Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

53 retro corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

53 retro corvette

Only 200 made pretty cool looking

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

That is incredibly f'ugly.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Not a big fan!

The back end looks way too big for that rounded styling. The front grill looks like it is pushed out too far. Kind of like it is out there to accommodate something. On the original the grill is back behind the two piece crome bumpers.

It is a good likeness. However the new body style that they had to work from just doesn't do the 53 style any justice. The rear end is just to high to begin with.If they had of lowered the truck line in the back and pushed the grill back in the front. It might have looked more appealing to me. Picky picky eh!
      Last edited by GhostAccord; 02-24-2012, 01:35 PM.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Didnt some rapper ask WCC to do some kind of retro 50s Corvette...?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

The doors don't fit with the look of the front and rear, i don't think... and the wheels should be changed from the regular modern Corvette wheels.

It's interesting, but I've seen one-off home-made projects that i liked better (like a late model Monte Carlo converted to a Studebaker-esque thing... really neat looking.)

Comment

I think things like these need to stop. They're atrocious abominations to the cars they're paying tribute to. You can buy '53 Corvette kit cars and build one to your liking. I don't get this.

Did anyone see the New Edge Mustang converted to look like an '05-'09? I honk it was even available in kit form.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I wouldn't want one I haven't ever seen a car like this. Thats why I thought it interesting is all.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
              It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

It is interesting but there's a lot more going on here, lol.

Jarrett, I agree. It's one thing to do a resto and give it new leather and digital gauges and a new, beefier motor, but even the OEMs are doing it.

Look at the Malibu or the Impala. Back in their haydays, those cars were BAD ASS. Nowadays, with the slight exception of the Impala SS, they're weenie-mobiles meant for "families" and moms who want "the best gas mileage in it's class".

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Looks like complete ass. It looks more like ford last generation thunderbird than a vette and ford actually pulled that one off pretty well! for this creature!

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                  Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                    Looks like complete ass. It looks more like ford last generation thunderbird than a vette and ford actually pulled that one off pretty well! for this creature!
                    You must've missed the memo...

With sales dropping off significantly after its first model year, Ford decided to make the 2005 model year the Thunderbird's last with no scheduled successor.

Comment

I wasn't talking about the sales quite frankly i don't care if they sold 3 the look of the car was substantially better than this vette without a doubt.

Nothing the new generation trys to make beats the classics reguardless.

02 Crv
                      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

That's horrible. I've seen conversions using C5 Vettes to make them look like 57-60 Vettes and the style flows much better.

Comment

idk why they went through the trouble. the stock form looks great. dont get me wrong i wouldnt buy one but as for exterior looks they did a good job.
                          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

I would rather have the Prius
                            FA1

Comment

X2

Id rather drive the prius, that shit is fugly as faaaa

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Working...
                              X