Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is carsponsors.com legit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is carsponsors.com legit?

Just wanna know if this real or fake

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/carspo...t-myers-410328

Don't get your car sponsored unless it's from a big name everyone knows. Like how Falken seems to be popular out west.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Thanks for that link i knew it looked a little scamish.....

Comment

Wow, that stuff is still around? I thought those scam sites were a thing of the past!

If it's anything like the ones I've dealt with in the past, it's "legit" to a point. You CAN get sponsored, but it ends up costing you a good deal of money. You also have to buy a shitload of parts at "discount prices", and participate in a number of shows and events to qualify. The first things you get are stupid things like vinyl decals (that wasn't too cool back in 2003 when I signed up for a site like that... it's absolutely laughable now!) You can eventually work your way up to real stuff, like wheels and audio equipment... but in the end, it's not worth it.

If you want to be sponsored, just build your car your own way. Stick to the tasteful side of current trends. Get high quality photos taken of your car (paying a professional photographer would be wise.) Submit your photos to magazines, blogs, etc... the more exposure, the better. Enter your car in shows. Winning is a plus. Enter your car in race events if you're looking for performance sponsorships (again, winning is a plus!)
        Then you can start applying to quality companies for sponsorships directly. If a company sees that you have a car worth noticing, that you make an effort to get it noticed, and that you would bring them lots of positive attention, they will be happy to sponsor you. To them, it's very cheap advertising!

Comment

Also keep in mind that a '90-'93 Accord isn't going to get sponsored by a major company, most likely. Even the smaller national companies who would sponsor this car would almost always require thousands of dollars of your own money already in the car beforehand. Sponsoring is not a way to get your project funded. It's more of a way to keep things fresh when you're at or near the top.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Also true. Old cars only become attractive to sponsors when they're trendy. Say, if you had a 1984 Corolla in 2006, you'd have sponsors knocking down your door.
            90-93 Accords have NEVER been trendy!

Comment

unless you're always hitting the show circuit or race circuit (meaning being in it) there is no chance for a sponsership with a stock CB. sorry for being frank, just telling it how it is
              FRIENDS
              DONT LET
              FRIENDS
              ROLL ON
              ROTA'S

Comment

Do you understand how that website works?

Comment

What is this, 2001 at the height of FnF?

Comment

Working...
                  X