Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lug pattern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lug pattern?

I know the cb7 is a 4x114.3 can the car ride on 4x100?

What exactly do you mean? Put a 4x100 wheel on the car without an adapter? Nope, won't work

Comment

Originally posted by allentang14 View Post
      I know the cb7 is a 4x114.3 can the car ride on 4x100?
      sure, when it transforms into a civic.

Comment

Yes, but you need an adapter. Buy from a reputable company, no cheap ebay stuff (it will most likely be dangerous). A well made adapter will work and you will be able to mount 4x100 rims.

Comment

How do adpaters work? Just attach them to the hub. Or u have 2 take hub off and use the adapter that way.
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
            How do adpaters work? Just attach them to the hub. Or u have 2 take hub off and use the adapter that way.
            You leave the hub alone. The adapter bolts onto the normal wheel studs and has wheel studs of its own installed into the adapter. You then attach the wheel to the wheel studs installed in the adapter, not the original wheel studs.

I know that a lot of the off-road guys use adapters. They prove to last through off-road runs.

Comment

Where the oem wheel studs? Inside the adapater?

Comment

Where the oem wheel studs? Inside the adapater?
                The adapter bolts on the the original hub like a rim (like that pic dude posted, using open ended lugs).

The only thing about that shit is putting an adapter on is like adding a spacer as well. Your wheel will be sticking out farther than it normally would.

Comment

I was just wondering if i could just put on my buddies integra tires 205/50/15 on mine and you told me i would need different wheel studs thanks

Comment

Dependin on the wheel. U may have to extend the studs correcto?

Comment

Dependin on the wheel. U may have to extend the studs correcto?
                      In certain cases yes. The majority of what I have heard is that if you can tighten it six turns by hand then you are good to go

Comment

Originally posted by Dyesuperman View Post
                        In certain cases yes.
                        Are you talking about extending the studs on the hub or having an adapter with extended studs?

Comment

I wouldn't trust an adapter that changes the bolt pattern. You could potentially have 4x100 wheels re-drilled to 4x114.3.
                          If you want 4x100, buy a Civic.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

I wouldn't trust an adapter that changes the bolt pattern. You could potentially have 4x100 wheels re-drilled to 4x114.3.
                            If you want 4x100, buy a Civic.
                            I concur, doesn't feel that safe or reliable , regardless what company manufactured the spacer.
                            It's funny because I wanted the 4x114.3 conversion for my civic just to get some rims and re-drilling was another thought, just don't think I could live with myself knowing I messed up some SSR reverse mesh, so unfortunately I didn't buy them

Comment

Originally posted by Daily CB Cruzin View Post
                              I concur, doesn't feel that safe or reliable , regardless what company manufactured the spacer.
                              It's funny because I wanted the 4x114.3 conversion for my civic just to get some rims and re-drilling was another thought, just don't think I could live with myself knowing I messed up some SSR reverse mesh, so unfortunately I didn't buy them
                              I sell the mess out of adapters at the shop. Most of them go on trucks. Not for a pattern change, but so the wheels sit flush, and they can run a wider tire. Throught the mud, back road, woods..ect, I haven't seen one fail yet that was properly installed, either on 35" mud tires or 28" rims. The adaptor has to sit flush with the hub. When you bolt it down, if the lugs or studs extend past the adaptor face, you have to trim them, or it will throw your rim off quickly. You must also make sure your the lugs will hold the adapter. The stock lugs may not work. And the most common, the thread/pitch of your adaptor may be diffrent than the studs on the car. A Honda you don't have to worry as the car and most adapters are 12x1.5, but say a Nissan, where the car is 12x1.25, I've seen people force the lugs off the adaptor onto the car studs, then the factory onto the adaptor. Now you have a hot mess.

Comment

Working...
                              X