Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rims

What are the largest rims a coupe cb7 can take?

Here's one on 20"s

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I'll keep my personal opinions to myself as I'm a fan of 16s myself, but does that even drive well enough to be considered streetable?
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

i seriusly dont get why people like to put such big wheels on small cars, if you like that type of wheel size and looks then you should get a suv or truck where they actually look good. just my 2cents here.

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
        My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

That looks redonkulous. 18s look great, 19s start to push it, but that's just tasteless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            I'll keep my personal opinions to myself as I'm a fan of 16s myself, but does that even drive well enough to be considered streetable?
            It probably does as long as he doesn't floor it on the turns :P

Originally posted by Ravens_CB7 View Post
            i seriusly dont get why people like to put such big wheels on small cars, if you like that type of wheel size and looks then you should get a suv or truck where they actually look good. just my 2cents here.
            That's not even big! go down south where they put them HUGEEEEE rims on those weird colored cars. plus I guess it looks alright.
            only Thing that sucks about big rims is that the tires would cost alot of money won't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo617 View Post
              That's not even big! go down south where they put them HUGEEEEE rims on those weird colored cars. plus I guess it looks alright.
              only Thing that sucks about big rims is that the tires would cost alot of money won't they?
              of course, the bigger the rim and tire you get the more you will pay.if you like that look, even on small cars then thats your preference. but imagine driving like a grandma because of the big wheels (if you put the hugee!! ones) lol and it would be hard to drive. lets say you're about to crash and you cant maneuver in time you'll just run over the other car like a monster truck lmao!!

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
              My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

Thanks guys, I want to do either 17 or 18's but I wasn't sure if they would rub in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens_CB7 View Post
                  of course, the bigger the rim and tire you get the more you will pay.if you like that look, even on small cars then thats your preference. but imagine driving like a grandma because of the big wheels (if you put the hugee!! ones) lol and it would be hard to drive. lets say you're about to crash and you cant maneuver in time you'll just run over the other car like a monster truck lmao!!
                  Yeah, haha. Wrecking into other people because you wanted to look like an idiot in a horribly-done car that can't drive safely on the road. You're right, that is funny.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I had 17s, only because the model I wanted wasn't available in our lug pattern in a smaller size. 15 or 16 looks good to me. However, I did like how my 17s looked.

To me, it looks like those 20s may be bigger than the CB7 should take... chances are good that the odometer reads slower than the car is moving.

I'd say no bigger than 18 for practicality... and anything 18 or under is all based on your particular taste. Just get wheels of the correct offset.

Comment

18s should be max

17s are good for going low for just functionality

16s and under are for the hard core slammed people

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

And 15s are for people who atleast keep em clean.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                          And 15s are for people who atleast keep em clean.
                          I have nothing against 15" rims, but half of the tires I am interested in only come in 16"+
                          1991 LX Wagon

Comment

having 20s is giving those stock brakes a hell of a time to stop.My cousin has 30s on his caprice with canary yellow candy paint and everything else chrome.I drive circle around him and go under him without my rack.lol

Comment

I have 20s on my cb9. I don't have any problems with turning or stopping. On
                              225/35/20 tires the ride isn't that bad. Iam thinking of getting rid of them because I want to tuck and with the tire I can't. Iam not going to run a 30 series tire on it because it's my daily. Don't want 19s even though I can tuck them, did that 10 years ago with bags, and the 18s I want are discontinued so I don't know what iam going to do. Might throw them on the 7 coupe I just picked up and umm "fit" a set of staggered 18/20s under the wagon

To fit 20s with no running I grinder my rear arms and plated them. Then cut out the rear fender lips. The front is direct bolt on as long as the wheel is 20x7.5. +35-42mm offset
                              Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 02-12-2012, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X