Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Anyone else in a band?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else in a band?

I'm in DMariana, A metal band that was formed after my former band Hariot broke up. As of now i'm the only guitarist but were hoping to change, that just waiting for the right person. were about show ready, prolly april is when we will start playing shows. I play guitar, and have been playing for around 6 years. Here is a ROUGH new song me and my drummer just recorded tonight. let me know what you guys think! It's just me and him not all members. http://www.box.com/s/qsr4cs9tnoros7hzjrrl
    Last edited by brutalcb7; 02-17-2012, 08:34 PM.

Originally posted by wed3k
    are you serious? thats like blaming the rubber because you didn't get the right size for your dick.

Cool man. Listened to that song. Liked it right off the start!

I like your guys' sound.

Comment

Thanks man, we are going into the studio as a full band hopefully around late may, early june. if anyone is interested i have more songs i can post.

are you serious? thats like blaming the rubber because you didn't get the right size for your dick.

Comment

bands are for sissys

Comment

Awesome. Good luck with that.

Any chance we can hear some more of your stuff?

Comment

I like it it'd be cool if I could hear it with all members. You have a vocalist right? Be nice to hear some words in there haha.

Comment

Originally posted by OBSrt View Post
              bands are for sissys
              You spelled sissies wrong

Here is our newest song recorded last night, once again just me and the drummer sorry. we have practice as a full band tomorrow so we'll try and record as a full band for you guys. http://www.box.com/s/hru83btva25co1zu3lvh Mind you this song was just made and is only been completed 2 days so obviously its not as tight as it will be. keep the feedback cummin!
              Last edited by brutalcb7; 02-17-2012, 07:31 PM.

Comment

w000000t more angry white boy music. Sounds good to me.

I like this kind of stuff anyways. I have such a broad taste in music from country to heavy metal.

Comment

Thats it bro! i appreciate any type of musical talent, all tho i hate country as music, the talent of a good country guitarist is amazing, from a guitar stand point, country incorporates blues, jazz, and traditional rock technique. its impressive. i definetly like metal style guitar the most tho, if your a musician and understand time signatures and scales, and off time note variations, its practically impossible not to atleast respect good metal. dont get me wrong tho in my opinion there is some horrible metal being put out these days. i.e. the new lamb of god album. wow fail. you canadians to me have some of the most technical, and intense metal out there. check out "The Last Felony" they are from montreal. or "Despised Icon" there rad too

Comment

I have zero musical talent whatsoever, which is a shame.

I don't really listen to very much new metal though, but I'm big into bands like Soilwork and that kind of style.

Canada has such a fantastic music scene. From country to anything inbetween, I think we have some of the best current and past artists out there....except Bieber.

I find Toronto, and particularly Ontario itself has a very very strong music scene. Most Canadian bands or artists that you can probably name off the top of your head are from there.

Comment

Some of the new really technical metal bothers me. It's all technique, and no soul. Then again, much of my metal taste is in the slower doom/death vein (My Dying Bride), or Greek black metal (Rotting Christ, Varathron, Elysian Fields.) Most of the music in those styles relies on atmosphere, overlaying melodies, and steadily intensifying rhythm. The artistry is more in the song structure and execution than in the technical skill.

I've only played in punk bands myself, though.
                      www.myspace.com/theparkway (recent, broke up officially maybe 2 years ago)
                      http://www.myspace.com/onetimeonlyband (broke up nearly 10 years ago)
                      The lead singer is the same in both bands. I sang a few songs, and played bass. A 1987 Peavey Foundation fretless 4 string with Rotosound black nylon flatwound strings is my weapon of choice.

As for Canada, I agree that there's some amazing music coming out of there... though every generation of Canadian artists has that one total embarrassment... Bryan Adams, Nickelback, Bieber... It happens. I come from the land of Snooki, so I can't judge!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Some of the new really technical metal bothers me. It's all technique, and no soul.

As for Canada, I agree that there's some amazing music coming out of there... though every generation of Canadian artists has that one total embarrassment... Bryan Adams, Nickelback, Bieber... It happens. I come from the land of Snooki, so I can't judge!
                        I can sort of agree with that, as far as bands such as "viraemia" and "necrophagist" and i see what you mean by no soul, pertaining to flow of the song, but i don't think you could relate that to composition as easily, obviously with technicality comes mass knowledge of scale structure, and tonality in general, the hours spent mastering muscle memory and picking technique alone is amazing. if you were to compare this type of "extreme" metal to the likes of alvin lee, joe satriani, etc etc then i can see where one might assume the "lack of soul"

and i swear you never cease to suprise me deev, honestly i would have never guessed you were a musician

dude nickelback rocks i keed i keed

Comment

So i just took some quick pics of my gear off my cellphone

Peavey 6505+ 120 watt all tube head
                          esp ltd deluxe h-1001
                          marshall 4x12 with celestion vintage 30's
                          boss ns-2 noise suppressor pedal
                          30 rack of Red Dog.... what? Don't judge.

hoping to get an orange cab somewhere down the line, wont be soon considering the cab costs as much as i paid for my cb lol

Comment

Originally posted by brutalcb7 View Post
                            I can sort of agree with that, as far as bands such as "viraemia" and "necrophagist" and i see what you mean by no soul, pertaining to flow of the song, but i don't think you could relate that to composition as easily, obviously with technicality comes mass knowledge of scale structure, and tonality in general, the hours spent mastering muscle memory and picking technique alone is amazing. if you were to compare this type of "extreme" metal to the likes of alvin lee, joe satriani, etc etc then i can see where one might assume the "lack of soul"

and i swear you never cease to suprise me deev, honestly i would have never guessed you were a musician

dude nickelback rocks i keed i keed
                            Yeah, man... started playing Metallica riffs when I was 12. Moved on to jazz guitar, then picked up the bass because going from jazz guitar to punk guitar was awful! I even wrote some electronic music, but that seems to have all disappeared from the internet, and all my hard drives that had it have since died, I'm quite sure.

The "lack of soul" stuff I refer to is the uber-technical stuff like Meshuggah, and the bands they've influenced that are even moreso... The talent is AMAZING, but the music isn't there. There's no melody that I can hear. I understand brutal music, but even some of the really brutal bands in the past have had some form of melody in their music!
                            I suppose I see those bands the way you described country (which I also agree with you on.) The talent is respectable, but I can't get into the music.

I'll have to get good pics of my stuff.
                            Basses:

Peavey Foundation bass that I mentioned (my primary instrument, and my only fretless)
                            Mexican Fender Jazz bass
                            Carlo Robelli custom natural wood bass (before they became the Sam Ash house brand)

Guitars
                            2 Squier Strats (one Mexican, my original guitar, and one Japanese)
                            Ibanez Artcore hollowbody electric (the guitar my guitarist/singer played in The Parkway)
                            Takamine passive electric acoustic (what i play most often, it's always right next to me.)
                            and a couple junk guitars that get cannibalized... a Hohner strat copy, and a Kay starter guitar... my dad found them for me about 15 years ago.

Amps
                            A couple Fender practice amps for bass and guitar
                            A Fender 2x10 combo (I forget what it is... it's currently in my friend's basement)
                            An Orange Tiny Terror
                            Fender cab... 4x8 or 4x10... I forget what's in it... bought from my singer/guitarist, along with the Orange and the Ibanez.
                            Ampeg B2R head
                            Ampeg IsoVent cab (WEIRD cab, heavy as shit... they only made like 530 of them)

I also own one and a half drum kits... a small Gretch "lounge kit" that my drummer bought to play in a punk band (he's an idiot), and parts of the kit he used before that, which was a Premiere kit... quite good, actually... sadly, he lost some pieces, like the bass drum (how the hell do you lose a bass drum!)

I have a small recording rig as well, but I have yet to hook it up.

I basically bought everything from my band when we broke up. My drummer got married, and my singer got divorced... both needed cash. I, on the other hand, am smart enough to remain single!

Comment

The markIII is a sick head! i wish our bassist had one, he plays out of a gallien krueger i forget what model, its ok. i'm sure it would sound better out of a different cab, he has a 2x15 setup right now, personally i prefer an 8x10 or 8x8. I like bass to be really punchy, and smooth. you got a pretty sweet collection goin there! seems like all you really need is a PA. Then you'd just have to hook up the combo to ur belt, tape a cymbal to your head, a mic to your mouth, a kick drum, and a pedal rigged to a snare, bam your jammin again! i'd love to take that orange combo off your hands! It'd be nice to have a practice amp to jam on instead of just the half stack. would you be willing to let it go?

Comment

Working...
                              X