Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

racing fuel in regular car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

racing fuel in regular car

Wat would happened if yu put racing fuel in a reg car
    Keep It Low, And Drive It Slow
    ------------------------------------+---
    89 CRX dx with a 94 del so Si swap - deceased 91 civic hatchback Si with a JDM ZC SOHC swap-sold 92 CB7 accord sedan - living but stock

Originally posted by 713_JDM_CB7 View Post
    Destroy your o2 sensor and probably melt your cat.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by 713_JDM_CB7 View Post
      You would waste money.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
        Destroy your o2 sensor and probably melt your cat.
        thats only if it was leaded.
        www.850fab.com
        IG - @850Fab
        FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

You would spend way too much money making a slow accord a marginally more efficient slow accord.

But seriously. Real racing fuel is expensive. For very little gain, aside from possible damage.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
          Traded with: Cb7xChun
          Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
          Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
          My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Higher octane isn't "better" unless the engine requires it.

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
              You would waste money.
              Lol i was just thinking. Not really guna do it...
              Keep It Low, And Drive It Slow
              ------------------------------------+---
              89 CRX dx with a 94 del so Si swap - deceased 91 civic hatchback Si with a JDM ZC SOHC swap-sold 92 CB7 accord sedan - living but stock

Comment

It would allow you to advance your timing more then with regular gas, but the net return on power wouldn't be worth the money. It probably could also help with performance if your happening to drive through death valley. Otherwise you would need to raise the compression drastically to make the fuel worth it. Water/Meth injection would be a more cost effective option for similiar results.
                Last edited by cloudasc; 04-27-2012, 03:58 PM.
                PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Apparently you can advance an F22A's timing all the way and do no damage... I wouldn't try it, but that's what I've been told.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Apparently you can advance an F22A's timing all the way and do no damage... I wouldn't try it, but that's what I've been told.
                    I could see that if being true if you adjust the distributer without jumping the service connector, as the ecu will correct the timing, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                      I could see that if being true if you adjust the distributer without jumping the service connector, as the ecu will correct the timing, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
                      i dont get how this works with the dizzy . ive tryed to advance it to full and it pinged really bad ? how do you know if the ecu is reseting it ? do you waste more gas doing this than retard timeing ?
                      this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                      How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                      Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
                        i dont get how this works with the dizzy . ive tryed to advance it to full and it pinged really bad ? how do you know if the ecu is reseting it ? do you waste more gas doing this than retard timeing ?
                        Most newer cars use knock sensors to pull timing, I could see our ecu possibly using O2 input and a couple other sensors to adjust, its not exactly an instanious change as the ecu would have to "learn". This is assuming everything is functioning normally. If one sensor is out/bad results could vary as your running off "basemaps". PGMFI.ORG forums know honda ecu's best next to the designers at honda itself. There is probably mention of it somewhere.
                        Last edited by cloudasc; 04-27-2012, 04:29 PM.

Comment

110 = 11.50 a gallon, just saying. 92-93 4.00 and some change. unless your engine is built to run and thats what your doing with it then it would be feasible. but everyday driver, eh not so needed. dont get me wrong the smell is amazing. lol

Comment

Working...
                          X