Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ROH upgrade or HID's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROH upgrade or HID's

ROH brake upgrade or HID upgrade?
    ROH
    54.55%
    HID's
    45.45%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by esskater892; 05-29-2011, 07:36 PM.
    Accord SE

93se
    Members Ride
    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

HIDs are 40 shipped (xentec)
    ROH is no where near that price lol
    why are you asking
    -Tyler

Comment

retro fit or ROH

i was thinking the retro fit source kind. bi xenon H1's

and asking cause i have money for one right now and i just wanna do something to my accord lol. with the brakes i still need to get the right kind of booster, right now im rockin one that came off a cb with no abs so the pedal is mushy and has to go half way to the floor to to start working.
      Accord SE

93se
      Members Ride
      Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak

Comment

After reading that i'd get the brakes fixed dude thats your life your talking about.
        Freedom Is Not Free
        U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112 View Post
          After reading that i'd get the brakes fixed dude thats your life your talking about.
          ya i know, not gonna lie i dont like it but it works, and the only reason ive put it on the back burnner is cause its a booster thats form a cb with no abs and mine has abs..just a dam wire cut under the passenger side so it doesnt work.

but your right man.
          Accord SE

93se
          Members Ride

Comment

VOTE! pl!
            Accord SE

93se
            Members Ride

Comment

Neither

ROH isn't really an upgrade unless you need new brakes. Its just a different system.

Comment

Well I personally do not see the sense of getting a big brake performance upgrade when your car does not need them because its not fast and you dont auto-x it like that putting it through extreme endurance. I personally think that you should put the hid kit in. Just choose the right color.

Comment

just get the Vigor brake setup, ROH is nice but how often do you need to do your brakes anyways? once every 60k miles? Is it really worth it?

But from a cost stand point, the ddmtuning kits are about 30 bucks...they're decent quality, I'm using the D2S 6000k bulbs for my TSX projectors and they've been good for over a year and a half now. TSX projectors were about 100 bucks for the headlights and the rest I did the work myself retrofitting them in. Oh yeah, sold the housings locally to a guy with a TSX for 65 bucks since his were all cloudy and cancerous lol

The Vigor brake setup costs: 150 for new Reman calipers, 50-70 for Hawk HPS Pads and about 60 for Vigor Rotors. This is a direct bolt-on to the CB spindle. They don't fade even from stops at 100mph and those are just street pads. But if you really drive it hard, I would HIGHLY suggest getting new brake lines or you can upgrade them like I did and get stainless lines for better brake feel. Have you even changed your lines yet? Thats another thing to think about, our cars are anywhere from 18-21 yrs old, so those rubber lines are most likely going to spring a leak.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                    Neither

ROH isn't really an upgrade unless you need new brakes. Its just a different system.
                    i thought the bigger rotors and i guess the calipers would make braking better? and looks cleaner.

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                    Well I personally do not see the sense of getting a big brake performance upgrade when your car does not need them because its not fast and you dont auto-x it like that putting it through extreme endurance. I personally think that you should put the hid kit in. Just choose the right color.
                    well not right now its not, but i am doing a build although mild, it will be more than stock for sure. bisi lv2 cam, port and polish, valve job, lv1 springs stock retainers, idk what im doing with the valves yet, and as for the pistons im not sure, im thinking turbo and i may go with new pistons and rods iron? may stick with steel, not going to be doing alot of boost but some. and new rings obv.

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                    just get the Vigor brake setup, ROH is nice but how often do you need to do your brakes anyways? once every 60k miles? Is it really worth it?

But from a cost stand point, the ddmtuning kits are about 30 bucks...they're decent quality, I'm using the D2S 6000k bulbs for my TSX projectors and they've been good for over a year and a half now. TSX projectors were about 100 bucks for the headlights and the rest I did the work myself retrofitting them in. Oh yeah, sold the housings locally to a guy with a TSX for 65 bucks since his were all cloudy and cancerous lol

The Vigor brake setup costs: 150 for new Reman calipers, 50-70 for Hawk HPS Pads and about 60 for Vigor Rotors. This is a direct bolt-on to the CB spindle. They don't fade even from stops at 100mph and those are just street pads. But if you really drive it hard, I would HIGHLY suggest getting new brake lines or you can upgrade them like I did and get stainless lines for better brake feel. Have you even changed your lines yet? Thats another thing to think about, our cars are anywhere from 18-21 yrs old, so those rubber lines are most likely going to spring a leak.
                    how much work was it retro fitting the tsx ones? from what i can tell it seems easier for the rfs ones.

and with the vigor rotors i can fit my se 15's on right? ive not replaced my lines either, thats something else ill be looking into now. ill prob replace the lines before doing any sort of break upgrade and getting the abs booster for the car. but doing the vigor brake swap and like stainless lines would i feel better breaking?
                    BTW THANKS! for this info its super super helpful!
                    Accord SE

93se
                    Members Ride

Comment

I'd throw any money at maintenance items such as bushings, lines, etc before anything else. I am strange like that though.

Comment

Working...
                      X