Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ditching the DD CB7 for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roketdemon02 View Post
    my wife has the cl fully loaded with leather, bose system, nd the 3.0 vtec will lift the front when u floor it.we only paid 4500 for it
    ya ive ridden in one with just an intake, will spank my cb7 even though its auto. too bad he wouldnt race me.

they arent bad on price at all I just dont think id be completely satisfied with one of those. which little do i know i will never be completely satisfied, especially with an RX-8! hah

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
      My argument is not about the seats but the dumb door design they came up with which my guess they stole from the F150 extended cabs. The RX7 was more highpowered, I still think Mazda-Ford took a step back.

As far as the OP, not sure what budget you are looking at, overall, monthly, financing, etc.. but I will say at 20 yrs old you probaby don't have a very good credit history as you haven't really had enough time to generate any. With that said you probably won't get the best interest rate. Financing will require full coverage as well. You could easily put yourself between four to five hundred a month for the car and ins. Just something to think about, been there done that. Car payments suck
      Yes your right I have no credit lol , ive only had a REAL job for the last 9 months (worked under the table, made good money for the past few yrs)
      Im actually getting a co-sign from my dad as well as going on his insurance (now i sound like a kid) because I can and it's cheaper,, way cheaper. I actually wouldnt be able to remotely afford any of this without my dads help. Im allowed to be on his ins. till im 25 (another 5 years) and thats how long im financing it for hoping to have it paid of early. or sold.
      Actual costs now that im doing that looking at about 300 a month for insurance and car payment,, not too shabby.

I forgot Mazda and Ford were together....... ewwwww
      Last edited by claud122003; 03-13-2012, 06:36 PM.

Comment

I wanna give a general update to my fellow cb7 enthusiasts about getting a new car. Because I kindof need help on making my decision or atleast someones reading this that has already been though this tough of a decision of ditching the daily driver CB, not that I want too i just want a/c and more reliable in the long run. I consider the cb7 breakable it might not be there every morning so I'm basically looking out for myself.

the cars im going to purchase.

1. Mazda Rx-8 (probably going to be alot more maintenance costs then I think but its a fun car)

2. Scion Tc (ok car, good gas, reliability, (i have the hookup on the $$ of OEM toyota parts, less fun then a rwd sports car)

thats it, what else should be looking at. I dont even like tc's that much,, I dont even like rx8's.. I like cb7's lol

Comment

I'm surprised you removed the TSX off your list. Of the two cars you've narrowed it down to, the tC is the reliable choice. Based on the description of what you're looking for, this would be the way to go.

You mentioned dropping the TSX because it is slow. The tC produces less power, is slower, less fun to drive, and is just as difficult to find with a manual. And by the way, have you ever sat in one? The blindspots around the rear-quarter pillars are HUGE! Furthermore, the short gearing of the 6MT TSX makes the car feel damn quick.

I've driven both automatic and manual TSXs, and I can attest that the automatic transmission completely changes the car's personality (watered-down and boring). Buy the manual, and I guarantee you will have fun every day driving it. If you like the CB7, you will LOVE the Acura.
          Last edited by Nurega; 03-13-2012, 07:54 PM.
          Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
          2005 Acura TSX 6MT
          2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
            I'm surprised you removed the TSX off your list. Of the two cars you've narrowed it down to, the tC is the reliable choice. Based on the description of what you're looking for, this would be the way to go.

You mentioned dropping the TSX because it is slow. The tC produces less power, is slower, less fun to drive, and is just as difficult to find with a manual. And by the way, have you ever sat in one? The blindspots around the rear-quarter pillars are HUGE! Furthermore, the short gearing of the 6MT TSX makes the car feel damn quick.

I've driven both automatic and manual TSXs, and I can attest that the automatic transmission completely changes the car's personality (watered-down and boring). Buy the manual, and I guarantee you will have fun every day driving it. If you like the CB7, you will LOVE the Acura.
            The TSX is still on the mind, there isn't any manuals out there. NONE. Not trying to go with an automatic just yet(watered-down and boring like you said, is just how i would put all autos IMO). however, the tc's are very plentiful where i live most of them being manual actually. I havent found a good, low mileage one where I cant resist the deal or anything like that but i'm still looking.

I do know the comparison your talking about i only found one had wayy to many miles but was awesome to drive still,, soo smooth. Then you keep reminding yourself your driving a nice leather luxury car haha
            Last edited by claud122003; 03-13-2012, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by claud122003 View Post

Bike: i have hundreds of hours on a dirtbike basically grew up on 2 wheels is what I feel like. My dads always had bikes (cbr zx6r,r6) I just havent got my shit together enough yet to get one.. As far as where I live (the largest city In the U.S. keep in mind) plenty of highway, backroads, busy roads, suburbs, and downtown of course. Every kind of riding scenery is here except for mountains lol. I do drive down a main road in my daily commute to work, almost get in a fender bender daily. Being on a bike in traffic like that I have to have really loud exhausts or be careful i guess..

HHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Do me a favor and don't get a motorcycle please.
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
              X