Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

The Beginner forums are for BEGINNERS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Beginner forums are for BEGINNERS!

New members may make threads here. Once you get over 30 posts, you are no longer able to create new threads. You can reply to anything you want, but I've gotten tired of seeing members with 500 posts making threads in this section just because they assume more people will see them. That is very rude to our new members who ONLY have this place to post!

Post your questions in the correct sections. Threads posted in the wrong sections may be moved or deleted (at the moderator's discretion.)
    Adhere to the "descriptive title" rule EVERYWHERE in the forum, as I will very soon be instructing the moderators to start deleting any thread that doesn't have a descriptive title, just as we do in this section.

Whiles we're at it.

Please post in the correct sections people.

Mainly Off topic.

It is just that - Offtopic, Not for technical questions, pictures of your CB, or how to fit fogs.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

How about the Image thread ? Is it okay to post pics of your ride until you make a MRT ?

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Stretch, there's a Photography in the regular section but it's rarely used except for hi-res images mostly.

I've been wondering why this was such common practice and I think this is a good rule. Some of the regular sections seem to have grown anemic because of disuse. The information is on the site but largely weighted in the beginner's section these past couple of years. That just shouldn't be the case.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I feel we should be able to use the image gallery though. The other sections are more specifically for media and photography talk and not just sharing random pictures.

Comment

Yea that's the only reason I didn't post in the media gallery I thought it was for more serious hi res pics and things so I always posted in the beginner image gallery.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

what if we're still a beginner and have beginner questions to ask but are over 30 posts..?

Comment

There's an Image Gallery outside the beginner section.
                http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=89

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I thought the beginner image gallery was for sub 30 post members showing off their CB7, and it can be moved later if requested when you pass 30 posts?

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                    There's an Image Gallery outside the beginner section.
                    http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=89
                    Deeply hidden away and unused.

Comment

The Photography section is for discussions about automotive photography, not for showing off pictures.
                      The beginner image gallery is so beginners can show off their cars before they get 30 posts. It is common for them to create pretend Members Rides threads in that section. If they post in the correct format, a MR thread posted there can be moved to the real MR section in the future.
                      The regular Image Gallery section is for full members to post images.
                      The other image sections, such as wallpaper and video, are exactly what they say they are. Those are actually remnants of the earliest versions of this site, and have fallen out of use... but occasionally something good appears there, so I leave them be.

See, people get so used to just dumping whatever the hell they want wherever they want, they don't even know what the proper sections are! It is not a moderator's job to move your thread for you, because you were too lazy to post in the correct section. I've deleted many a thread that began with "mods, if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it."

If you are unsure where to post, PM me or a moderator. We will gladly assist you.

Comment

The Photography section is only for automotive photography?

I thought it was for general photography that should try to encapsulate Automotive but not necessarily.

I thought the main rule there was "Don't just share pictures, but share to learn".

I thought the other image sections were for only automotive.

I guess I should add-

I ask because if I share some pictures their, there is a very good chance that only a few would be automotive as that is a rare thing for me to shoot.

So just asking lol.
                        Last edited by Ralphie; 08-13-2012, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Well, it's photography in general, as general photography applies to automotive photography... but this is a car site, so we try to keep things focused on cars in most areas.
                          The photography section isn't for "hey, check out this neat bug I snapped a picture of with my camera phone!"

Comment

i was under the impression that beginner section was an acceptable place to post semi technical questions. Now that I know that I guess some of my threads would be better off in the technical section. hmm. thanks for the post seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiss View Post
                              what if we're still a beginner and have beginner questions to ask but are over 30 posts..?
                              From what I'm gathering the beginner's section isn't necessarily just for beginner questions. Its for beginners asking questions.

Who's to say what a "beginner question" is anyhow. A question is a question.

Comment

Working...
                              X