Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Roof Rack Sticky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roof Rack Sticky?

I was curious if anybody had a large amount of experience with roof racks and maybe felt like creating a sticky with pictures about which ones fit what cars,reviews,prices and what not? There are lowering,tinting,modding stickies but i can never find information about roof racks for cb7's, on this site, or anywhere else for that matter.

If nobody feels like doing that, im really just looking for cross bars and the mounting rails for my cb7 but i dont really care about functionality at all lol. So im not trying to spend hella money on a yakima or thule, just want the look as i wont be carrying any bikes or anything with it.

Appreciate help anybody has for me.

Originally posted by vdubyacb7 View Post
    I was curious if anybody had a large amount of experience with roof racks and maybe felt like creating a sticky with pictures about which ones fit what cars,reviews,prices and what not? There are lowering,tinting,modding stickies but i can never find information about roof racks for cb7's, on this site, or anywhere else for that matter.

If nobody feels like doing that, im really just looking for cross bars and the mounting rails for my cb7 but i dont really care about functionality at all lol. So im not trying to spend hella money on a yakima or thule, just want the look as i wont be carrying any bikes or anything with it.

Appreciate help anybody has for me.
    Not much to sticky. Just look up on the websites the correct towers and match the cross bars to it... Since you are just doing this for "show" for some reason its real simple... Just bolt it up and see if people are impressed in your "bike" rack minus any usefulness.
    http://www.thule.com/fitguide/index....n-US&Market=US
    http://fitlookup.yakima.com/fitlookup.aspx

Pretty much all you will find is Yakima and Thule.... Just find something used.
    Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 07-06-2011, 07:05 PM.

Comment

If you're looking for something quick and cheap to actually put something on I've got a set of the $40 universal ones from advanced/autozone/pepboys and they are alright.

I've had a 15' step ladder and a 30' extension ladder loaded on them at the same time and had no problems with them. just as long as you can secure everything alright.

I wouldnt leave them on for extended periods but if you're hauling stuff and need a rack every-so-often I'd check them out.
      90 LX, 270,XXX miles strong!

Comment

lol so let me get this straight, its almost $400 for the little brackets that my cross bars go into? Just the little brackets,no rack?

Comment

Originally posted by drummerwill View Post
          If you're looking for something quick and cheap to actually put something on I've got a set of the $40 universal ones from advanced/autozone/pepboys and they are alright.

I've had a 15' step ladder and a 30' extension ladder loaded on them at the same time and had no problems with them. just as long as you can secure everything alright.

I wouldnt leave them on for extended periods but if you're hauling stuff and need a rack every-so-often I'd check them out.
          Yeah if it's just for show they have roof racks at the auto stores, they only cost 20 bucks here...all of my friends have them...they're circular also, so if you get a Yakima fairing it'll look better with it.

EDIT: Actually you can see them in my sig, the EF and the DX Accord. I have a Thule roof rack and just sold my Yakima one.
          Last edited by vietkid_2006; 07-06-2011, 07:48 PM.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

hey dang, can you tell me exactly where they got those racks from?
            and do they serve no purpose other than looks?

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
            Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

Comment

You aren't going to find one that is "only for looks" all of them are built to serve a purpose. You can get roof racks at nearly any auto parts store as said above ^. I'd also recommend just looking around e-bay, craigslist, and garage sales to find one that fits as well. Roof rack info is fairly cut and dry. Just a side question, why wouldn't you want a roof rack to serve the purpose it was built for? Sounds kinda contradictory...
              Current
              1992 Accord EX 5-speed Sedan
              Rosewood Brown
              1992 Accord EX 5-Speed Sedan
              Arcadia Green

Previous
              1992 Accord EX 5-Speed Sedan
              Bordeaux
              1993 Accord LX 5-Speed Sedan
              Bordeaux

Comment

I would use it for what its used for if i had any interest in any of those things, i just really like the look of cb7s that have roof racks.

As for the autozone ones, dont those have like straps that you close your door on/roll your window up on to hold them into place?

Comment

Originally posted by kaf_baa_seba'a View Post
                  hey dang, can you tell me exactly where they got those racks from?
                  and do they serve no purpose other than looks?
                  My friends? they got it at one of the auto stores, I don't really remember. Sorry.

I would use it for what its used for if i had any interest in any of those things, i just really like the look of cb7s that have roof racks.

As for the autozone ones, dont those have like straps that you close your door on/roll your window up on to hold them into place?
                  I Like the look also but the only time I really put it on is for car meets. I'm still in the process of looking for bike rack since I do have a bike that I'd love to put on it to go bike at the lake...lol.

and yes they strap to your door. You pretty much get what you pay for.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                  1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                  1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                  2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Just do a little research, I was able to find all I needed via Thule's and Yakima's web sites. At the very least you will need;

Towers
                    Fit Kit
                    Bars

A faring is optional of course and I am still wanting to get one myself.

Thule 400 XT towers can be found on ebay all day long, for a CB7 I believe the fit kit is a 117 and you will want 48" bars (give or take a couple inches). I spent about 2 months slowly putting mine together, bars off craigslist (they were LONG so I cut them to the desired length), towers and fit kit off 2 separate ebay auctions and new end caps for the bars from another. Just be patient and live on ebay and craigslist, take your time and you can do it pretty cheap, I have around $125 in my roof rack.

And I bring up the point again, doing this for LOOKS is a personal preference, so what if its never used?? There is no difference between this and an $800 set of wheels and tires on your car unless your taking your car to the track. We ALL spend money and do things just because its something we WANT or LIKE, functionality aside.

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

Thanks for the backup Noridetoolow, i wasnt gonna get in the style vs functionality debate. Also thanks for the info, i think im just going to piece it together the way you dude. thank ya

Comment

Fo sho, just make a determination as to whether you want Thule or Yakima and then go from there. My choice was made by finding that Thule parts were easier to find, ESPECIALLY the fit kit. You may have to do some digging via Google as well, I was pretty lucky when I found my CB7 fit kit on ebay. gl

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

Thanks for the backup Noridetoolow, i wasnt gonna get in the style vs functionality debate. Also thanks for the info, i think im just going to piece it together the way you dude. thank ya

Also, i guess i could have been more specific bout what info i needed. But i literally needed exactly the info you gave me Noridetoolow. I thought roof racks and what not came in one piece so the info about the towers,and the fit kit will help me on my search so much.

On a side note,does anybody know why my post count keeps getting reset?

Comment

On a side note,does anybody know why my post count keeps getting reset?
                            Yup.
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post2841802

1999 BMW M3
                            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Working...
                            X