Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

special edition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

special edition?

i know this is cb7tuner but i have all the popular model accord cb7,cd5, and a 8th gen accord. and they all have weird badges on them. the 8th gen says v6 ex-l, special edition and it said that coming off the dealer brand new, my cb has normal badges such as lx, and last but not least my cd5 says lx special edition.
    now that ive explained my cars what the hell does special edition mean?
    its been bothering me for the longest time and nobody seems to know. could anybody explain the features of the special edition and what makes it so different.

i thought the CD5 special edition just had leather or someting

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

false my cd5 has cloth.

Comment

The CB had the SE model, which was essentially "special edition" (though not called that... just "SE"). That was the last time any such thing was legitimately the top of the line, the best of the best. The CB's SE had the most powerful engine in 91, plus leather and rear disc brakes (things the EX didn't have). In 93, it was essentially an EX with leather, and a few minor other goodies.

Beyond that, the Special Edition models weren't very special at all. The 6th generation Special Edition was a glorified midrange LX model! I had one. It was lame.

Comment

haha. I did a thorough inspection of my cd5 and it doesn't have anything worth getting panties in a knot for. well I take that back the over priced wheels and caps that people keep steeling are pretty cool. other than that it still has the bad clear coat Honda used along with the f22b2 motor.

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty much like the 6th gen, then... just a glorified LX model. The 6th gen had a sunroof and cool wheels... but rear drum brakes and cloth interior. I miss that car about as much as I miss the woman that took it with her when she left...

Comment

deev your a cold summa bih...

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Overweight, boring, uncomfortable, and someone else had tapped it in the rear and I found out too late! Yes, that all applies to the car, too.

Comment

bahahaha. Quashish is right but Deev is funny as hell. the car kinda sucked, I couldn't really get into so I fixed my cb back to normal and gave the cd to my brother. plus I couldn't let my baby go to the scraper or to someone who was going part it out. so basically the special edition is just badge?

Comment

i was kinda joking

1. let a ho be a ho
                    2. bitches be crazy

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Yeah after the cb special edition is code for value package. Maybey what Honda really believes is the best option package for the U.S. decent 4 cylinder, sunroof,cd changer cloth seats. I wouldn't be suprised if Honda made very little on se cars even in the latter years of special edition when they skimped on disc brakes. Priced to compete with American trash like Chevy malibu/impala Ford and dodge crap. Honda tried to put Americans in a dependable car. The biggest problem I have always had with se is the automatic not exactly a Honda strong point. Make the standard an option and I would be an se guy to this day.
                      ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

The special edition Cb7s were also made and shipped from Japan.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          overweight, Boring, Uncomfortable, And Someone Else Had Tapped It In The Rear And I Found Out Too Late! Yes, That All Applies To The Car, Too.
                          so tehy Piitb

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
                            The special edition Cb7s were also made and shipped from Japan.
                            OBJECTION ! Pics or it did'nt happen.
                            Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

So if you look throughout Honda's History, you will see that a SE model or 'special edition' model has always been produced the last production model year(s) of that body style. For the CB7 which had one in 91 and 93. Basically after the CB the SE fell in the same place as the 10th Ann CB7 did. Just a notch above an LX. Basically a LX-VP. They all have special wheels and badging but it differs through the years as to what they did have in them.

1st Gen
                              -1981 an SE model was added for the first time, with Novillo leather seats and power windows

2nd gen
                              - 1983 (2.5 MMR 'mid model refresh') The Special Edition (SE) featured Novillo leather seating, power windows, power sunroof and door locks

- 1985 SE-i featured Novillo leather seating, power moonroof, bronze tinted glass, a premium sound system with cassette, and 13-inch alloy wheels. A fuel-injected, 110 bhp (82 kW) non-CVCC ES3 engine was exclusive to this model

3rd gen
                              - 1989 This year's SEi was basically an LXi sedan gilded with standard leather upholstery and a high-power Bose-brand stereo system

4th Gen
                              - 1991 Honda reintroduced the SE (previously SE-i) model for 1991. It returned to the lineup without the traditional Bose high powered audio system but with an AM/FM stereo cassette 4x20 watt EX audio system; leather-trimmed steering wheel, leather seats and door panels, a fuel-injected 140 hp (104 kW) engine, 4-speed automatic transmission, and ABS as standard equipment. For the first time, a manual transmission was not offered in the SE. Two colors were available: Solaris Silver Metallic with Graphite Black interior and Brittany Blue Metallic with Ivory interior. Unlike previous editions, the 1991 SE was not equipped with uniquely styled alloy wheels but instead carried the EX model wheels.

- 1993 (10th ann and SE)
                              In 1993, Honda introduced the 10th Anniversary Edition sedan to commemorate the 10th year of U.S. Accord production. The 10th Anniversary Edition was based on the Accord LX sedan but came equipped with several features not available in the LX trim. The upgrades included ABS, 4-wheel disc brakes, 15" EX coupe six spoke alloy wheels, body colored side moldings, chin spoiler, and standard automatic transmission. Three colors were offered for the 10th Anniversary Edition: Frost White, Granada Black Pearl, and Arcadia Green Pearl. The 10th Anniversary models also included the same premium seat fabric found in EX models. The Frost White and Arcadia Green cars were paired with the same interior color as their LX/EX counterparts, Blue and Ivory, respectively. The Granada Black cars were paired with Gray interior, while the Granada Black EX had Ivory interior.
                              The SE returned for 1993 as both a sedan and, for the first time since the 1989 SE-i, as a coupe. The SE sedan featured dual front airbags; the first Accord to do so. An 8-button, 4-speaker Honda-Bose audio system, automatic transmission, leather trim, body colored bumper and body side moldings were standard. The SE coupe included a factory rear wing spoiler which differed slightly in design from the already available dealer installed accessory rear wing spoiler. In Canada, the SE came with heated front seats and heated side view mirrors. Both the sedan and coupe received distinctive 15-inch alloy wheels as well. All SE sedans in 1991 and 1993 were manufactured in Japan, while all SE coupes were produced in the U.S. The 1993 sedan was available in two colors: Cashmere Silver Metallic and Geneva Green Pearl, both with Ivory interior. The coupe was offered with two colors as well: Cashmere Silver Metallic and Atlantis Blue Pearl, both again with Ivory interior. Sadly, 1993 would be the swan song for the SE as an exclusive, high content, limited edition Accord model. Later generations would use a "Special Edition" designation rather than the previously used "SE" designation. These models were a combination of an Accord LX with several EX features similar to the 1993 10th Anniversary Edition LX.

5th Gen
                              -1997, Honda released the "Special Edition" version of the Accord (not to be confused with the SE). It was offered in three colors: Heather Mist Metallic, San Marino Red and Dark Currant Pearl. The Special Edition received a factory installed security system with keyless entry, single-disc CD player, body colored side molding, distinctive alloy wheels and a sunroof. It was offered in an automatic transmission only and was fitted with the same engine as the LX

6th Gen
                              - an SE (special edition) package available since 2000 added 15-inch alloy wheels over the LX

7th gen
                              - 2007 SE adds a 6-disc CD changer, 16-inch alloy wheels, 4-wheel disc brakes and Electronic Brake Distribution

8th Gen
                              - essentially an LX-P that adds heated leather seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, power lumbar on the driver’s seat, and SE (Special Edition) badging. It is available only with the 177-hp version of Honda’s 2.4-liter iVTEC four-cylinder engine
                              1996 Honda Shadow VT1100C

Sold
                              1993 Honda Accord 10th Ann

Comment

Working...
                              X