Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cant stand people bashing the entire honda company.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zmanwit90accord View Post
    While I agree with what you're saying, I think it's bigger than just bashing Honda. It's arguing a point that has no structure behind, you're just hating for the sake of hating.

Fanboyism aside, if someone were to come up to you and whole-heartedly argue something that makes no sense, wouldn't it strike you bothersome?
    Nope.

If you come up to me and try to argue with me over something that in my head i know to be going nowhere, im just going to find something more entertaining to do.

If someone wanted to sit me down and tell me how Honda was the worst Automaker ever, i would just respectfully decline and find something more interesting to do.

Why would i let it bother me?

It would just be a complete waste of BOTH our time.

If you want to sit down and discuss ALL automakers on the other hand, then thats cool.

Discuss politics.

Discuss the economy.

All fine.

But if all you want to do is try to make me see that Honda is a horrible company, or that i should get the Nikon D3100 over the Canon T2i or that your 16G iPhone is better then my 8G Fascinate....don't bother....i can name plenty of things that you CAN'T argue that cements my reasoning for choosing the other...

doesn't mean that i think NOONE should enjoy the other side.....but im just choosing to like what I want to like.

To each their own....that is what makes this world so awesome.....not sure why we like to exploit our differences....it never made sense to me.
    Last edited by Ralphie; 08-29-2011, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
      Nope.

If you come up to me and try to argue with me over something that in my head i know to be going nowhere, im just going to find something more entertaining to do.

If someone wanted to sit me down and tell me how Honda was the worst Automaker ever, i would just respectfully decline and find something more interesting to do.

Why would i let it bother me?

It would just be a complete waste of BOTH our time.
      Hmmm. What about if that something was more personal to you. You said something about bashing the CB itself to be more specific. Like Bashing Honda as a brand wasn't as personal for a cite dedicated to the CB.

Just trying to see where you're coming from, maybe I take things too personal. If someone were to insult Honda as a whole, with absolutely no reasoning behind it, from my past experiences, I'd be bothered and maybe even offended.

Comment

Ya i think you are taking it too serious.

If someone insults your ethinicity or background, feel free to be insulted and say something.

If someone comes up to you and says that all Honda fans should drop dead....that Honda is a waste of money on the global economy...

why even be insulted...

and this goes to what im saying with the race/ethinicity...

being insulted let's them WIN.

If you shrug it off and keep moving then THEY look like the asshole.

Once you get offended and start going back and forth, everyone looks like an asshole.

IDK maybe it is just me.

Im not saying you don't have the right to feel offended...just saying it is easy to rise above.

Look i <3 Honda.

I plan to have a Honda only house unless their reliability goes out the window.

It is all ive owned and all i plan on owning.

Does that mean i think that there are no other worthy makers? pfffft hell no.

I can name 10 cars right now id love to own that are NOT Honda.

I just prefer Honda...

and i realize that there are nuts who LOVE Nissan...and think Honda is pointless....

so i just don't feel like arguing about it anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by zmanwit90accord View Post
          While I agree with what you're saying, I think it's bigger than just bashing Honda. It's arguing a point that has no structure behind, you're just hating for the sake of hating.
          I agree with this.
          It's not really about fanboyism, but about countering a completely mindless argument that was presented for absolutely no reason.
          Kinda like pali mo's dinosaur thread. How many of us actually care that he thinks there's no such thing as dinosaurs? Are any of us dinosaurs? Does his belief affect our lives? No. However, because he presented what we saw as a ridiculous argument, the thread turned into a heated discussion (which I believe you took part in, Ralph...)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            I agree with this.
            It's not really about fanboyism, but about countering a completely mindless argument that was presented for absolutely no reason.
            Kinda like pali mo's dinosaur thread. How many of us actually care that he thinks there's no such thing as dinosaurs? Are any of us dinosaurs? Does his belief affect our lives? No. However, because he presented what we saw as a ridiculous argument, the thread turned into a heated discussion (which I believe you took part in, Ralph...)
            Yea you took what I meant to say Deev and put it into words.

I (now) see where Ralph is coming from though, about not taking trivial stuff too personally. I just also understood Mike's (OP) thoughts because it's happened to me as well.

Comment

Ralph does have a point about not getting worked up over something that doesn't personally affect you. I mean, I am not Honda. Honda's wellbeing does not affect my own. The opinions others have of Honda do not affect me. Even if their opinions were about CB7s in general.

However... people's feelings on the opinions of others regarding Honda also don't apply to me... so taking part in this very discussion is pretty much pointless.

Comment

Yes i did take part in his 'Dinosaurs don't exist' thread.

To me, what heated me the most, was his blatent disregard of what anyone was posting and his failure to use common sense(i.e. buyring bones all over the world in an elaborate hoax)

Sometimes people cannot be reasoned with.

Of course they get the better part of me, as i've clearly been banned over bs plenty of times.

Sometimes i see it for what it is and just walk away. (as i did with Geoff)

Comment

I have one word to contribute. Opinions. Every one has there own. Opinions are always based on two things in my book, most of the time, biased ignorance and life experiences. Because someone owns a ford mustang, they think ford is the best(biased ignorance). Someone owned a honda and it comlpetely shat out on them(life experience) or knew someone it happened to. You could prove them wrong but would they acknowledge your point? Who knows. I would rather spend time talking to a fellow enthusiast about the same thing.
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Screwing an STD-infested hooker works too... but it's not a great idea.

Comment

Exactly.
                    And opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one, nobody wants to hear it, and more often than not... they stink.

Comment

lol i didnt take what he said to heart it was just damn annoying and stupid and i was just ranting about it. like stated above there was no strong support behind his theory and i shut him down really quick as he had no response for what i stated towards his argument except him saying he agreed with me. he agreed that he only thought of honda in that way because of all the ricer fanboys driving civics that are stock and are trying to race and beat cars like a zr1 corvette or something that they cant beat. so he was basically putting the whole company into that group just because of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X