Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Why lower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 809king View Post
    i said fuck it and slammed it, i really wanted the front lip to be touching the floor but it couldnt go that low.. it rides like shit but idgf
    if it rides like shit something was done wrong...

Comment

So many people are mis guided about slammed cars. My friend has a da on function forms he is hitting and ripping up road deflectors. But at the same time it rides like your a cloud.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
        So many people are mis guided about slammed cars. My friend has a da on function forms he is hitting and ripping up road deflectors. But at the same time it rides like your a cloud.
        thats because FnF's are gangster.

having stiff suspension will cause you to feel the road more, but the proper damping system will improve the feel of the ride. the Omni's i had on my CB didn't even have adjustable damping, but always rode amazing.

Comment

That is very true. Properly matched springs and dampers are VERY important.

Most people use the cheapest stuff they can find... $50 sleeves on KYB GR2s or something... that is if they're smart enough to replace the shocks in the process. Of course that's going to ride like shit!

Do it right, and it can be a decent ride. I'm still not a fan of a "full race" suspension on a street car. Such a thing is not made for public roads. Parts that are made for the track should stay on the track.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Do it right, and it can be a decent ride. I'm still not a fan of a "full race" suspension on a street car. Such a thing is not made for public roads. Parts that are made for the track should stay on the track.
            Deev, I completely agree with you on that respect. I mean, I like the thought of being able to 'feel the road' and take turns like I'm on rails but I like the comfort aspect more than I like the extreme stiffness... Kinda takes me back to when my bro had gr2's and civic lowering springs on his geo storm. he bought the set-up for real cheap and that shit was mad stiff! It hugged every inch of the corner! But the ride was hella rough. Like you honestly could not ride to Birmingham without getting a numb ass! but all in all it handled like a go kart. It just wasnt very street-able. It was very uncomfortable and bounced a lot... But still was a fun ass car to drive.

Comment

Just because the ride is extremely stiff doesn't mean it handles well...

Comment

Working...
              X