Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

30 posts harder than I thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 posts harder than I thought

So I joined this site back in July, and I spend at least 5 hours a week on this site. I would really like to hit my 30 posts but EVERYTHING that I have ever wondered about this car has already been thouroughly discussed multiple times. And any post or reply I seem to think of, can usually be found somwhere else on the site already. How do I get my thirty posts without contributing to those who are not willing to search for themselves?

All you got to do is read to rules and your find it there!!!
    Accord Of The Month January 09
    Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
    BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic View Post
      So I joined this site back in July, and I spend at least 5 hours a week on this site. I would really like to hit my 30 posts but EVERYTHING that I have ever wondered about this car has already been thouroughly discussed multiple times. And any post or reply I seem to think of, can usually be found somwhere else on the site already. How do I get my thirty posts without contributing to those who are not willing to search for themselves?
      People still ask questions every day here.
      Just be able to give them the right advice in those new threads, and you'll have no problem getting to 30 posts

There's no way around it, even if you joined in 2003 and only had 15 posts, you'd still have to get 30 posts to "Get out" of this section.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

If you surf the new posts, it's not that hard.

Comment

If you know a thing or two about your car, or if you have a project planned, you could create a DIY thread. Even if you're re-doing something that was already covered, that's fine... as long as you improve upon the previous DIY!

If you make a DIY how-to thread here in the Beginner Forums that's worthy of being in the regular DIY section, it can always be moved to the regular DIY section by a moderator after you've earned your 30 posts.

You have the right idea, though. You're correct, most of what the average CB7 owner will do to their car has already been covered MANY times on this site.
          Still, if someone asks a question, and you can answer it correctly (or add to an answer that someone else has given), that's still useful. If it's been asked and answered 100 times, now it's 101 times. That means for the next guy that's smart enough to search, he'll find yet another thread with useful information that might just answer his question!

As long as you don't make a ton of posts like "yeah, what he said!" or "that looks like a good idea!"... you'll be fine. And the simple fact that you made this thread shows that you seem to understand the types of posts we look for!

Comment

took me little over a year to I think to get to 30. I was in your same position. so I just didn't think much of it, since you can practically tear down and build your car without ever having posted ( yes I'm still amazed by that one guy).

best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
              If you surf the new posts, it's not that hard.
              Take it from this guy. ^^^ He is the master at thinking of stuff to post. I’m almost 100% sure he set the record for fastest 1000 posts.

But post count isn’t everything. You can have 50,000 posts and still not know much or have just repeated what’s already been said.

Good luck with your 30 posts.
              Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-24-2012, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                You can have 50,000 posts and still not know much
                <---

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  <---
                  Yeah, you definitely don’t apply to what I said Deev, your word is golden to me. As are a few other like wherm and wed3k.

Comment

I really don't know very much, to be honest! I learn on here, just like everyone else. I just say the 5 things that I know over and over and over again

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      I really don't know very much, to be honest! I learn on here, just like everyone else. I just say the 5 things that I know over and over and over again
                      I learn a lot everyday on here. I’m retarded in a few areas but aside from that I’d like to say I’m retaining a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X