Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Thinking about coming back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about coming back...

Every since i sold my Accord I have missed it more then i thought i would.. I bought a Miata thinking it would be awesome to track and fun to run around in.. Well i want my accord back...

Im thinking of going and getting a 9293 EX.. Now then.. what i want it for is a daily.. and i would honestly not want a manual for that as i do sit in some traffic.. What i want to do though is a H swap with and auto.. has it been done and is it even worth it?

What do you guys think?
    1996 Honda Shadow VT1100C

Sold
    1993 Honda Accord 10th Ann

Moved to OT instead of deleting the thread for a non-descriptive title and non-technical question...

But to answer the question, plenty of people have done an auto H22. It's not quite as fun, but it's not bad. There were auto Preludes from the factory (and a matching Prelude auto tranny will make it a bit more fun.)
    accordtunerx, this site's founder, had an auto h22 swap before he converted to manual.

Comment

Whoops, sorry about that. but thank you. So do you have to use the auto out of the lude or does the stock trans hold the h motor okay?
      1996 Honda Shadow VT1100C

Sold
      1993 Honda Accord 10th Ann

Comment

Stock will be fine, but the gears are long. Takes some fun out of it.

Comment

OP, buy the H22 with mating H-series auto trans. Keep it simple. IMO, you should mate the automatic transaxles with proper engine, as they are intended for it by design. Makes even more sense to do so versus M/T by function.

About your topic of coming back to/missing the CB7 Accord. I too miss daily driving one, as I've had another DD now and been driving that for past 2-3 years. Still have a CB7 project car, but can't wait to drive and get back to the more raw/more road feedback feeling. For me that adds to the fun of driving. The newer cars are more refined and lose some of that driver feedback.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Be sure to get the appropriate TCU as well. The Accord TCU will shift earlier than the Prelude TCU, and you'll miss out on the upper end of the H22's powerband.

Cisco, you need a Lotus! (I want one, or a Cayman... but I have no way of justifying either as long as I have the CB, and I'm not ready to give that up!)

Comment

I want an H22 cb daily bad.

If i got a project cb, i wouldn't need to worry about the misses driving it, so manual would be fine.

I miss driving mine daily. Your so right about the road response from older cars.

Newer cars practically drive themselves.....we have a 2009 CR-V and I love it, but you can feel the difference of 20+ years of r+d.

Eh.

Good luck on the seach.

Hopefully one day i can get back into one.

Comment

I say do it, pussy!

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
                  I say do it, pussy!
                  i agree, just minus the pussy part lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                    I want an H22 cb daily bad.

If i got a project cb, i wouldn't need to worry about the misses driving it, so manual would be fine.

I miss driving mine daily. Your so right about the road response from older cars.

Newer cars practically drive themselves.....we have a 2009 CR-V and I love it, but you can feel the difference of 20+ years of r+d.

Eh.

Good luck on the seach.

Hopefully one day i can get back into one.
                    If you think about it, 4 cylinder, sub-3000lb cars that make 200+hp are still considered pretty high end these days! I mean, you can get a turbo or V6 making 220-300hp, but NA 4 cylinder power at 200hp is limited to what... Civic Si, and not much else. And I believe the Civic Si is about the same weight as a CB7.

It's funny, even though cars today definitely look and feel more modern, I STILL feel that the CB7's interior quality surpasses that of my 09 Fit. The CB7 is an old car, but it's still a great car.

(all this is agreeing with you, not arguing... )

Comment

Working...
                    X