Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice.

I have had two job offers in the last two days. One is working a little over a hour away. This job pays more and gives me dental, vision, and health along with paid vaction and more room for improvement.

The second job is fifteen minutes from my house. It pays less but I'll save 50 bucks a week in gas. I will not recieve any insurance or a 401k.

I am asking this forum for some advise. I am still young (21) and just finishing my first degree. Thank you for any remarks.
    Originally posted by Dr. Shuffles
    Prius? Fuck that shit. I can't afford those things. Why do you think I'm driving a Honda that's old enough to buy beer?

You have to sit down, and determine your priorities. If you can juggle the hour drive, and school, then I'd go for that. Health insurance is very important, and it would be a no brainer for me.

If you cant, then consider the nearby job offer, and you'll have more time to focus on school. Again, its all based on you priorities, and if you can handle the everyday challenge.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

I'm actually finishing school online. I am thinking I'll take the longer drive. It's not a lot of a raise but it's a future and I can move up in the company if I want.
      Prius? Fuck that shit. I can't afford those things. Why do you think I'm driving a Honda that's old enough to buy beer?

Comment

Originally posted by cbh23 View Post
        I'm actually finishing school online. I am thinking I'll take the longer drive. It's not a lot of a raise but it's a future and I can move up in the company if I want.
        Then go for it man, and wish you the best of luck. Sounds like a great opportunity.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

longer drive! it means you can drive your CB more
          Originally posted by deevergote
          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Have you thought of moving?
            cb7sk8rdude

Comment

you need to look at it from more ways than just pay, perks, and distance. I assume you are still attending school and plan to for a while longer since you mentioned finishing your FIRST degree.

Which one is more flexible and works better for school? will you be able to handle the load of school and that job? What is it that YOU want?

Comment

From my understanding out of the two offers the furthest one will give you both money and opportunity while the closest job will only give you convenience.

If my understanding is right I will go with the furthest job (opportunity and money). Even if I break even with the fuel and distance offsetting the better pay, you will get the opportunity (and more pay in the future) which you will not have with the other job.

Remember opportunities for advancement are rare in the working life and if you dont have the money (buying ownership etc) you cannot afford opportunities.
                Rides:

Accord
                92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

I made the choice. For the higher paying job. I think it was the right one. 20 minutes into my tour of my office and getting to know my staff I ran into the vip guest of the night. It was a hungover Kid Rock. Lol. It was around 2 that afternoon.

Comment

Good choice. Worth the drive for all the right reasons. What kind of work is it? Will the degree help in that job? Some places give you a raise after you have the degree. Hungover Kid Rock huh...guess you do have incentive for advancement. Was he "Singing Sweet home Alabama All Summer Long"?

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                    New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                    My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

I'm managing roomservice for a Hardrock Hotel. The actual Hardrock resort here is owned by the Cherokee Nation. Since I am a member they will pay for my schooling as long as I get a degree that can relate or help the nation. There's a good chance for me making my way into a office job for corprate work.

Comment

Sounds like everyone else has already given you sound advice. If it something that you can use your schooling for, and then move up once you graduate...duh, no brainer. Also, since you are still in school can you manage school/homework with the extra commute?
                        Dylan Prichard : 812-595-1072

92 cb7: DX, coupe, 5spd, leather.

Comment

Plus your insurance coverage will cost you about 40-60 bucks a week depending- along with your travel expenses. Id stay stay close and dont hurt yourself lol

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                            Plus your insurance coverage will cost you about 40-60 bucks a week depending- along with your travel expenses. Id stay stay close and dont hurt yourself lol
                            It's tribel. For myself (health, dental, vision, 38k life insurance) is 27.54 every pay period. I'm half way threw my first week and have my first day off tomorrow. I'm enjoying my work so far. I've had no major accidents and have met some very famous and powerful people. Not bad for being 21. :P

Comment

Working...
                            X