Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Deev question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    Most of the poor writing we get on here is followed by "sry im on my phone so excuse bad typin k?"

I've typed replies to threads on my phone, in my car, over the course of 3-4 stoplights. If i can type coherently then, then anyone else should have no excuse! I don't ask anything of anyone that I don't do myself.
    Exactly my point. People want you to take the time to read and help out, but refuse to take the time to type correctly, be it via phone or computer.

Just imagine if we were to short cut on everything we did in life...

Kinda scary.

Then again, the "How do I lower my car for $29.95? or less", is just that, short cutting.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      ^^^Implying it's not exactly that bad already.

In related news, 90% of my posting comes from my phone and I refuse to let standards slip.
      I'm exactly the same way. I don't have internet at my house so using my phone is my only option and I type as coherently and succinctly as I can. I've said it before, but this is an english speaking board, failure to write clearly fails to get your point across. People are also less likely to put out the effort to answer your questions if you don't put even the tiny effort required to make a clear, understandable post.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
        + ppl will b rightin in responses lik dis on all threads. We wld b flooded w/ OMGs, LOLs, IMOs, etc.

Translated in proper text:

(Plus, people will be writing in responses like this on all threads. We would be flooded with oh my g*ds, Laughing out loud, In my opinion, etc.)

***It's hard enough to read some thread responses as it is now, imagine thread responses from a phone application!!!!
        I had a hard enough time trying to read your example lol. If I wanted to see triple typing like that, I'd just stay on Facebook all day.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
          I'm exactly the same way. I don't have internet at my house so using my phone is my only option and I type as coherently and succinctly as I can. I've said it before, but this is an english speaking board, failure to write clearly fails to get your point across. People are also less likely to put out the effort to answer your questions if you don't put even the tiny effort required to make a clear, understandable post.
          I've even instructed non-English speakers to post in their native language, and then follow it with a translation. One member does that regularly. He's difficult to understand, but he tries his best... and I appreciate that, and I help him whenever possible.

Those people that are fluent English speakers have NO excuse for typing nonsense. I see many Spanish speakers on this forum that have "accents" in their typing. Word usage that seems to be common among many people that speak Spanish more often than English in their day-to-day lives, and I know that it's a function of their understanding of language, and not a result of laziness. THAT isn't an issue at all.

Comment

It would actually be pretty easy to create an app for this forum.

It wouldn't hinder the security or stability of the forum at all.

I did some research and posted screen caps of my ideas but it is highly time consuming and I just don't have the time.

I wanted it to be similar to the xda app for android.
            Last edited by Ralphie; 04-06-2012, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I've even instructed non-English speakers to post in their native language, and then follow it with a translation. One member does that regularly. He's difficult to understand, but he tries his best... and I appreciate that, and I help him whenever possible.

Those people that are fluent English speakers have NO excuse for typing nonsense. I see many Spanish speakers on this forum that have "accents" in their typing. Word usage that seems to be common among many people that speak Spanish more often than English in their day-to-day lives, and I know that it's a function of their understanding of language, and not a result of laziness. THAT isn't an issue at all.
              I have no problems with stuff like that, I, guess a better way to say it would be that this is a written language board, and if you type a post that nobody can understand, its just a waste of everyone's time.

Its funny you mention accents though, a friend of mine has a very heavy chinese accent, and he texts me the in the same broken english.
              Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 04-07-2012, 08:10 AM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
              X