Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Got my cb7 back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my cb7 back

Anyone ever hear of all seals going back? It had major oil leacks everywhere so i had to spend 512.00 on a timing belt,new ac belt,new ps belt and a bunch of seals. Is this a fair price or did I get riped off?

Is that labor included? If so that's a steal. I had to remove the transmission to do the rear main seal and that is a good deal of work.

Yes, all seals go bad with age. I have replaced all of mine on my F22A6 other than the head gasket.

Can you post the itemized reciept?

Comment

That is with labor.

Comment

I will gladly post it tomorrow I don't have it on me right now. To me it was worth it I love the car and it has the f22a1 and to me I love the motore so I'm glad I get to keep it. It comes out of the shop tomorrow so I will update you.

Comment

But yeah, that is a steal especially if they did the oil pump and the rear main seal.

Comment

I just did the same thing. My wife had the EX sedan out Thursday and called me to say the oil light was on. Long story short, the front balance shaft seal blew out. I wound up doing the timing belt, balance shaft belt, water pump, balance shaft and crank seals.

If they replaced the balance shaft seal, make sure they installed the balance shaft seal retainer, it will prevent a repeat of my problem. The retainer is not part of the original build of our engines, but a part created later to address the issue of the balance shaft seals blowing out. The retainer kit is Honda part number 06923-P0A-306; list price is only $2.82 - cheap insurance.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Thanks guys!! I'll post a pic of the car and post the details. I'm new to this form but I love it,a lot of helpful stuff!! I have big plans for this car lol

Comment

My buddy had a buddy do the TB and WP in his 97 Civic and still charged him about $500 with labour.

I'd say you got away pretty well with that price. A job like that should realistically be in the $400-700 range depending who/where is doing it.

Comment

Bout a $600+ job if it came into my shop, good deal in my book if it was a reputable shop using quality parts.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                  Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Sounds like a good deal. Thats a fairly good amount of work and they prob had about $200 in parts

Comment

Working...
                    X