Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

got out on the highway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got out on the highway

First off I hate ohio. I had an urge to race someone. Anyone I didn't care if I lost just wanted to race so I got out on the highway. Not a single car in sight. I did what u shouldn't, I scratched my itch. Pedal to the floor and let off at 115 mph,do to finally catching up to a semi. He didn't want want to race. Frowny face. Again I hate ohio.

Cool story

Comment

Lol not really but thanks for the comment I do this get out on the highway every night and no one ever wants to race. Not even the cars that will beat me.

Comment

You know why nobody wants to race you? Because they don't want to die.

Comment

Hmmm perhaps they know what is out there. Either roadkill that they cant see for miles or highway patrol so they are probably scared shitless. Or worse gas prices thats enough to scare everyone into driving slow lol. Reguardless my fellow tuner it is unwise to constantly drive a car that is not suitable to stopping on a dime at that speed of 115 and then backing off.

You just may come across something that just may dart out in front of you or you may run over some shit causing you to pop your tire resulting in some serious get hurt type shit. You see on this site we really dont condone highway racing or bench racing or street racing.

If it is in a controlled environment like a racetrack then yes when it comes to racing other pedestrians even though some of us do it on the low we really dont condone it. For one it is wrong to put other peoples lives at risk.

Two if you are caught the penalties are much worse because owning a license has a value on it a value of freedom,others rely on it because it brings in revenue as people work and third it is a privaledge which is earned slowly but so easily taken away. Be safe out there you never know who's watching.

Comment

any picture of the car?

Comment

Lmao, you remind me of my buddy Sean aka crazy ass aka Nokomp on the site! If I told him, he'd probly go up there just to race you.Racing is fun but, you seriously gotta be smart about it! Be patient and you'll find the challenge your looking for, above all things just be careful and keep onn truckin g..
              Last edited by pninja82; 05-23-2011, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Here in newark ohio we have no local race track. The only one we do is a drag strip. Drag is fun. But I like curves. My driving skill for my age is fairly awesome imo. Worried about other people yes. That's why I wait till 10 at night. No one out in newark. Cops never ont he stretch of highway I'm on. Debris and animals do worry me. That's why I don't race the back roads at night. I study the roads I race. watch where the animals usually cross. I don't race on roads I don't know.

I'm not bragging but I've already lost my licence and have had ten speeding tickets . Forked out thousands to court. I just don't wanna drvie hours away to a track I can't afford. Just to be made fun of by rich people with money and fancy cars nor do I have the special gear. "Helmet" to be on a track. I don't see harm in night street racing. I slow when I see other cars. And stay aware of my surrondings. But I see your concerns. I do understand. I know most have been this way at my age but then again idk.

Comment

come down to columbus theres all kinds of people that will race lol.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                    ...when it comes to racing other pedestrians ...
                    No wonder you're so in love with your ride, Sparkle: the rest of race drivers, not people walking down the street.

Originally posted by Tdub90 View Post
                    Here in newark ohio we have no local race track. The only one we do is a drag strip. Drag is fun. But I like curves. My driving skill for my age is fairly awesome imo. Worried about other people yes. That's why I wait till 10 at night. No one out in newark. Cops never ont he stretch of highway I'm on. Debris and animals do worry me. That's why I don't race the back roads at night. I study the roads I race. watch where the animals usually cross. I don't race on roads I don't know.

I'm not bragging but I've already lost my licence and have had ten speeding tickets . Forked out thousands to court. I just don't wanna drvie hours away to a track I can't afford. Just to be made fun of by rich people with money and fancy cars nor do I have the special gear. "Helmet" to be on a track. I don't see harm in night street racing. I slow when I see other cars. And stay aware of my surrondings. But I see your concerns. I do understand. I know most have been this way at my age but then again idk.

Come to Columbus and drop some cash at Columbus Motor Speedway. It's only an oval, but they do have an amateur class where you can drop like $50 (I think) and race someone else's already prepared car on the track. You might have to buy a helmet (Which is cheaper than a new head and better than spending the rest of you life disfgured and brain damaged, or worse).
                    Getting up to 115 and trying to race a semi is just dumb. I had a gf hit a black leather couch in the middle of the freeway on her way home from work in Newark one night, not to mention the deer out your way, large dogs, raccoons, opossums, etc. Hitting anything larger than a rat at >100 mph is going to be devastating in your car.

You also don't need a helmet at National Trail or almost any other drag strip until you get under 13.99 in the quarter (You do need long pants. They sell sweat pants at the track just in case you forget or don't know. Because those are SO much more protection than cargo shorts, lol). I can tell you that you're probably a LONG way from breaking 14 seconds.
                    Look for an SCCA chapter in your area. Dues and fees are reasonable, you'll get to race (timed course, not head to head, but less chance of damage to your car or the other guys) and it will save you considerable time and money in court. The money you've thrown away to street race could have gone into your car instead of the court and BMV. You'll also meet people that might be richer and have nicer cars, but they're enthusiasts, not douchebags on the street, they're almost always more accepting and helpful.

I'm not saying I don't street race, but I've only hit 100 once in the last few years, and that was chasing the guy that almost crushed me into the freeway barrier last week. Freeway racing is just like drag racing, except your launching skills don't come into play.

If it's not going to be a race; if I KNOW which one of us is going to win, there's no point in the run. That's just speeding next to another guy. I'd rather get out in the country and run some twisties by my self than beat another Mustang on a straghtaway.

Originally posted by AgentZero View Post
                    come down to columbus theres all kinds of people that will race lol.
                    True, more than a few out here. I'm running out down in my corner though. Everybody knows me or the car.

Comment

Lost your licence and 10 tickets?

Why?

Did it not sink it on the first or second ticket that you shouldn't be driving so fast?

Sure It's fun; that's why I have an H22, but going out to race and screwing with truckers is just another one of those things that makes people associate our cars and Hondas in general as being "ricer". It just makes other people look down on you. I doubt anyone here will be impressed by you driving fast and getting tickets.

You gotta keep shit chill man, It really doesn't matter what happens at 80-100+ miles an hour, you have hardly any time to react. I couldn't imagine blowing a tire or having some old suspension component break while going that fast.

At least be careful if you are going to drive fast, make sure your suspension and tires are in good shape. Realize the consequenses too, you could loose your licence for a few years if you get caught. Also, going faster puts more strain on the engine and components.

There are SCCA autocrosses all the time down here. There was one a week or two ago, but I didn't go to it because I don't think I will meet the safety check with my battery in the trunk and no switch.

True, more than a few out here. I'm running out down in my corner though. Everybody knows me or the car.
                      Ugh, so many in columbus.

Comment

My driving skill for my age is fairly awesome imo.
                        lol... 98% of people on the road think they are good drivers and everyone else cant drive... Do the math... It doesn't add up.

If you have ten tickets you are not a good driver... Plenty of people speed all day and do not get tickets. If you have ten tickets you are doing the whole driving thing wrong.

Comment

that can be situational. If the only raods you ever take have nothing but speed traps and you get caught doesn't make you a worse driver than the guy in the country that knows the only 2 cops in town and nevers gets ticketed....

Comment

Lol at the whole cruising the highway looking for someone to race.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                            -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                              No wonder you're so in love with your ride, Sparkle: the rest of race drivers, not people walking down the street.

Come to Columbus and drop some cash at Columbus Motor Speedway. It's only an oval, but they do have an amateur class where you can drop like $50 (I think) and race someone else's already prepared car on the track. You might have to buy a helmet (Which is cheaper than a new head and better than spending the rest of you life disfgured and brain damaged, or worse).
                              Getting up to 115 and trying to race a semi is just dumb. I had a gf hit a black leather couch in the middle of the freeway on her way home from work in Newark one night, not to mention the deer out your way, large dogs, raccoons, opossums, etc. Hitting anything larger than a rat at >100 mph is going to be devastating in your car.

You also don't need a helmet at National Trail or almost any other drag strip until you get under 13.99 in the quarter (You do need long pants. They sell sweat pants at the track just in case you forget or don't know. Because those are SO much more protection than cargo shorts, lol). I can tell you that you're probably a LONG way from breaking 14 seconds.
                              Look for an SCCA chapter in your area. Dues and fees are reasonable, you'll get to race (timed course, not head to head, but less chance of damage to your car or the other guys) and it will save you considerable time and money in court. The money you've thrown away to street race could have gone into your car instead of the court and BMV. You'll also meet people that might be richer and have nicer cars, but they're enthusiasts, not douchebags on the street, they're almost always more accepting and helpful.

I'm not saying I don't street race, but I've only hit 100 once in the last few years, and that was chasing the guy that almost crushed me into the freeway barrier last week. Freeway racing is just like drag racing, except your launching skills don't come into play.

If it's not going to be a race; if I KNOW which one of us is going to win, there's no point in the run. That's just speeding next to another guy. I'd rather get out in the country and run some twisties by my self than beat another Mustang on a straghtaway.

Oh funny hahahah noI dont have a ride I have rides bro cars really good ones so speed up to catch up...... if you can.

Comment

Working...
                              X