Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Reliability rating of your CB7 on a scale 1-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever owned a Ford? Ya, I give my cb7 a 10
    And I abuse mine too. I don't granny them. The fords I've owned I had to granny them and they still broke. Dam, if I gave the abuse I give to my cb7 to any fords or chevys I've owned ... lol .

Comment

I thought this was interesting, though not as useful as first hand experience from people here: MSN Auto reliability

Never have had a problem with mine but I got a grandma car with no rust and 70K miles on it and I drive ~6 miles a day so I can't really comment on reliability lol.

Comment

Easily a 9.

Can't give it a 10, because then that's like saying they never break down. They will, as will any car.

As far as reliable though, you can pretty much get into almost any one you find on the road, and drive it across country without having to worry.

Unless it has something major wrong, it will make it.

I had mine from 130k until around 187k.....only thing I had to replace was the thermostat, and starter.

It NEVER left me stranded.

Comment

9, my friends always complain how I have it easy with my car as there is never anything wrong with it.

Comment

hmmMMm id say mines a 9 .. it needs nothing.. its all complete and its all painted .... but i got some more mods i wanna do ....

Last edited by illwitit247; 09-16-2013, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
              9. 45,000 miles in 2 years and the only thing that didn't allow it to move was a bad igniter.

Also just hit 184,000 miles.
              ^
              This sums it up for me too.
              Ive changed practically everything in my cb little by little.
              So im not worried one bit about it acting up.
              Out of the other 4 cars ive owned, i give it a 10/10.

Comment

=Biggest issue I have is how boring it is, the cabin is too quiet, the handling is okay but not fun. Its too comfortable and modern feeling to be interesting.

I'm Not sure about this comment? A quiet cabin is desired by almost every driver out there. Personally, if I hear any rattle in my cabin (or under hood for that matter), I"m like a CSI agent with a spray bottle looking for blood to glow...lol.
                And then you say it's to comfortable and modern feeling? Are you being sarcastic here? I'm a bit confused with that. I love the comfortable and modern feeling my 22yr old car gives me and feel most would agree.

I give mine a 100/10....LOVE CB7's.....simply put....

I'm really contemplating selling my cb7 and getting an Integra instead.
                Probably a good idea for you.
                Last edited by smac; 09-17-2013, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mungulz View Post
                  I've only had mine for about 3k kilometres.

Interior quality is good (though I keep spilling coffees... No cupholders? Seriously)

Steering feels right.
                  Suspension is tight
                  Doors all great.

Windows suck, the rubber seals go bad and then things break, I've had cars the same age with fully functioning windows so I'll give it a 7-8/10 for the body just due to the windows.

Engine is great, F22A6 is boring but can be a bit of fun.
                  Gearbox sucks, almost dead at 256,000km, input shaft bearing. Will probably see 270-280 before dying completely. I'll learn how to change a gearbox soon no doubt.

Apart from the input shaft bearing its a good box though, synchros go alright.

Biggest issue I have is how boring it is, the cabin is too quiet, the handling is okay but not fun. Its too comfortable and modern feeling to be interesting.

I'm really contemplating selling my cb7 and getting an Integra instead.

So you want a car with a noisy cabin? Smaller, less comfort for rear passengers, and such all because your family sedan doesn't offer what a sports oriented vehicle would? Weird....

Comment

Current Mileage: 227,XXX

Mileage when purchased: ~213,XXX

Rating: 9

Havent had any real problems

Comment

I stated in this thread I would trust my CB7 to drive across the country, I just did that last week. No problems.

I deeply inspect and maintenance my cars before I put them into service though, both of my CB7s have as many wear items replaced by me as possible and I keep my fluids fresh.

How old is your brake fluid? How about your coolant? Does your car act funny or make strange noises? Maintenance it and it will hit 500k miles without even breathing hard with original internal motor parts. In my mind the car gets a 10 of 10, the failure is when the owner rates at 1 of 10 and just drives it into the dirt because in their mind it is a cheap car and not worth fixing right and too lazy to do simple work.

Comment

I should say a high 9/10

Live Life to the Fullest

Comment

For me, simply put, it'll be as reliable as you let it be...and even then it most likely won't let you down.

The Facebook group

Comment

I have a hard time splitting the issues ive had with the car over the time, between normal wear and tear, and modification related wear and tear.

Most of the down time the CB has had, has been my own doing, premature bush and ball joint wear for being lower and stiffer, brakes for going on track etc etc.

So based on that, id say if it were standard with the 115k on the car and motor currently i reckon id of not had to do as much repairs and down time on it.

Standard=9
                            Modified= 7

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                            UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                            NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Definitely a 9. Only small things not giving it a 10. Clamps fall of or a hose slips, easy stuff.
                              1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
                              For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

rust seems to be the only issue.. just popped a fuel line the other day.

otherwise, nothing ever seems to go wrong with these cars. i'd give them a solid 8.5/10 when compared with any car i can think of

Comment

Working...
                                X