Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Should I pay this guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I pay this guy?

So this guy I was doing the brakes for like $30 bucks and he was lifting up his car and put the jack in the wrong place and told me to jack it up and the jack hit the AC Compressor. He told me it was cool and shit. Then he said can you try to fix it up and I said sure. We also washed him car and he gave me $10 but he lied to his dad and told him he paid me $150. Now hes bitching at me and I even told him id buy a compressor even if its not my fault because I dont want to no drama and hes saying I better and all that shit. Right now I dont feel like this guy should get shit from me but Im going to buy it. Just want some opinions on this

You could fight it, but if they wanted to make a big deal of it, the hassle would be worse than just paying and being done with it.

People have to understand that when they're getting an amateur to give them very cheap labor on their car (brakes cost like $100 at a shop, and they give you $20 pads!) then there are certain risks involved.

Also, whenever you work on someone's car... unless it's someone you know, and you're helping them... DO NOT let that person involve themselves in any way. If they knew what they were doing, they wouldn't be paying you. If they didn't know what they're doing, and they're paying you to do it, they need to stay out of your goddamn way!

Comment

I agree with Deev but kind of seems shady that he put the jack in then told you to jack it up, if he had already put the jack in why didn't he just jack it up himself. Do you know if there ac worked prior to you doing the job? Sounds to me they are just looking for a sucker to pay for an item that might have been broken in the first place.

Comment

Tell him you offer no warranty. If he wanted one, he could've gone to a shop.

Also, where did you get the idea to put the jack under the air compressor?

Comment

No... Its his fault for not knowing where to jack up a car and you should tell him that.
          Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
          93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

If he is unable to do brakes on his own why trust his jack placement?

What kind of car is this...? I am guessing not a CB7 since you only charged $30

The last thing I would want to do is waste my time working on a car for $30. Up your profit and make it worth the hassle. Set a price per hour you want and stick to it... EXAMPLE... If I am not making $150 an hour on some I wont do it.(besides friends, family) If people want to bargain I tell them to look for someone else because I am not starving. + cheap ass people = nothing but hassles. (hard to get big money on basically unskilled auto repair like brakes and crap though)

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
              If he is unable to do brakes on his own why trust his jack placement?

What kind of car is this...? I am guessing not a CB7 since you only charged $30

The last thing I would want to do is waste my time working on a car for $30. Up your profit and make it worth the hassle. Set a price per hour you want and stick to it... EXAMPLE... If I am not making $150 an hour on some I wont do it.(besides friends, family) If people want to bargain I tell them to look for someone else because I am not starving. + cheap ass people = nothing but hassles. (hard to get big money on basically unskilled auto repair like brakes and crap though)
              he didn't say he was doing rotors.

Comment

I wouldnt buy the guy crap.

It was his fault and he sounds like an immature punk lieing to his dad about it.

Dont feel guilty for his stupidity.

If his dad doesnt / didnt listen to what went down then he's as stupid as his son and they deserve nothing.
                Bought from: Jack_Lee, Hondaguy1212, cb7dazz, dannyd, frootloops, ncoutlaw, busak87, Losiracer2, KeeleDesign, 1993ACCORDMAN, gdout90accord, sikz6, Type_G

Sold to: 1993haccord, samrjr0044, blk91coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Zoom Zoom View Post
                  Tell him you offer no warranty. If he wanted one, he could've gone to a shop.
                  I couldn't have said it any better myself.
                  | Cali Accord Meet | FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

His AC was working. Also I met him a couple of times and I felt bad for me. Now hes bitching and all that. I told him lets not play the blame game cause you put it in the wrong place and I jacked it up. I should of checked it also so I blame myself for that but not for the AC and shit. Also, hes acting like a little kid I told him to find out a price for it and tell me then he was like why do I have to find and shit. I know its not my fault and I like that no warranty if you wanted one you could of went to a shop also the car is a Honda Civic EX 98

Comment

Why didnt you just put a poll on this thread?

Comment

Devil's Advocate: Yes you should pay him, if you really knew what you were doing you would have noticed that the jack was in the wrong place. That being said, if your not willing to accept the consequences, dont touch the car. Still sounds like a fucked up situation al the way around.
                        Originally posted by Mishakol129
                        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Clean it off real and put some cb weld on it then recharge it

Comment

he put the jack its his fault. i wouldnt give him anything. he probably did it on purpose cause he knew it was bad anyways. if im wrong im wrong and ill pay up and be honest but this guy is lying to his dad and lying about everything and expecting alot for nothing.
                            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by itsm3omg View Post
                              So this guy I was doing the brakes for like $30 bucks and he was lifting up his car and put the jack in the wrong place and told me to jack it up and the jack hit the AC Compressor. He told me it was cool and shit. Then he said can you try to fix it up and I said sure. We also washed him car and he gave me $10 but he lied to his dad and told him he paid me $150. Now hes bitching at me and I even told him id buy a compressor even if its not my fault because I dont want to no drama and hes saying I better and all that shit. Right now I dont feel like this guy should get shit from me but Im going to buy it. Just want some opinions on this
                              are you licensed? do you have your own shop? if not it is his fault for going to you and your fault for working on his car

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                              If I am not making $150 an hour on some I wont do it.(besides friends, family) If people want to bargain I tell them to look for someone else because I am not starving. + cheap ass people = nothing but hassles. (hard to get big money on basically unskilled auto repair like brakes and crap though)
                              you charge 150/hr in massachusetts? backyard mechanic and no shop right?

Comment

Working...
                              X