Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

RHD civic hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RHD civic hatch

Ok so I found a eg hatch shell for sale with a clear title dude is asking 500 for it and so I wanted to see what you guys think? So far from what I know car has a lot of work needed on it like doors interior and front support is bent but I think it's a good deal cause I have a feeling if I invest some money into it I can make a profit? But I'll post pics hopefully tomorrow
    Last edited by 10k; 01-30-2012, 01:17 PM.
    WHEN LIFE PASSES YOU BY...DOWN SHIFT...

It's a shell and even the shell needs work? Not worth it, unless you want to keep it. To get that car on the road you're going to have to dump a ton of money in to it and then register it which will cost more money. You will make no profit. I know that its a popular car and rare with the right hand drive but I just don't think it will translate in to any kind of profit.

Comment

If it was converted to rhd then registering it won't be an issue. Its not that expensive to build a shell...especially a eg the are a bajillion of them so finding parts is no issue
      My whips so clean I can see the reflection of your car in the reflection of my car on the reflection of your car

Comment

is it real jdm or a chop job.
        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Id say thats a good flip...if its a converted on, even better since registering it wont be a pain. You can at LEAST double your money w/o doing anything...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

What does "for sell" mean?

Anyway, for $500, if fixing it up is something you're capable of doing, then you might be able to make a profit. I'd say it'll take about $2000 to get it in good shape, doing most labor yourself. So you'll have a $2500 RHD EG. Will someone buy that car for more than $2500?

Comment

most people in the market for hatches wanna just race them or at least want a B or a K under the hood to go fast tokyo drift F&F style.

a stock completely minty clean USDM wouldnt sell for very much

a stock completely minty clean USDM converted to JDM can go either way depending on quality of work and ability to get an updated tag, inspection, & registration

a stock completely minty clean REAL JDM would sell for more. as far as profit i dont project very much.

both markets are severely limited. it honestly depends on your quality of work and marketing. OVERALL always be prepared to just keep it for yourself if no one is willing to pay what you have into it.
              frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Lmao

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by flatrex View Post
                  If it was converted to rhd then registering it won't be an issue. Its not that expensive to build a shell...especially a eg the are a bajillion of them so finding parts is no issue
                  I think it was converted? Not too sure but I'ma look into it more and from what I'm reading it seems harder to get the registered if it's jdm and easier if it's a conversion? Haha please explain to me a bit more
                  Last edited by 10k; 01-30-2012, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

Anyway, for $500, if fixing it up is something you're capable of doing, then you might be able to make a profit. I'd say it'll take about $2000 to get it in good shape, doing most labor yourself. So you'll have a $2500 RHD EG. Will someone buy that car for more than $2500?
                    Sorry typo I did post this thread half asleep haha.

And yes I don't think it's that bad since I've been in the business with cars for awhile as in finding good cheap prices on parts swaps and lots of good things as for all the labor that's on me it's easier said with a shop. Ha

Comment

Originally posted by cb7pr View Post
                      Id say thats a good flip...if its a converted on, even better since registering it wont be a pain. You can at LEAST double your money w/o doing anything...
                      Yes I agree with you I think if I spent a bit of money in it..I'll get some profit out of it cause out here in houston we got the westhimer area which Full of money packed jdm yo's haha and when I go out the this meet at this place called planet zero they are willing to buy peoples car as they are

Comment

Originally posted by 10k View Post
                        I think it was converted? Not too sure but I'ma looking into it more and from what I'm reading it seems harder to get the registered if it's jdm and easier if it's a conversion? Haha please explain to me a bit more
                        Yes, it's like registering any other LHD vehicle since its only a modification, and not an import with a foreign VIN.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by cb7pr View Post
                          Yes, it's like registering any other LHD vehicle since its only a modification, and not an import with a foreign VIN.
                          Ahh I got you makes perfect sense to me now haha thanks
                          Last edited by 10k; 01-31-2012, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X