Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Le metal \m/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your into slipknot, you can't be into limp diznik... that's like you going for the lakers, and rooting for the celtics
    Last edited by ShiroiKinCB; 05-09-2013, 07:36 PM.

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      Pantera, Five Finger Death Punch, As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Godsmack, Slipknot, Mudvayne, Fear Factory, Anthrax ('John Bush era'), Megadeth, Metallica, older Atreyu/Avenged Sevenfold/Bullet For My Valentine/Bring Me The Horizon (all these bands somewhat annoy me with their later albums), some CKY, Disturbed, Drowning Pool's 'Sinner' album, Limp Bizkit (don't hate), Otep, Trivium. I've got a Suicide Silence album I get into every now and then, but that's about it for the really heavy stuff.
      You and I seem to have similar tastes in Music.
      I lean more to the punk side. (and I consider a lot of your list in that direction; As I lay Dying, All that remains, Avenged sevenfold (though, these guys are hit and miss with me.) Bullet for my valentine( <3 ) as you mentioned.)

But this list, by and large, represents all my metal listening. (And Pantera, and when I want grungy, raspy "give myself epic whiplash" metal, Pantera all the way)

I never grew out of Punk. *shrug* Especially since they are (mostly) still putting out new albums and touring. Fewer and fewer new bands seem to fall into this genre, though.

My biggest issue with metal is the amount of it that is (IMO) utter lyrical garbage. If your song doesn't make sense I can only love it so much, because no matter how insane the music- it is empty if you are screaming "*Big Truck!" repeatedly into a microphone- no matter how killer you are with the bass.

*Coal Chamber- "Big Truck". I shit you not, the whole song is basically those two words.
      Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Coal chamber is hard!

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

That's an interesting point LadyG....

Im of the belief, that lyrics are secondary. The music is what grips me, what holds me down, and shreds my face off.

Im all for good lyrics and I love a song that combines killer music with a well written song....

but I guess it goes back to classical roots, where there weren't always lyrics and the music was amazing.

I just don't need it.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
            I lean more to the punk side.
            Interesting. I was born in SoCal, so that combined with my older brother being a typical 'skater punk' throughout the '90s, I grew up on '90s punk... and gangster rap. I was quite literally singing along to 'Gangstas Paradise' and 'Gin and Juice' in first grade, haha! My iPod is pretty much a mix of varying degrees of hard rock/metal, punk (Less Than Jake is probably my favorite band of all time, if they're a bit on the pop side), and west coast rap. I agree with your stance on lyrical quality, I like being able to hear/understand the singer, and what they're saying does matter.

A guy at work recommended I check out a band called "In This Moment." Metal with a female singer... pretty good stuff, but then I do have a sort of weakness for the female voice.
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-08-2013, 06:28 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
              Those bands ares totallys brutals. Lol can't forget Dethklok, they're funny but good.
              lol, dethklok man i havnt had cable in a while forgot about them. theyre like the human abstract gone satanic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
                I lean more to the punk side. (and I consider a lot of your list in that direction; As I lay Dying, All that remains, Avenged sevenfold (though, these guys are hit and miss with me.) Bullet for my valentine( <3 ) as you mentioned.)

But this list, by and large, represents all my metal listening. (And Pantera, and when I want grungy, raspy "give myself epic whiplash" metal, Pantera all the way)

I never grew out of Punk. *shrug* Especially since they are (mostly) still putting out new albums and touring. Fewer and fewer new bands seem to fall into this genre, though.

My biggest issue with metal is the amount of it that is (IMO) utter lyrical garbage. If your song doesn't make sense I can only love it so much, because no matter how insane the music- it is empty if you are screaming "*Big Truck!" repeatedly into a microphone- no matter how killer you are with the bass.

*Coal Chamber- "Big Truck". I shit you not, the whole song is basically those two words.
                So much metal is truly garbage lyrically. Some bands are really cool.
                I can barely listen to certain Metallica albums (such as the black album) because the lyrics are so idiotic.
                I bought Slayer's Seasons in the Abyss, listened to it once, heard War Ensemble, and Tom Araya screaming "WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR" over and over again. I sold the album the next day. Ironically, I now like that song.
                I LOVE Death. Chuck Schuldiner was the man, and I was truly sad when he died. I even donated money to help him with medical expenses, hoping he might pull through. Death's lyrics, I think entirely written by Chuck, were always absurd. Totally terrible. I love them anyway.

Some bands have absolutely amazing lyrics, though. Anthrax has a number of songs with fantastic lyrics. Some even have a meaning beyond the obvious (N.F.L. was about John Belushi and his tragic waste of a death.)

Gore-oriented bands like Cannibal Corpse obviously have cheesy lyrics intentionally. I mean, you can only sing about dismembering someone so many different ways!

To take things in more of a punk direction, check out Wednesday 13 (Transylvania 90210 and Fang Bang especially... the magic isn't quite there beyond those two albums), and Murderdolls (Wednesday 13 is the vocalist. I just bought a copy of Beyond the Valley of the Murderdolls the other day, because it's the shit!)

Comment

Everybody is saying punk+metal. That equals deathcore, lets get some of those bands on here for the breakdown lovers.

Carnifex, whitechapel, rose funeral, all shall perish, oceano, the faceless, as blood runs black, beneath the massacre, job for a cowboy, the acacia strain, burning the masses

Comment

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qc98u-eGzlc bleed by meshuggah, super calf workout on drums.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xjKyzwqIT7s and this is fleshgod apocalypse. They're Italian classical death metal. Super brutal.

Comment

Deathcore? That's a new one to me... then again, people are all about creating little sub-genres these days.

I walked out on Job for a Cowboy. They were pathetic live.

There's also The Fetals. Unfortunately, the only thing I can find on Youtube is from Rock Band... but it's a decent version of the song. Sounds WAY better on the actual album, though.

I'm good friends with their former bassist. The whole band is awesome.

Comment

Anyone here like Crust?

Its like punk+metal.

Emphasis on bass.

It's fucking great.

I higly recommend Union of Uranus and His Hero Is Gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                          Anyone here like Crust?

Its like punk+metal.

Emphasis on bass.

It's fucking great.

I higly recommend Union of Uranus and His Hero Is Gone.
                          You're welcome

Comment

Stoner metal is also something I enjoy. Bands like Electric Wizard and Sleep.

Electric Wizard recorded their self titled album using instruments only from the 70's. it all kinda sounds like old Blacl Sabbath though. Lyrics make me laugh, talking about magic people in the forest. It makes me wonder how much acid these dudes do.

Comment

Working...
                            X