Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

need more power without modifying engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need more power without modifying engine

i was wondering if anyone could tell if there is anyway to get more power out of your engine without adding mod's thanks.

humm... i think its hard.. without mods...

Comment

Well you can always rebuild and port and polish it'll restore power and gain health. There's simple ways like running high octane fuel, but your going to need atleast some bolt ons to get true power out, in other words why do you want more power if you don't want mods to be done?

Are you looking for free mods?

Originally posted by deevergote
      .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

remove weight

Comment

Originally posted by h22vtec91 View Post
          i was wondering if anyone could tell if there is anyway to get more power out of your engine without adding mod's thanks.
          Without adding Mods - No
          How much power are you looking to make?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Do a full tune up. (spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, etc.)

Comment

well i dont really wanna spend alot of money on mods till i get my h22 so while im saving my money i just wanna see what i could do to my car to add any power

as much as i can get out of a F22A4 engine
              Last edited by JoshM; 05-09-2011, 09:56 PM. Reason: merged double post

Comment

If you're dropping in an H22 then dont even bother modding the F.

Comment

Originally posted by h22vtec91
                  as much as i can get out of a F22A4 engine
                  What 600hp, 700, maybe 900hp?

Set some goals, and that will dictate what you need to do.
                  Your doing it backwards which will cost more money in the long run.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

600hp would be more than enough to start with and thanks for the help this is my first tuner never done this before so just wanna say thank you

Comment

Originally posted by h22vtec91 View Post
                      600hp would be more than enough to start with and thanks for the help this is my first tuner never done this before so just wanna say thank you
                      Thats what I'm saying.
                      600hp is pretty much a waste of time on the street.
                      You need to make a plan and understand it before you do anything.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Buy a camaro 2011, you will no changes to make and you have 500hp

Comment

Without modifying or adding anything, you're never going to get more than 130 hp at the crank out of the f22a4. As has been stated, do some research. 600 hp is ridiculous and will end up costing you close to, if not over, 5 figures. Not to mention, if you did have 600 hp coming out of the F, why the hell would you then swap to the H? DOHC is just more parts waiting to be broken. You can build the SOHC to be just as badass as any DOHC.

Comment

first off make sure your engine is healthy. no oil leaks, vacume leaks, and its tuned. like everyone keeps saying, with out parts its hard. I cant stand seeing some dumb kid with a bad engine throwing parts at it from autozone.
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Screwing an STD-infested hooker works too... but it's not a great idea.

Comment

You can't add power without modifying the engine.

However, you can add mods that will transfer to the H22... A quality exhaust (Apexi World Sport 2, RS*R ExMag...) You could always get a nitrous kit (a Zex kit is pretty much fool-proof as long as you stick to a low shot, like 50.)

Otherwise, as others have said... drop weight. You won't gain power, but if there's less weight to move, the car will be faster. You'd have to shed quite a bit for it to be noticeable, though.

600hp is laughable.

Comment

Working...
                              X