Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I am out of the CB7 game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A stable build base is not a car that some unknown modified every single part of. A reliable build base is a bone stock car that has been well maintained, that you know the full service history of.
    You're happy, so I'm happy for you... but I'll feel bad for you when something "custom" breaks because the former builder cut corners. That's very often what happens.
    Mods DECREASE the value of a car, not increase it.

Just don't get butthurt when people question the wisdom of your purchase.
    You're 19 years old, and you just spent $8000 on a car that's nearly as old as you, that has been modified by someone you don't know.
    Most of us have made similar mistakes in the past, or have known people that have. I've seen people pay far too much for someone else's project and end up getting nothing more than an unreliable money pit. Prepare yourself.

Comment

I'll keep you posted

Comment

Reading the mod list I thought it was my old 99 ex. I sold it 3 years ago with about the same set up except it was boosted for 12k. So I'd say well bought, I know I had more than that in mine

Comment

8k is a tad bit steep, but that car is clean as a whistle. He didnt just pay for someone elses "project" he bought someone elses pride and joy, and from the looks of it it wasnt some half assed pride and joy. Rippin on a kid because he bought a civic thats cleaner than a majority of the cars on this site? Makes as much sense as dumping $1000s of dollars into a 20 year old family sedan. I love all cars but it really doesnt make sense to rip on the kid for paying that much for a car thats already finished, as opposed to buying a stock one in just as good condition and spending EASILY more thank 8k to get it in that condition. Nice car dude, I wouldve spent 8k on a different car, but different strokes for different folks i guess, Definately a nice, clean, and overall steezy car.

Comment

Nobody is ripping on him. He wants to show what he has, and he's going to hear opinions. I think $8000 for a heavily modified 15 year old Civic is far too much to spend. The car is only worth $3000 or so. The parts are valuable, sure... but paying that much money is putting a LOT of trust in the previous owner.

I'm in the market for a used CTS-V. I refuse to buy one that was lowered, or has an intake, exhaust, or even aftermarket rims. If it's not bone stock, I walk away.

Comment

Indeed, i can understand that, becuase while im looking to get rid of my mustang im looking for another honda, but i dont want these modified rice burners i would prefer a cleanly modded, mostly stock car. I wouldve definately bought that car, 8k? not so much but i could see it at a fair price at 6k.

Alot of hondas out there these days have been taken down the wrong path, beaten to shit, modified in retarded ways, or generally just pieces of crap. All the clean ones pull a high premium aparently, and the owners seem to put that on a pedestal. But I will say this... if you think buying someone elses honda project could be a money pit? Buy a mustang and let me know how that goes... And thats coming from a mustang owner and die hard enthusiast. Both of my hondas were great cars, my accord was stock and had 250k and ran like a champ, and my civic was a project car, swapped vtec motor and 5 speed conversion, i beat the ever living shit out of those cars, and they loved it. the total cost of those probably equals an 1/8th of what ive spent on my current car. Granted my current car is the nicest, cleanest, fastest, most unique, and Most fun to drive, but still..

Overall.. enjoy it dude, wish I had 8k to spend lol

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Nobody is ripping on him. He wants to show what he has, and he's going to hear opinions. I think $8000 for a heavily modified 15 year old Civic is far too much to spend. The car is only worth $3000 or so. The parts are valuable, sure... but paying that much money is putting a LOT of trust in the previous owner.

I'm in the market for a used CTS-V. I refuse to buy one that was lowered, or has an intake, exhaust, or even aftermarket rims. If it's not bone stock, I walk away.

I gotcha deev, I am not trying to argue, you've got your opinion and I understand that. I mean one of my friends bought a terribly swapped ek hatch and he had to sell it cause the piece wouldn't have run so I know there are bad cars out there and I stayed away from alot of stuff, I mean this isn't a custom car...its oem parts(mostly) from that were bought from Acura and Honda and all the parts were broken in correctly.I have ALL the paper work. I bought it becuase of the engine and who is was built by which was LHT Performance in Tampa and if you don't know they are a permire Honda shop that first K swapped a CR-Z. So I put some risk into buying the car but now I have a car that I can make a real track beast and have alot of fun.

Comment

Exactly. SOME may be modified properly, with no expense spared... and I hope that this is one of those. Everything researched properly, no corners cut, all parts from reputable companies, all necessary related parts replaced/restored in addition to the mods...

But many cars are halfassed. A used engine slapped in with the original timing belt and rubber seals. Lowering springs on stock shocks and dryrotted bushings. "bodywork" that is mostly bondo. "custom wiring" that's a rat's nest...

Comment

looks real clean bro

Comment

$8000 im with deev on this to a certain degree not to hate or anything but there are guys up here that would sell their itr swapped or boosted swapped engines for less than that and they are in mint shape. That individual must have really loved their car to let it go for that much imo.

Comment

Wait re-read the mod list bro are you kidding me you could have brought a civic with a k-swap built for that price why? and it would have have had 200whp plus.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                          $8000 im with deev on this to a certain degree not to hate or anything but there are guys up here that would sell their itr swapped or boosted swapped engines for less than that and they are in mint shape. That individual must have really loved their car to let it go for that much imo.
                          How much did you pay for your Evo, Mike? Was it stock when you got it?
                          That's one car that's often a PERFECT example of what I'm saying. A modified one can be so beat up and/or halfassed that it's not worth anywhere near what the mods seem to dictate... and that's for a much more valuable performance car than a simple Civic!

Comment

How much did you pay for your Evo, Mike? Was it stock when you got it?
                            That's one car that's often a PERFECT example of what I'm saying. A modified one can be so beat up and/or halfassed that it's not worth anywhere near what the mods seem to dictate... and that's for a much more valuable performance car than a simple Civic!
                            I actually paid less than 10k to be honest and the car is mint but my car is in a different class than the civic though but for eight grand nah. My evo was near stock when I go it.

No the motor can be swapped out of a stock k and left in stock form and still make more because that would be k-series money and made more out of the mods aside from the name. A modified K can be done right too if your not too much into the name brand it's been done. I wouldnt be surprised if the owner that sold him the car was doing just that with that 8k he recieved. What do you think?

Comment

I coulda bought a 944 turbo in excellent condition for that price, and be able to blow the doors off that car, and have more fun in the twisties too.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
                              Traded with: Cb7xChun
                              Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
                              Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
                              My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
                                I coulda bought a 944 turbo in excellent condition for that price, and be able to blow the doors off that car, and have more fun in the twisties too.
                                Its not that serious to each their own I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                X