Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wheel selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel selections

Hey all, would appreciate if I could get some input on what style of wheels I should be putting on my accord, these are all 17" wheels that my local autoshop guy offered me.

I love the black with chrome lip look, however are these rims to busy for an accord?

Clean, but more chrome than I prefer

Nice and simple

you should put whatever wheels on your accord that you like, not what other people like.

but, out of those three, i'm liking the last set the best. also, imho, 17's are too big for our cars, i've always been a fan of smaller wheels...

Comment

yes I know its all up to me in the end, I just can't make up my mind

Comment

I would say the first or the last, I have 17" wheels on my car and with the right drop it looks ok, I mostly went with them because there were more options for tires. A thought on rims with a chrome lip is matinence (polishing). I see a lot of rims around that were never taken care of and the worst part of them is the chrome lip. The more spokes the harder they are to clean too.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199548

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143649

Comment

I don't think rim #1 is too busy, in fact I see that style mounted on Accords of all years fairly often. I've always liked that look since BBC rims or TSW's Hockenheimer in the 1990's. You could say it actually fits the period of our cars fairly well actually.

I'm not a big fan of 5 spoke wheels anymore, I have bought a 17" 5 spoke before many years ago for my Volvo 850 (TSW Trophy) and I think in Europe they are still popular, but in North America they seem really pick-up truck now.

#3 looks great, be my pick for any Honda out of the three wheels. Bit more of a tuner wheel although #1 says touring car which also fits the Accord tradition. #3 is a bit more "Civic" but I think it's the most modern looking for JDM import.

All personal opinion, as said you should buy what you think looks great. Photo shop it on your car if you aren't sure. I would say visit Tirerack.com and see what they look like but they don't have the CB7 available in the graphics database unfortunately.

You will need to lower your car. I have 17"s on mine on stock suspension and it looks raised. Can't get my springs on soon enough.

EDIT: Sorry Deev just saw your link...
            Last edited by Ispintechno; 03-25-2013, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Im asking such a question to reinforce my own ideas of the rims, im having a hard time visualizing it. And this seemed like the appropriate sub form to post my thread in as it says "If it has to do with the looks of your car, this is where to ask!"

Comment

True. But do you really want other people to tell you what YOU like for YOUR car?
                Get what you want, man. It's your car. You're not building it for anyone else!

Comment

First, I agree that you need to decide what you like. Second, I have 17" on my car for the summer and they look good and fill out the wheel wells nicely. No drop, all stock and still rides well. Good luck on whatever you decide.

Comment

I think Rim choice #1 would be the best out of those three.

Comment

if anything the 3rd rim down would be my preference, but personally i like to keep things as stock looking as possible but as everyone says when it comes to a car it's all about what you like best after all it is your car

Comment

Moved to prevent post-whoring.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Get the first choice!
                          cb7sk8rdude

Comment

Working...
                          X