Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tips on Aftermath of Recover stolen vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips on Aftermath of Recover stolen vehicle?

My car was recovered the other day after being stolen for a month the car is in the same shape i had it. they didnt take anything. they just through everything around. They broke the lock on the driver side and the ignition is broken. Any tips on what to do the car itself now? Car wash?

I'd personally wash the car inside and out and get it checked out by a mechanic just in case.

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

Well a lot of that depends on whether or not you've replaced it already, the legal ramifications of it having been stolen and what your ultimate goals still are.

Was it salvaged?
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'm not really grasping the point of the question, basically you're saying the car is in the same condition it was previous to it being stolen (minus a lock and ignition) so just go ahead and move on with your life. Drive it around and continue to do what you were doing before it got stolen. IDK, maybe replace the lock and ignition and invest in an alarm or theft prevention device of some sort. Ain't really much else to do...

Comment

go thru the car throughly to access any damages done to it if anything then report it to your insurance.

Comment

Check for drugs, so you can get rid of them before you get pulled over and get blamed for them.

CALI LIFE STYLE
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

so my battery keeps dying because of the ignition. I need advice on how this works? am i able to get a used ignition switch at the junkyard? And if i can do i have to take the door locks as well? how would i get the key to operate all this?

Comment

Originally posted by 408cb7 View Post
                Check for drugs, so you can get rid of them before you get pulled over and get blamed for them.
                Ill take care of any found for you

Comment

Originally posted by TheNewt10 View Post
                  so my battery keeps dying because of the ignition. I need advice on how this works? am i able to get a used ignition switch at the junkyard? And if i can do i have to take the door locks as well? how would i get the key to operate all this?
                  you can get a used ignition make sure it has a key, and itll be a pain in the ass to remove it, its attached with a collar around the shaft for the steering wheel and two bigass rivets youll need to grind off the heads or chop the collar to just get it. and..you can get the lock barrels off the donor car or just use two keys..me id bring a sawzall chop out the ignition and cut out the door handles, dont forget the trunk lock, back seat lock and trunk pop lever lock and glovebox lock.

Maybe this could inspire you to install a hidden keyed switch and do push button start

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                    you can get a used ignition make sure it has a key, and itll be a pain in the ass to remove it, its attached with a collar around the shaft for the steering wheel and two bigass rivets youll need to grind off the heads or chop the collar to just get it. and..you can get the lock barrels off the donor car or just use two keys..
                    Its actually not that hard at all to remove the collar. Those 2 "rivets" aren't rivets... They are just 2 bolts with smoothed off heads. If you take a flathead and hammer you can tap them and back them out fairly easily. Once they are loose you can then take a pair of needle nose vice grips or anything really and twist them completely out. Done it many many times...
                    Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                    me id bring a sawzall chop out the ignition and cut out the door handles
                    Lol, you make things too hard he doesn't need to cut out the door handle either. Its just bolted in there with 2 10mm bolts, very easy to remove.
                    am i able to get a used ignition switch at the junkyard? And if i can do i have to take the door locks as well? how would i get the key to operate all this?
                    I am assuming you mean the lock cylinder, the ignition switch connects to the back of the cylinder and probably wasn't damaged during the theft. At any rate, you can get that too if you want from the JY.

Just remove the door handles and steering collar off the wrecked car. Copy down the VIN and take it up to a Honda dealership (you might want to bring the collar and lock and/or receipt with you that you get from the JY) and have them cut you a new key. Costs about $5 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint
                      Copy down the VIN and take it up to a Honda dealership (you might want to bring the collar and lock and/or receipt with you that you get from the JY) and have them cut you a new key. Costs about $5 or so.
                      Cool didnt know they did that, as for the sawzall..peeling the door apart to get to some bolts is way harder then 20 seconds cutting squares out the doors, to each their own though =) And the ignition.. didnt notice it as bolts, what I recall was rivets..but that was one time long ago, not doubting you though.

edit:Checked the ignition I got from the donor..Nice..bolts..maybe now Ill tackle that and have one key for everything but the trunk (trunk lid was jettisoned) ..anyway I suggested the whole ignition because assuming the theives probably fucked up the whole cast aluminum assembly tearing out the lock cylinder and now the switch is mangled too (uncontrolled current draw) oh wells
                      Last edited by illinois_erik; 05-13-2012, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                        I am assuming you mean the lock cylinder, the ignition switch connects to the back of the cylinder and probably wasn't damaged during the theft. At any rate, you can get that too if you want from the JY.
                        Yes the lock cylinder is what was broken. So i don't have to replace the whole ignition switch? Thanks for the help

Comment

Yes the lock cylinder is what was broken. So i don't have to replace the whole ignition switch? Thanks for the help
                          if its just the cylinder maybe honda or a locksmith can rekey one for you. will probably be pricey though but thats the easiest way

Comment

get a new ignition and take apart your front door locks and your trunk lock and key your own locks. i did it to a DA9 i had with an odd trunk lock. the door locks internals are identical to the trunk. its just time consuming.
                            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Well if they didnt take anything it was probably for a quick joyride. I would replace the locks on it then get a set of wheel locks for the rim and a wheel boot for the shit and dont look back.

Comment

Working...
                              X