Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Nsx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nsx

Would you guys buy an NSX, I'm startin to fall in love with them again After the CB, I'm going big, here's what I found:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/2567531275.html

^^^ It looks nice and under 20 grand, maybe after I finish school I'll get one

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

hellz yea . there nasty ..

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

My uncle has a silver one, its so sexy in person and its so comfy to sit in, best of all its now affordable, along with maserattis, vipers, BMW, supras, rx-7s, and some ferraris.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Mk.4 Supra

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/2588688685.html

^ MK.4 supra twin turbo 6 speed for 20 grand, not a bad deal too

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

RX-7 Twin Turbo

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/2589472080.html

Not bad for under 10 grand

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

The NSX is amazing, and extremely reliable and affordable to own, given what it is. Still, they're very pricey. Even the oldest models still command a hefty price. A cheap one will have high mileage, damage, or some mechanical issues. I'd rather pay top dollar for one that was kept in like-new condition.

The Supra is amazing, but very often beat to death by this point. Again, finding an unmolested one is difficult, and pricey. They're also HEAVY beasts!

The RX-7 is beautiful... but so many owners don't understand the special needs of a rotary, OR of a turbo car. Put those together, and you get yourself an engine that's about ready to blow. Plus, the transmissions are made of glass. Miss a shift, and you'll probably break the whole thing. The key to buying an FD (that you don't want to rebuild) is to buy from an enthusiast that left one unmodified, perfectly maintained, and drove it sparingly (the 13b, even when properly maintained, usually needs a rebuild by 100k miles.)

Comment

very nice deev, I finally met someone that can tell what a car is made of, can do, and what it advantages are right on spot, I like all these cars but with increasing gas prices I will wait, The NSX is for show, not racing, The supra is for just for a fun fast track car, and The Rx-7 would be for show and for the track, but I know what you mean about being unmolested, I have seen that people put in a LS1 in a rx-7, to me thats just stupid IMHO, you buy an import for an IMPORT performance, the veilside kit they made is nice but too much to for me, with the correct things going on the rx7 could be a beast, but like you said the tranny....every car has issues what are you gonna do?

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                The NSX is amazing, and extremely reliable and affordable to own, given what it is. Still, they're very pricey. Even the oldest models still command a hefty price. A cheap one will have high mileage, damage, or some mechanical issues. I'd rather pay top dollar for one that was kept in like-new condition.

The Supra is amazing, but very often beat to death by this point. Again, finding an unmolested one is difficult, and pricey. They're also HEAVY beasts!

The RX-7 is beautiful... but so many owners don't understand the special needs of a rotary, OR of a turbo car. Put those together, and you get yourself an engine that's about ready to blow. Plus, the transmissions are made of glass. Miss a shift, and you'll probably break the whole thing. The key to buying an FD (that you don't want to rebuild) is to buy from an enthusiast that left one unmodified, perfectly maintained, and drove it sparingly (the 13b, even when properly maintained, usually needs a rebuild by 100k miles.)
                An ls1 motor can do low 12's without a hitch from what ive heard. As far as an rx7 rotory engine man o man when the motor has one simple problem in it especially with the motor you gotta take that whole shit apart. When I opened up the hood of one and saw how small the engine was and how the intercooler in front stood up all funny it is very strange.

Supra is another monster it kind of reminds me of a spaceshit the shit is huge in person compared to seeing it on the screen. As far as the nsx if something breaks I dont think you can just buy another motor or tranny so be prepared and see the costs before you buy. 20 k is kinda steep for that car too.

Comment

Yeah, that's the problem with sport cars you need money! These cars are just ideas, I might consider getting another car in like 4 years, but I'm just browsing now....and I have seen all car parked next to each other, the nsx is a true head turner

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

You guys mentioned the supra but you did not mention which model mk3 or mk4?

Comment

mk.4 bro, and My dad has a 7 series, a sports sedan, guess how much he just paid for a USED mirror?

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
                        mk.4 Bro, And My Dad Has A 7 Series, A Sports Sedan, Guess How Much He Just Paid For A Used Mirror?
                        300?

Comment

close, 500 and it was used, out of state and it had to be repainted, RIDICULOUS huh!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

yeah I've got a buddy with an LS1 swapped RX7 and that car hauls ass. VERY reliable too. Idk how much the swap set him back though.

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

prolly 5g's Corvettes haul ass because they have an extremely advanced suspension set up, putting that in a light car will make it fly, but the bad thing is the cornering, its going at fast rates so it becomes more accustomed to straight lines, not rounded roads, the power is to much for the corners basically...props for work though, I give him that

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Working...
                              X