Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Buying carb plate for illegal Header?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying carb plate for illegal Header?!

Whats this i hear about people buying carb plates off of people who dont live in CA for their illegal Header?! Seems like kind of a smart idea... Any way the cops can tell if those plates are from a specific header??

If they know what they're looking at, sure.

Please don't discuss obviously illegal things on my forum. (I look the other way when it comes to street racing stories... that's as much as I'll put up with.)

Comment

Wouldn't it just be better to buy a legal header

Or not get pulled over so you don't need to be checked.

Comment

What's is this carb plate?
        We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
        Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

It's an emissions thing. In CA, any modifications must be CARB approved, and they must bear a number proving it. Only a handful of parts are CARB approved, because it is a very expensive process (and the parts obviously can't create any drastic change in emissions.)

Comment

Originally posted by dbales View Post
            What's is this carb plate?
            California Air Resources Board -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Califor...esources_Board

Originally posted by deevergote
            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

When douchebags stop driving their hummers all day with no passengers and no destination, I'll start giving a crap about my emissions. That being said, CARB part swapping to cheat the system seems like a pretty douchebag thing to do.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Just find someone outside of CA with some DC sport headers and offer to buy the sticker (meant to be attached to the rad support) from them. Got mine for $5.

Or just buy some used DC sport headers.

Comment

I didnt grow up seeing Dinosaurs so I dont care if my grandchildren dont see polar bears.

I work at a hardware store... Do you know electric tape was found by the state of california to cause cancer? Or plywood? or paint roller pads and pans or coated nails and clothes line wire?

I seriously need to take pictures of that shit. California's scientists are full of it.
                  -Will

Comment

Originally posted by Juicebox00 View Post
                    Or just buy some used DC sport headers.
                    ^this.

Not that a DC header (you only have ONE header on an inline 4...) does all that much.

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
                    I didnt grow up seeing Dinosaurs so I dont care if my grandchildren dont see polar bears.

I work at a hardware store... Do you know electric tape was found by the state of california to cause cancer? Or plywood? or paint roller pads and pans or coated nails and clothes line wire?

I seriously need to take pictures of that shit. California's scientists are full of it.
                    I'd say they're probably spot-on. Most of the crazy chemicals used in today's manufacturing processes are harmful to humans. Plus, in a study, if even the slightest hint of risk appears, they put that label on a product. It may or may not cause cancer, but at least nobody can sue if they get cancer, because they were warned.
                    You know those long lists of side effects that you hear on pharmaceutical commercials? "May cause headaches or nausea"... that could come from ONE test subject out of 2000 that just happened to be hung over as shit one day...

Anyway, I'm not as concerned with the effects on the environment as I am the effects on the laws that affect our hobbies. We like to modify our cars. In CA, it is much more difficult and expensive to modify a car legally than it is in the rest of the country. That's one of the reasons why most of the CA tuner cars you see are really nice... because the owner has to be really serious about it, rather than halfassed like most people elsewhere (the same goes for our friends in Europe and Asia... it's not cheap to modify a car there!)

When we bypass the laws, or abuse the freedoms that we currently have... the laws eventually become much stricter. Right now, you can roll around Alabama with no cat, and nobody cares... Even though it's still technically against the law (it's a federal law that cats are required.) But if too many people start doing it, the government will start passing new laws. Next thing you know, cops will be sticking mirrors under every Honda they see, looking for a cat.

Comment

how often do the cops search under the hood?
                      Accord SE

93se
                      Members Ride
                      Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                      Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

In CA... whenever they want. If a cop is running short on his quota, and he sees a modified Honda, it's a good bet that pulling that Honda over and popping the hood will yield at least one ticket.

Elsewhere, almost never. But that can change if we abuse our freedoms.

Comment

I use to live in San Fran and I got stopped once in my hatch and was check by a cop and he told me they go to special training courses on street racing and they know what to look for and if its legal or not. Then warned me that my AEM cam gear wasn't legal and told me to fix it.
                          MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196248

Comment

such a headache to live there lol

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                            X