Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Farewell CB7 (Totaled)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farewell CB7 (Totaled)

Well gents I have to say good by to a good car.
    I just didn't even have my H22 in for a year yet and some kid on a cell hit me while I was stopped at a light. His insurance agency totaled it off the rip because its 20yrs old. That said anything I take off they want replaced which I really don't understand if its a total loss I should be able to keep my motor, skunk 2 suspension, prelude seats, 2.25 exhaust, you know all the aftermarket w/o putting something in its place.

So I saw this excellent condition rust free 5spd ex (rare to my knowledge) for $2500 I could swap every single piece from one cb to another. But I also saw a 1999 coupe for about that much and another for $3800 and the rest are up in price. But if I do that I may loose my H I don't think I'm willing to do obd conversion or even if the 92-96 H will even fit into it. I'm thinking so because the euro r has a h22 which I might just buy after I part out my cb minus the rims, suspension, strut bars, and system.

I'm think I want the 5spd 98-01 coupe and just swap a obd2 h into it a little down the road.

Any ideas I think imma sell my h for like with h tranny for like $1150.

Imma post pics later from start to finish in my read goodbye cb thread.
    IridiumCore
    HCK-The Beginning

--------------------------------------
    Your drunk she doesn't look that good.

Pics?

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
    Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
    Originally posted by bmxicansd
    so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

Sorry for the loss maybe it just wasnt meant to be.

Comment

Since it's totaled, you should be able to buy it back for like 200 bucks or so.
        98' Mustang 3V Swap
        11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by IridiumCore View Post
          That said anything I take off they want replaced which I really don't understand if its a total loss I should be able to keep my motor, skunk 2 suspension, prelude seats, 2.25 exhaust, you know all the aftermarket w/o putting something in its place.
          Sounds like they want to repair it and sell it off
          Did they give you the option to buy it back?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
            Sounds like they want to repair it and sell it off
            Did they give you the option to buy it back?
            No when they give you the check for the car they are buying a complete car from you, they don't care about mods. It'll go to auction as is, if you want your stuff off the car buy it back.
            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

i'd tell them to stick the cheque up their arse, and keep the car. what the fuck is the point of having insurance if they are gonna sell the car to make back the money you paid in premiums anyway? they're fuckers.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Usually you can "buy" the car from them after it's totaled and then do whatever you want with it.

Either way, I hope you can work something out.
                -Ian

'92 EX Coupe (Member's Ride Thread)

My Blog - Mostly snark about professional motorsports, but I occasionally make it to local and regional events. It's not much now, but I'm working on it.

Comment

Both my Accords were totaled off by insurance companies after being hit. Each one only cost $200 to buy back, and some of the mods made the car worth more. One was by State farm and one by American family.

Sorry for your loss man, I know how it feels. It's just some rubber and metal though.
                  Originally posted by chessboxer
                  We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
                  Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Sorry for everyone who got totaled.

Is anyone able to argue up the value of the car by the mods you made?

Anyone successfully made the argument their car was worth $$$ by claiming the A6 runners, H23 IM and lowering springs on their 22 year old car?
                    90 Accord Ex, F22A4. Slight fire damage.

Comment

Originally posted by H.M. View Post
                      Sorry for everyone who got totaled.

Is anyone able to argue up the value of the car by the mods you made?

Anyone successfully made the argument their car was worth $$$ by claiming the A6 runners, H23 IM and lowering springs on their 22 year old car?
                      They wanted to give me $499.79. I faught up to $1,131.23, I've got skunk2 suspension on springs (rear) coilovers (front). 19" FF7's and swapped rear discs and a JDM H22A. Prelude Front seats. All I needed was the paint job. Oh A 2.25 inch exhaust.
                      They wanted receipts which I don't have I argued its a life change for my family and I that will cause schedule conflicts and possibly job loss. Then I said if I settle for 499 I'm taking everything off that I put on.

I'm about post pics upload them to photobucket an post.
                      IridiumCore
                      HCK-The Beginning

Comment

After my girl smoke my tails

This is after I took it up the rear w/o lube

More Anal rapage

I'm gonna miss this one badly. Before the accident I was looking at $450 in body work for the quarter panel rust and smoothing her out but according to Nationwides estimate (The dudes insurance that hit me) I'm looking at $3,633 in repairs. I'm not ready for all that.
                        IridiumCore
                        HCK-The Beginning

Comment

So I figure I'm going to sell my H22 for $800 + an f22 and throw in a chipped and socketted P28 for an additional two. that will put me at 2 grand to put on a 98-01 accord. Then in the next year or two get a (97-01) H or F for that. We'll see If I was hoping a guy on craigs list would answer me for the CB he was selling for $500 I would have picked i up this weekend and swapped all my stuff over. If I can find a CB shell for $200-$500 in the philly or central Jersey area I'll delay all this crap pick it up about two weeks and get to swappin. If ya'll know anyone have'em email me at iridiumcore@gmail.com.
                          Last edited by IridiumCore; 04-29-2012, 12:00 AM.
                          IridiumCore
                          HCK-The Beginning

Comment

So did you end up buying your car back? Because from what your saying you want to buy another shell and swap everything over, i'm assuming you bought it back? Sorry for your accident, but glad your ok!

Comment

idk, your shell had a lot of rust on the rear quarter panels and is that a DX model? almost worth it to upgrade to an EX or something if you can find a cheap CB7 on craiglist with a good body and blown engine.

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X