Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ultra Racing on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra Racing on ebay

Curious if anyone has purchased any of the ultra racing products from ebay? my biggest concern is getting a "fake" product.

the sellers don't have actual pics, just the ones that are on the ultraracing.com site this alone should shy me away from dealing with them. but at these prices. i'm almost willing to take a chance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300742000614?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1438.l2649
    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

The seller's rating is over 99% with almost 700 positive feedbacks. So you should be fine ordering through the seller. Besides if you pay via PAYAL then you also have their protection.

I've only used the UR front lower bar. Below is a quick review of it from an older post

…………………………………

I have the UR lower front brace but unlike the Tanabe bar (which doesn't fit our cars) the UR is not a solid piece. Threaded center for some adjustability.

Pros:
    I feel the cornering difference
    Light weight
    Well made
    Easy install

Cons:
    Hangs a little low (much lower than the Tanabe bar). You're going to scratch the shit of it if you're CB7 is really sitting low.
    I wish it’s was a made with thicker steel
    Can not be used with the Bisimoto header.

If you look at my run at a recent autox, you can see how low the bar hangs under my car.

Last edited by Tishock; 07-25-2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Honestly, a rear strut bar is a rear strut bar. I wouldn't spend $130 on one, when a $30 Megan Racing bar will do just as well. It's functional, but not nearly as drastic as the front strut bar (and to be honest, I'm quite satisfied with my Megan Racing bar there as well... since I can't get a Neuspeed bar.)

If you want to spend 3 figures on rear chassis bracing, I suggest getting a 4 point rear brace from ESP (it will essentially render your trunk useless, but it is by far the best rear chassis brace you can get.)

Comment

mmm quadrangulated brace

Comment

thanks for the info guys.

reason for going with UR bar was because of it's solid design. opposed to the adjustable or threaded bars. some have said that the solid bars resist flexing of the chassis better. and the adjustable portion of the bars were the weak link. idk. i guess there is no real proof of these claims yet. i do plan joining a spirited driving club.

esp does seem like better alternative. but i will need the use of my trunk.

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

There's some merit to that, but honestly... most of those claims of weakness are largely due to people not adjusting them properly. Plus, the rear strut towers are much less of a flex point than the front.

Another option is to get an adjustable bar, install it, and then weld the damn thing solid!

Comment

ESP does have a solid 2 Point Rear Upper Strut Bar and it's just $139 shipped US

Comment

For roughly the same price, I'd go ESP. I'd be proud to have some of their parts on my car. To me, they're far more "real" than almost any other company out there.

Comment

I bought the ultra racing front upper and rear upper strut bars on eBay and they came in in a week, all the way from the main company in Malaysia. Having a one piece solid bar instead of some couple of pieces bar was nice. Especially with an h swap.
                  my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
                  MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

I like esp and ultra racing, but esp takes to Damn long to get Shit done. Ultra is packaged. Ready to go. I hate waiting for parts I already paid for.
                    MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

ESP is a 2 man operation, and I wouldn't doubt that its in their spare time. Ultra Racing is probably sweatshop stuff... 12 year old Malaysian kids with MIG welders. (that's total speculation. I'm sure their stuff is just fine.)

Comment

I have delt with ESP a few times, and to be honest anything you buy from the is Worth the wait!

Just my 2 cents.
                        WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by peteypete View Post
                          I bought the ultra racing front upper and rear upper strut bars on eBay and they came in in a week, all the way from the main company in Malaysia. Having a one piece solid bar instead of some couple of pieces bar was nice. Especially with an h swap.
                          you mind posting a link to the seller you used?

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

+1 on deev's comment.
                            They do how ever make a good product. I bought some fender braces from them and the look great.
                            My 91 ex coupe
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

Comment

Working...
                            X