Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

laptop is on the fritz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

laptop is on the fritz

I have a compaq presario cq60 by hp.

Today I started it up and everything seemed fine untill I went to youtube and netflix and even itunes. Basically all media that plays on my computer sounds choppy and slowed down. I checked for any errors or failure signs from the computer this is what I found.

"smart web printing has stopped working"

"Bonjour has stopped working properly.

The name of the file that caused this problem is mDNSResponse.exe."

and something about the graphics driver also stopped working properly.

anybody know what I can do to fix this?

I know nothing about computers by the way All I've done so far is try to find a solution through the solution center but all it propts me to do is send an error repot....

for the bonjour problem it sent me to an apple page where there is a new version of the program available for download. I clicked on it and the licence agreement said not to accept if the program was accessed electronically. Does that mean I shouldn't download it?

I also know that my problem probably has a lot to do with the graphics driver not working properly but I'd like to fix everything possible.

Also important this computer is about two years old and no longer under warranty.

Comment

Let's fix the issue at hand first. We'll start with the video card driver. I agree with you that a corrupt video card driver could cause these issues. So let's get get the updated driver from the OEM website and go from there:

(please go to this link)
      http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...oduct=3983119&

1. select your OS. (click next)
      2. click 'driver - graphics' (it expands)
      3. Download - Driver - Graphics (‏2)
      NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE Graphics Driver

Click on the 'NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE Graphics Driver ', on the next page click the ' sp45167.exe' file (or the appropriate file/may not be this name) and install.
      Your system should want to reboot, if not please do so anyways.

Let me know how you make out after this.

----- other
      mDNSResponder is part of apple/i-tunes and these related problems will most likely be solved with a repair/re-install of i-tunes.

cheers

Comment

Thank you!

There is two options for windows7 (32bit) and (64bit) how do I know which one I have?

nevermind it's 64bit
        Last edited by mappyCB7; 04-02-2012, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          Let's fix the issue at hand first. We'll start with the video card driver. I agree with you that a corrupt video card driver could cause these issues. So let's get get the updated driver from the OEM website and go from there:

(please go to this link)
          http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...oduct=3983119&

1. select your OS. (click next)
          2. click 'driver - graphics' (it expands)
          3. Download - Driver - Graphics (‏2)
          NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE Graphics Driver

Click on the 'NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE Graphics Driver ', on the next page click the ' sp45167.exe' file (or the appropriate file/may not be this name) and install.
          Your system should want to reboot, if not please do so anyways.

Let me know how you make out after this.

----- other
          mDNSResponder is part of apple/i-tunes and these related problems will most likely be solved with a repair/re-install of i-tunes.

cheers
          I agree... and as far as know whether or not you have 32-Bit or 64-Bit
          Hold the Windows button and Pause/Break button at the same time. Itll pop up a window that looks like this
          and itll say 32 or 64 bit

Click For MRT

Comment

Thanks^^^ that's what I found I'm just waiting for stuff to download.

Comment

ok tried it but said the program couldn't locate any drivers that are compatible with the current software???

Comment

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

I've tried installing re-installing and everything I can think of and it's not working.

I'm so frustrated!! I'm going to try again later...

Comment

Not compatible with the current software means that you downloaded the wrong one (winxp when you should download win7) or your hardware is different. Not your fault, some laptops have different specs.

Go back to the page that I gave you , go to video/display, was there two drivers listed?

Graphics (‏2)NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE Graphics Driver
                  and
                  Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Can you try the mobile Intel one for me please? (assuming you downloaded the correct version for your operating system in our first attempt).

Note*- To help us out you have to check what video card is being used right now in your laptop. Goto Start, in the search (or run box) type devmgmt.msc and hit OK. Expand the display adapter section and tell me what is listed.
                  Also tell me if there are any yellow exclamation marks in this device manager window.

Thanks

Comment

system restore to a few days to a week ago

Comment

have you tried going to the device manager and just manually clicking on your "display adapter" to update your drivers? you can even roll back on drivers just in case your current one, even though it might the most up to date, is mal-functioning.

to get there just right click on your "computer" icon on your desk top and click on "manage"

Comment

^^ both good ideas. Note = with system restore you will lose any installed programs that were installed after the point you're restoring to.

& as Leung pointed out, no harm in re-installing the video card driver over top of itself. Fixes many problems.

best of luck

Comment

mobile intel(R)4 series express chipset family.

I'm going to try and update from the inside

Comment

If i were you i would get a mac,,,, mac is where its at

Comment

it also sais everything is up to date when I did what leung sugested

Comment

Working...
                              X