Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coilovers?

i was have seen alot of civic coilovers on craigslist for cheap these days and i was just wounding if they woud fit? i dont thank they would but just asking to make sure. or any other coils off ant other cars that would fit on my cb.

Safely a 94 to 97 accord will work. But um you can run civic sleeves but it wont be safe at all.
    Last edited by TracieS; 10-11-2011, 01:04 PM.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

ha i would rather stick with the accord coils lol.

Comment

Those coilover sleeves are probably universal. They sell the same set for Accords, Civics, Integras or whatever they just put a different label on it. They are wack, the spring rate is way too high and your ride will be terrible. But that doesn't seem to keep people from buying them, people like to be slammed out regardless of ride quality.

Comment

Tim aka Timmy0tool- has some nice coilovers for sale for damn cheap. Check HS or AWC

Comment

haha the rates will b different so u will most likely be bouncin everywhere, and they will most likely only let u slam your car or not go very high at all.

i would say save for a nice shock like koni and get some ground control sleeves. or save for full on peice coils.

Comment

I have D2s on my Accord and they are awesome. I'd say save up and get a set for your car.
              H23A-powered CB7 coming soon.....

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                Those coilover sleeves are probably universal. They sell the same set for Accords, Civics, Integras or whatever they just put a different label on it. They are wack, the spring rate is way too high and your ride will be terrible. But that doesn't seem to keep people from buying them, people like to be slammed out regardless of ride quality.
                This.

Those cheap-shit coilover sleeves are absolutely worthless, and even the ones "made for your car" are garbage. Get something quality. You'll also have to replace your shocks. DO NOT lower your car on stock shocks.

As for D2s... I know a few people on them. Some say they're good, some say way too stiff... some say they broke. I wouldn't get them, personally...

Comment

I haven't driven my Accord 100 miles since I got it so I can't even begin to speak much about them other than yes they are stiff.
                  H23A-powered CB7 coming soon.....

Comment

I just ordered my Function and Form type 2's for my 93 ex coupe. My buddy has some type one's on his four door accord and to be honest..this brand of coilover has felt the best.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUSTON_CB7 View Post
                      ..this brand of coilover has felt the best.
                      I think the OP was referring to cheapo sleeves, which is night and day compared to full coilovers.

Comment

Hey guys i need help too i wanna get the F&F type 2 for my cb if you know any place in cali or website where they go for around $600 please let me know i would apreciate it a lot my shocks are blown and i really need a new set up :/

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
                        My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

Originally posted by HOUSTON_CB7 View Post
                          I just ordered my Function and Form type 2's for my 93 ex coupe. My buddy has some type one's on his four door accord and to be honest..this brand of coilover has felt the best.
                          The Function and Form Autolife Type 2 coilovers are the ONLY ones on the market that were actually designed specifically for the 4th generation chassis, and not just hand-me-downs from 5th gen applications (which bolt up,and they will work, but they're not exactly right.) This is thanks in part to Stickydiljoe of The Chronicles.
                          F&F made a point of creating a very streetable coilover, that can be used with some degree of success on a track. They're quite possibly the best blend of performance and comfort you can buy.
                          I'm still curious to know where they're made, though. I haven't heard anything bad about them at all, but I still like to know the source of my parts.

Originally posted by Ravens_CB7 View Post
                          Hey guys i need help too i wanna get the F&F type 2 for my cb if you know any place in cali or website where they go for around $600 please let me know i would apreciate it a lot my shocks are blown and i really need a new set up :/
                          Read the rules before you get yourself banned.
                          Also, F&F is located in Cali... so you could go pick them up from them. I'd imagine that's the cheapest you'll find anywhere, straight from the company. They're not exactly a mass-market item. They're a small company.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            The Function and Form Autolife Type 2 coilovers are the ONLY ones on the market that were actually designed specifically for the 4th generation chassis, and not just hand-me-downs from 5th gen applications (which bolt up,and they will work, but they're not exactly right.) This is thanks in part to Stickydiljoe of The Chronicles.
                            F&F made a point of creating a very streetable coilover, that can be used with some degree of success on a track. They're quite possibly the best blend of performance and comfort you can buy.
                            I'm still curious to know where they're made, though. I haven't heard anything bad about them at all, but I still like to know the source of my parts.

Read the rules before you get yourself banned.
                            Also, F&F is located in Cali... so you could go pick them up from them. I'd imagine that's the cheapest you'll find anywhere, straight from the company. They're not exactly a mass-market item. They're a small company.
                            I know bro my bad its just that in the threads about the topics im looking for dont let me write replays idk why so i have no option but to find where i can close to the topic im searching for......do u have any ideas why they dont let me??thanks again.

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
                            My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens_CB7 View Post
                              I know bro my bad its just that in the threads about the topics im looking for dont let me write replays idk why so i have no option but to find where i can close to the topic im searching for......do u have any ideas why they dont let me??thanks again.
                              You are asking the site owner to explain you the rules in a topic in which all the rules are posted as stickies at the top of every sub forum you enter.

For your questions about the FF type 1 or 2, look in your local craigslist posting. I find them in SoCal for cheap, all the time.

I may be banned for telling you this info, so you better remember to thank me for leading you to find your suspension.

MRT

Comment

Working...
                              X