Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Not sure what to do with my cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what to do with my cb7

So i got the car 6 months ago,fell in love right away but then i got some bad oil leaks so i spent 512 to have all my belts done and a lot of seals. But i think it is still losen oil.Also it is an auto and today on the way home i gunned it and it read lined so i had to let off and go again then it shifted.

But the point of this is idk if i trad it in for a down payment or should i keep it and do a motor and trany swap and just make something that is fast and looks good..I rather keep it but any ideas?

Originally posted by Accord27 View Post
    So i got the car 6 months ago,fell in love right away but then i got some bad oil leaks so i spent 512 to have all my belts done and a lot of seals. But i think it is still losen oil.Also it is an auto and today on the way home i gunned it and it read lined so i had to let off and go again then it shifted.

But the point of this is idk if i trad it in for a down payment or should i keep it and do a motor and trany swap and just make something that is fast and looks good..I rather keep it but any ideas?
    Fix the stuff that's wrong, then go from there.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

looks like you know what to do with your CB,(keep it). browse the forums, learn about your car, if possible go for a 5speed and engine swap, etc. it all takes time. all the good looking CBs you see here, didn't start out like that

Comment

ya i know it takes time but i just dont want to keep putting money into this motor when im going to take it out anyway. If i keep it im going to get a B20 block and put on b16 heads with H22 trany

Comment

Good luck with that proposition. Go ahead and read up a little bit first.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo617 View Post
            all the good looking CBs you see here, didn't start out like that
            exept Alex's, his was always minty fresh.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

It's your car, do whatever you want. It's an old car. If maintaining and repairing it is too much for you, then perhaps you should buy a new car.
              And reading your typing hurts my head.

Comment

3 options that come to mind. I'm kind of in the same boat with a non running car.

1. Sell it.
                2. Fix it.
                3. Motor swap with all new components.
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Ill make sure to fix my typing just for you bruh. Its not to much to handle just seems none can find the true problem and im spending money for things that dont need to be done.

Comment

If we can't understand you, we can't help you. Bruh.

Comment

What stuck out to me was talk about a b series.

My opinion learn the car, no matter what you get new or used know as much as possible about the chassis. Advice don't go hammering on a cold automatic and if you still have leaks best be taking it back to that shop period.

Unless mint and low mileage in my opinion it's not worth the trade in just make a down payment.
                      Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 12-27-2012, 11:04 PM.

02 Crv
                      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I talked to the shop and he said its nothing he did but i am going up there tomorrow so we can be face to face.Also now that i reread that it sounded like a dick comment.My bad

Comment

Talking and he was sure? sounds like an idiot even if it's not something he did he should offer to look at it to make sure, like any shop worthwhile. Hope you got a ticket of all that was replaced, did they do the trans fluid aswell?

02 Crv
                          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Lower it nice wheels and lip. Other then that keep her maintained she will run forever

Comment

If you even trade it in you wont get anything for it literally.

Comment

Working...
                              X