Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What should I expect from the swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I expect from the swap?

I'm finishin up my h22 swap in the next two weeks. I have looked and looked for 0-60 and 1/4 mile time. I know there are more varibles then what I'm asking but I want a average number for this swap.

I only ask as my friend, si-r del sol, says the h swap won't see below a 16 1/4 mile.
    Originally posted by Dr. Shuffles
    Prius? Fuck that shit. I can't afford those things. Why do you think I'm driving a Honda that's old enough to buy beer?

Manual or auto? That plays such a big role in your acceleration. If I had to guess I would say my auto feels like about 7 seconds to 60, if a hair over. From a roll, I'm in early 5th-gen Mustang V6 territory.

Just found this with a quick "Prelude SI VTEC 0-60" Google search:

"1994 Honda Prelude VTEC 0-60 mph 7.1 Quarter mile 14.9" (source)

I think stock-for-stock a CB is about 100lbs lighter than a 4th-gen Lude, so maybe we can assume about 7.0 / 14.7 seconds, respectively.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Manual. I'm using the h23 transmission.
      Prius? Fuck that shit. I can't afford those things. Why do you think I'm driving a Honda that's old enough to buy beer?

Comment

The CB's weight is about the same as the Prelude's... maybe a little lighter, even. So what a Prelude can do, your car can do.
        Now, the H23's transmission has slightly longer gearing, which isn't totally matched to the H22... so that will cost you some time, but not too much.

Assuming your H22 is healthy, and everything is working, you should be able to get low 15s at least. I've seen abnormally healthy H22As in CB7s running 14.5... but that's not common.
        My own got my car to 15.023. My mods at the time were an AEM CAI, 2.5" crush bent exhaust with a cat and 2 resonators, and a UR crank pulley. That's it. And I just recently learned that the asshats that did my engine install never hooked up my IAB, which explains a hell of a lot! That was also done on shitty tires and a severely slipping original stock clutch (changed 2 weeks later... it was down to the rivets.)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          The CB's weight is about the same as the Prelude's... maybe a little lighter, even. So what a Prelude can do, your car can do.
          Now, the H23's transmission has slightly longer gearing, which isn't totally matched to the H22... so that will cost you some time, but not too much.

Assuming your H22 is healthy, and everything is working, you should be able to get low 15s at least. I've seen abnormally healthy H22As in CB7s running 14.5... but that's not common.
          My own got my car to 15.023. My mods at the time were an AEM CAI, 2.5" crush bent exhaust with a cat and 2 resonators, and a UR crank pulley. That's it. And I just recently learned that the asshats that did my engine install never hooked up my IAB, which explains a hell of a lot! That was also done on shitty tires and a severely slipping original stock clutch (changed 2 weeks later... it was down to the rivets.)
          Damn deev you never told me that. Hell I had some asshats too myself who did my swap the first time thats how we linked up. Eversince then iv'e been doing my own thing.

Comment

Yeah, my asshats weren't as bad as yours, but I'm still finding and fixing crap they halfassed to this day!
            I just discovered the IABs weren't hooked up when I did my clutch. Haven't driven the car since, so I haven't hooked it up properly yet. I want to get it running right as it is, then re-tune it for the IABs, since my last tune didn't have them functional.

Comment

Yeah, my asshats weren't as bad as yours, but I'm still finding and fixing crap they halfassed to this day!
              I just discovered the IABs weren't hooked up when I did my clutch. Haven't driven the car since, so I haven't hooked it up properly yet. I want to get it running right as it is, then re-tune it for the IABs, since my last tune didn't have them functional.
              Sounds like my car when I bought it. Completely stock minus the hack wire tuck they tried. They didn't wire the rad fans... You can probably guess what happened.

As for my motor I did it right HMO. I'm replaced all the gaskets and belts with oem and have the manual tensioner done from my old h23 motor. I'm just waiting on a good deal for a good header and to buy a excedy stage one clutch.

Deeve if you were going to buy a flywheel, what weight and brand would you suggest for a daily driver?

Comment

I had an XTD 11lb flywheel, and I feel the weight was good for daily driving. I don't think I'd have wanted lighter. I don't recommend XTD, though.

Fidanza flywheels have a good reputation. The ACT 12.8lb Streetlite flywheel might be a good option as well.

Comment

I had an XTD 11lb flywheel, and I feel the weight was good for daily driving. I don't think I'd have wanted lighter. I don't recommend XTD, though.

Fidanza flywheels have a good reputation. The ACT 12.8lb Streetlite flywheel might be a good option as well.
                  A xtd clutch was the reason my 325 got the m3 swap (euro spec). I won't ever cheap out again. Not on something that can break into my transmission. Thank you for the help. I'd much rather a error in my build be my own mechanical skills and not inferior products.

Comment

Same here... and the lesson learned the same way! That clutch kit failing on me is the reason my car has been down for nearly 4 years. Well, the original reason, anyway. Business, a lack of motivation, and a fairly regular stream of other things breaking contributed as well.

Comment

Sounds like me. My car sat with a blown a1 for almost 2 years. Moving into a new career in management, repairing a bmw and finishing my degree put a quick stop to any progress. The more I put into my accord the more it breaks. Someone put a cheap header on the motor before I had it, driving today to get lunch (it's my birthday, I took a personal day) my gasket blew out and my down pipe fell and started dragging. I'm waiting for it to cool down so I can put it on blocks again.

Comment

im getting back to the spot real soon

Comment

Don't you have a srt4 and a evo? Both of those are awesome! I wish I was able to afford either at this time. Are you just coming back for a project build of a fun daily?

Comment

Originally posted by cbh23 View Post
                            Don't you have a srt4 and a evo? Both of those are awesome! I wish I was able to afford either at this time. Are you just coming back for a project build of a fun daily?
                            In all honesty since I have both im going to sell both and go back to honda since I plan to sit back and relax and have just fun from it all. Being in either car is fun butI think I liked it better with honda.

Theres plenty of parts laying around pricewise its cool too. Srt4 and evos are cheap to a certain extent but the people are just all up in my biz like hey man what are you runnin in there I liked it better staying low-key and just working on my own car just like I have been. With honda and the way I like to keep my cars are low key aint nothing low-key as far as an evo and srt. You can see and hear them a mile away.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                              In all honesty since I have both im going to sell both and go back to honda since I plan to sit back and relax and have just fun from it all. Being in either car is fun butI think I liked it better with honda.

Theres plenty of parts laying around pricewise its cool too. Srt4 and evos are cheap to a certain extent but the people are just all up in my biz like hey man what are you runnin in there I liked it better staying low-key and just working on my own car just like I have been. With honda and the way I like to keep my cars are low key aint nothing low-key as far as an evo and srt. You can see and hear them a mile away.
                              I'll trade my accord for the evo Haha. I wish you luck in your endeavors. I understand though. Anyone could see my 325. I like the accord. It's got a charm all of it's own. Like the old vr gallants or valvos.

Comment

Working...
                              X