
                so oh mighty informed which of the great automotive manufactures should all us foolish honda owners be flocking too.
                wait didnt honda give a doctor a new acura because he ran his acura for a million miles, flipping the odometer all the way around just by doing the scheduled maintenece.
                CB7TUNER.com
                Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Don't be so quick to insult someone without verifying that your own statements are true. "Million Mile Joe" is a consultant for car warranty companies, traveling all over Maine. Not a doctor. Honda gave him a new Accord to celebrate his achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by motorhead View Post

yea.
                    You mean the reliable, works every time, old school proven method of delivering ignition isn't good enough for you?

Motorhead? RRRrrrriiiiiggggghhhhht.

And you think its a HONDA thing that the engine self destructed because you failed to keep up on the scheduled, regular maintenance.

Im just going to go out on a limb and say for a motor head, you don't know much buddy.

Never worked on a Eclipse? Talon? Laser? Evo? SRT-4? No, how about a Neon? Cavalier? Sunfire? Civic? What kind of motors do you work on? Probably not imports.

There are more imported engines with timing belt driven water pumps than not. Most I4 ohc engines are interference engines.

Yeah, thats right. Cavaliers have the same "design flaw" as evo's, Eclipses, integras, accords, civics, neons, avengers etc etc etc

You obviously, know nothing about motors.

Honda actually has a better track record of tolerances, longevity and quality than any other manufacturer. That POS engine, that 22 year old pile of shit, has an aluminum block and a forged crank and it may have functioning dual intake runners, a windage tray, oil cooler and a 4:1 header(stock).

So yeah Mr motorhead knows nothing.

Maybe next time you'll consider replacing your belts on time, since your $36.00 OEM belt, the one you didn't replace and were going to chince out on and spend $9(would've caused the same problem anyways, cheap ass) now has cost you a complete car. Even if you had to do the pump at the same time($54.61) and felt like doing it the right way and bought the tensioner as well($61.37) you wouldn't have been out $200 total for OEM parts, pizza and a 6 pack.

Bet that feels great. Way smarter to just junk the car and send it to the crusher instead.

Fuck that car.

Fuck Honda. Bitches. They don't know shit.

Have a nice weekend buddy
                    Originally posted by wed3k
                    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Blown headgaskets are common, I agree with that.

Thrown rods? Haven't seen too many of them. Are you trying to rev your f23 sohc vtec to 10k?

Crappy electrical? Haven't seen a straight electrical "failure." Things tend to wear out over 20+ years of use as said above.

I don't know what a " 5 speed transmissions distributor" is, so no comment there.

What makes the distributor "Obsolete" and "inaccurate"?

I under you're upset, but it sounds like you were reading about everyone's problems and not their successes.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

On one hand, I feel really sorry for his CB. Neglect is a terrible death for a car. Even so, a couple bent valves is a really sad reason to trash a car.

On the other hand, I'm hoping he doesn't get another one of those crappy, unreliable Hondas with their shitty interference engines and 5-speed distributors; otherwise, we might have to put up with more of this crap.

Comment

I've never had a head gasket issue, nor have any of my friends. All of our cars have well over 100,000 miles, many are over 200,000.

My own H22A has at least 150,000 miles on it (assuming the lowest possible mileage advertised for a JDM engine.) I've neglected it to the point where the timing belt and water pump are most likely original, unless the original owner changed them sometime before 2003.
                          I made the mistake of modifying my shift lever in a way that I was unable to differentiate between 4th gear and 2nd gear when shifting out of 3rd at redline. I shifted to 2nd when I intended to shift to 4th, surely revving the engine near or over the 10,000 RPM mark. No damage was done. Timing belt held, and didn't skip. Valves didn't float. No contact was made. I'll admit, I was very lucky. I'll also admit that I'm stupid for not having changed vital components, and for redlining 3rd in a childish highway race with an SRT-4.
                          My own idiocy aside, the "poorly designed" engine held. Neglected and abused, yet it still held. Properly maintained and operated Honda engines are some of the finest machines on the road.

Comment

Thinking about it. My 89 lebaron had a non-interference 2.5l 4 banger that popped the timing belt. All I had to do was install a new $17.98 belt along with a new off brand water pump.

That was the only time I was lucky like that.

Comment

you do understand that these cars ARE NOT NEW! wtf the technology that was used when the car WAS new was top of the line.
                              COUPE K24

Comment

Working...
                              X