Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

OEM style Fog light replicas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM style Fog light replicas?

Just curious, why don't any companies make OEM style fog lights for CB7s? I've seen them for a TON of other models, is it because they think there's no market for it? Because obviously there is...

1993 Honda Accord EX

i think after our gen of cars, they got smaller and easy to make. just stamp a steel bracket, mold a small amount of plastic and its done.

ours are quite larger than any other honda ive seen.
    COUPE K24

Comment

The market isn't as large as you might think.
      Depo used to make OEM style replacement fogs. They are now discontinued as well, and they're regarded nearly as highly as the OEM Stanley lights.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        The market isn't as large as you might think.
        Depo used to make OEM style replacement fogs. They are now discontinued as well, and they're regarded nearly as highly as the OEM Stanley lights.
        I have well over 100 cb7 in my scrapyard here in fredericksburg, and another 50 or so in stafford VA...

Im on the hunt for some fogs next weekend...

Would it be safe to assume people on here may need some, possibly a good idea for me to grab as many pairs as I can?? Or a waste of time? Im new so Im not sure how often people on here are looking for OEM fogs...

Comment

bb6 prelude fogs are most similar in shape check my sig.

and yes i would say oem fogs sell pretty well on here
          -Tyler

Comment

ive been looking online as well, for amber bumper signal lights... and fogs.. and both hard to find new.. found some winjet fogs, but they are fugly.. def would rather have that stock look...

I just picked up a 91 legend coupe lip yesterday for 16 bucks in mint condition... didnt wanna look for fogs as the yard was muddy and gf was tailing me... but im goin back and im sure ill find some, and extras..

Comment

Don't be so sure. I've found 4 pairs in 3 months, but I go often and I go to multiple places. If you have 100 you may be on to some, but if they've had enough time to accumulate that many then there's a good chance they have been picked over pretty well. But I suggest you don't try to sell them on here until you get 30 posts. It's not allowed. Also, just in general be careful with how you word your intentions so it's not construed as you trying to get things for others at this point. If you'd like, I can give you a list of things I check for on CBs when I go to the yard.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                Don't be so sure. I've found 4 pairs in 3 months, but I go often and I go to multiple places. If you have 100 you may be on to some, but if they've had enough time to accumulate that many then there's a good chance they have been picked over pretty well. But I suggest you don't try to sell them on here until you get 30 posts. It's not allowed. Also, just in general be careful with how you word your intentions so it's not construed as you trying to get things for others at this point. If you'd like, I can give you a list of things I check for on CBs when I go to the yard.
                yea i dont wanna get in trouble.... just curious for down the road to help others... or if I have a lot of extra parts, come time i get rid of my accord/s (if ever)..

id love a list.. i enjoy going to the pick a part yard on weekends! Im just getting started on my first accord... lip, fogs, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by 90blueCb7 View Post
                  ive been looking online as well, for amber bumper signal lights... and fogs.. and both hard to find new.. found some winjet fogs, but they are fugly.. def would rather have that stock look...

I just picked up a 91 legend coupe lip yesterday for 16 bucks in mint condition... didnt wanna look for fogs as the yard was muddy and gf was tailing me... but im goin back and im sure ill find some, and extras..
                  just curious if you have found any fogs? i would be interested in buying them if you did. but i might have to wait a week or two as i only have 12 post count and i need 30 to buy stuff i guess lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysson_2012 View Post
                    just curious if you have found any fogs? i would be interested in buying them if you did. but i might have to wait a week or two as i only have 12 post count and i need 30 to buy stuff i guess lol.
                    You can also get yourself banned just for saying you want to buy something from someone in this section I guess lol.

Comment

You can also get yourself banned just for saying you want to buy something from someone in this section I guess lol.
                      am i aloud to send private messages asking to buy?

Comment

Please go read the rules.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Will do.

you guys are harsh!! but i guess its for a good reason. since you guys are OGs i will listen.

no need to reply to this, i understand my place.

Comment

I'll respond for the benefit of others who read this.

The rules on this site are strict. On other forums you can sign up, ask a question that's been covered there 1000s of times over and get a response. Then because you didn't have to work for your answer it doesn't mean anything to you. There's a good chance that you won't do anything with that information either. Not to mention you likely may have found other options or perspectives to the point you proposed or the question you'd asked had you done a thorough search initially, which you've been robbed of if you're spoon-fed. This site is one dedicated toward a small niche. I'm sure tons of your friends think you're crazy for owning and being an enthusiast of a 20 year-old economy vehicle. So in order to keep a forum like that afloat a community needs to be developed and maintained. That is very much so thriving here today. And because of that there is a genuine interest from people to get involved and eventually contribute to the forum themselves. This environment could not exist without these rules. The popularity doesn't exist on its own.

That's just my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                            X