Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Anyone else in a band?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
    We werent into them but we used to joke that I was like the bassist from New Found Glory. There's another band with a fat bassist but I cant remember at the moment. Maybe Papa Roach...?
    Atlanta Rhythm Section

dunno how i double posted, sorry about that,
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      To me, it just seems right for the bassist to be the biggest, most awkward guy in the band. It suits the position. It suited me.
      iknorite!?! The other guys are talking to chicks and they're like, "Him? Oh, he's just our bassist..." Lol.

"Dont mind me. Im just the quiet, fat guy in the band."

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

HaHa our bassist is chubby too, so random i never really thought to pay attention to what a person looks like in a band, i was too interested or disgusted in the music to care. check this bass video dude plays a 9 string like a pro! not one fuck up the whole song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLeXaxlSbc8

Originally posted by wed3k
        are you serious? thats like blaming the rubber because you didn't get the right size for your dick.

Comment

I appreciate the talent, but I hate any bass with more than 4 strings... I'm a snob. IMO, if you can't play something on a 4 string, you're relying on a gimmick.

To me, this is some of the most amazing bass playing (and overall musical composition.) I'm pretty sure I actually competed against a number of the guys in this band back in my highschool jazz band days. They're all from NJ, and most of them are my age. My school's band was one of the best in the state, winning that title 3 out of 4 years I was there.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvbn3FJwqDo

I would truly love to play in a band like that... but I could never come close to writing music like that, or being able to find enough reliable and talented musicians to pull it off!

Comment

yeah i've never really been into punk/ska. that whole stereotype against those genres that if you dont have musical talent, you play punk, has always been exhibited to me from any punk genre band i have ever seen live. which isnt many by the way, thats where my general knowledge of the genre comes from, as i dont choose personally to liten to it. i dont have anything against it tho just not my cup of tea. as with the song and band that you posted, focusing solely on the bass alone it is most definetly impressive. i like how he almost takes a lead role while accomplishing to follow the roll of bass and keep time with the drums and the over all theme of the song. good stuff forsure as far as composition "as you said" and song writing goes.
            Last edited by brutalcb7; 02-18-2012, 02:30 PM.

Originally posted by wed3k
            are you serious? thats like blaming the rubber because you didn't get the right size for your dick.

Comment

Working...
            X