Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

The word ricer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The word ricer...

Why is anyone with a honda that does any modification called a ricer. If you change your muffler and people hear it and realize the car is a honda the first word that come to their mind is ricer. Why does this have to happen? Why can't people just care about their own self? Why do they have to bag on us?
    cb7sk8rdude

No I think you got that wrong not every Honda gets called ricer yea putting a big ass exhaust on ur car that people can hear it from miles away rice big spoilers, ugly body kits, crazy decals over done stuff yea riced it's not just pointed at hondas.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
    My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

i ve seen someone with only a muffler added on and they were being called ricer in the comments on youtube. its just wierd
      cb7sk8rdude

Comment

As the cars become increasingly cheaper more and more people own them without a budget for proper parts.

Rather than run a quality exhaust that sounds nice, they put a $9.99 Ebay fart cannon on stock piping. Rather than fix rust or repair a badly painted panel they paint it flat black with a roller or spray can. Cars are lowered using cheap sleeves or cut springs. Steelies painted some random color are considered a "cool mod". "JDM" Ebay parts are mistaken for the real deal and are sloppily tacked on.

Combine that with owners that drive like @sshats, and you have a prescription for a stereotype. I see it more and more on this site, people that can't stand to even attempt to build a proper car...they want cheap and many parts rather than a few quality pieces.

Comment

Bravo! That coulldnt have been said any better.

Comment

It comes with the territory. If it bothers you so much then buy a domestic.
            Originally posted by chessboxer
            We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
            Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

You pretty much hit the nail on the head there Accordwarrior.

I consider rice to be tacky, cheap, useless/tasteless mods, such as stick on chrome fender vents, fake hood scoops, giant spoilers, stickers slapped all over the place, improper fitting/damaged bodykits etc.

If it makes the car look goofy, and serves no actual purpose, then that's what we call rice.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation, it helped a bunch!
                cb7sk8rdude

Comment

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, with that said....I don't think it's fair to call it rice just because someone else doesn't like the way your car looks. I also don't think a part necessarily has to serve a purpose either (pointless maybe). I have a roof rack on my car with absolutely NO intention of ever using it...I just like the look of them a lot. However, I do agree with rice being used in relation to cheap/tacky parts.
                  Last edited by Niteryder315; 05-03-2011, 10:58 AM.

PSN ~ Ghostboost03
                  Jimm@BavAuto.com

~1993 Accord LX
                  ~2003 Nissan Maxima GLE
                  ~2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege #1954 - SOLD

Comment

i wish this word would be retired. i feel people use it in the wrong context consistently. theres probably 10 threads over this word.

usually the people that call someone a ricer dont own a japanese manufacture car. so they dont use it in the same context.

if i call a car a ricers its because it has a huge race like spoiler, or anything that you'd see on a REAL racing car. Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements.

dont let it bother you. you do what you want to your car. just make sure it's safe for you and others on the road.
                    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Haha i love it when ppl laugh at my car and call it a ricer especially the one's with the Camaro's and Stangs, i will admit my CB7 is not the prettiest but when the H22 and the turbo under the hood talks they shut their mouth up and have a face of disbelieve when they do the ricer flyby on me like i still had it floored, i think to myself, haha ricer flyby and just laugh

Comment

Originally posted by cb7sk8rdude View Post
                        i ve seen someone with only a muffler added on and they were being called ricer in the comments on youtube. its just wierd
                        a lot of those comments are coming from the very-set-in-their-ways-carburated-domestic-v8's-own-the-world crowd or from people that like to stir shit.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I know alot of people that just call it a ricer if its a honda no matter what and its usually muscle car drivers Idk why they hate hondas I love import and muscle cars the same i think their is good in both id drive my cb7 and i would buy a cobra and drive that too. People make me mad when they make fun of them yea their not that fast without work done to them but who cares its a car to drive no a fricken drag car...

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
                          Originally posted by keepinitclean
                          I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

Well being called a rice doesn't really matter cause if you know ur car is nice and looking clean & people saying ur car is sexy. Then it's nice in our group of cars. Yea I see alot of dudes cutting thEre stock springs, putting just the muffler tips with stock exhaust...big ass wings...(plus) trying to race everyone they see.? Now that's rice. I really dont see it making us look bad it's just that we have nice cars, cost less to make them fast...then a mustang, camaro, or another v8.

That's what i think.?
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199269 Current Coupe.

Instagram : moii_26

Playstation Network : el_tyrone

Comment

import guys will always be more accepting of "others" than domestic guys. It's just the way things are. inbreed hick with mullet for domestic= dumb ass ricer for import.

Comment

Working...
                              X