Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Sell the Nissan for H swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sell the Nissan for H swap?

Some of you may recognize the truck I speak of. I bought my 88 Nissan 4x4 for $2100 about 7 months ago. I have put a couple hundred dollars into it. Its been up for sale for a while, there are a few people interested. It's listed for $3000. I really like the truck, but if I sell it I woul have a nice lot of cash for the accord... I don't need to sell it, pretty much the only reason is to put the money into the accord. How much would you take? I feal like I should be happy with $2500, bit every little bit more would mean more money for the accord! It's such a hard decision.... say I sold it for $2700. You guys think that would cover most of an Hswap?
    Last edited by SASKCB7; 03-09-2012, 01:20 AM.

You tell me man, Price it out. How much can you get a H22 for, with or with out transmission (LSD or not) is probably the biggest factor. Probably 500 in parts to rebuild it ( timing belt, seals, gaskets etc).
    wat?

Comment

Well....do you really need the truck? It eliminates the costs of running 2 vehicles.

The Accord does everything the truck can do....except go offroad. And even then you still got stuck.

Comment

Ive got to call h motors and to see what there prices are, they don't have em listed online ATM. Found one on eBay, with Tranny, looks like they have good reviews, was $1880 shipped. No alt, idk what else was missing.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
          Well....do you really need the truck? It eliminates the costs of running 2 vehicles.

The Accord does everything the truck can do....except go offroad. And even then you still got stuck.
          Haha, that was a big mf pile of snow. I do hunt alot in the fall, would like to hual a trailer for camping in the summer. But I see the truck becoming more of a money pit soon. I could also save for a cheap beater truck. The big nomination to sell the truck is to make my accord one of a kind, and quick

Comment

If you can get that much for an 88, I'll be surprised... regardless of condition. Still, if you can get that much, it will definitely cover an H swap. Especially if you do it yourself.
            Just do your research on where you get the engine. I tell US residents to go with hmotorsonline.com, but that may not be the most cost effective route for you to go. Many of the Canadian engine resellers will screw people in the US (because the cost of fighting an international legal battle is far too great for anyone to bother for a $1500 engine...) but they may not treat a Canadian so poorly.

Comment

I've gotten quite a few interested guys
              . A few from a distance which is unusual to me. I would. Deffinetly be doing it myself. I know of h motors, I couldn't find an H22 though.. Only the H23A vtec, with lad tranny was about $1900 before shipping. Any clue what the H22a costs there, red top too?
              I will deffinetly be looking for feedback on sellers. I'm curious about trusting eBay sellers. I understand anyone can post an engine on there, but if an eBay seller seems to have good reviews can they be trusted?
              This looked like a pretty good deal, but it doesn't have an alt, doesn't say anything about sensors.
              http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...#ht_3827wt_689
              Last edited by SASKCB7; 03-09-2012, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Don't bother with the red top. The extra cost isn't worth the extra 20hp. You can add that much more power with mods for less money.

hmotors has H22s, trust me... their site is just a pain in the balls to navigate. It hasn't changed since I bought my H22 back in 03. You'll probably do better finding a Canadian company, though. If you can, find one that will let you pick your motor in person.

Comment

Okay, thanks for the tops deev. I don't know of any places in my area that would have motors. Possibly 2 hours away, if not next city that would have em is 10 hours away..

Comment

Do it. Honda fo lyfe.
                    Jay
                    HondaLina
                    91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Hey Mikey. Have you heard much of Jdmsource? They are in Calgary, I can't remember how I heard of them. But they seem to be a reputable company, plus good prices, just over $2000 shipped, plus comes with Ecu, water pump, sensors, mani, down pipe, ps pump, everything. Doesn't say anything about LSD though. I hevtn done much research on them anyways, don't know how much of a bonus it is.
                      Last edited by SASKCB7; 03-09-2012, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Never even heard of them. I don't deal with any local shops, tuners or anyone else for a matter of fact.

I source all my parts from the JY, ebay, kijiji, the forum or DIY it.

Comment

Okay, Thanks anyways

Comment

Working...
                          X